Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I Caught the COVID. Do I Quit my High Risk Job?

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Hey man,

Feel better. Only you can answer this question. It's up to your own personal risk level.

I wouldn't count on it soon, nor would I take it until it's in effect for a full season. My best guess would be the flu season of next year (Fall 2021-Spring 2022) for the general public. The Federal government right now is blowing smoke up everyone's ass because it's election season. This pandemic will likely dominate the world for a total of 3 years, based off historical precedent of the Spanish Flu. It will likely be endemic after that in perpetuity like influenza.

As for my personal advice, live your life as "normally" as you can but take every precaution to minimize risk. Wash your hands thoroughly and often. Wear a mask in public. Do not hang out in indoor spaces where people are not observing mask and social distancing guidelines. If your livelihood leaves you no choice, then proceed but mask up and take the quickest safer alternative opportunity available. Getting sick sucks but keep in mind this thing can cause permanent internal organ damage. Is that worth it?
It's never going to go away that's why it's silly to even shut things down.

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Ask the question...” What would be the purpose of a man setting up trade with a communist country where the trade is unequal and drains the wealth of his own country?

Would you trade a BMW for a bicycle?
If it's made out of solid titanium with some diamonds in it.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Glad you're doing better.

You might get it again. Vaccine or not. Just use the fact that you have it now, you know how it feels and you know what it causes you to miss out on. Are those things worth missing out on? If they are, then quit your job. If they're not, don't quit. But you've got to come up with your own formula/algorithm for deciding which risk level to accept. Personally, I think personal anecdote supplemented by what experts are saying is your best route.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, common logic tells me you’re using good judgement by listening to health professionals regarding that decision.
While I'm not anti-vaccine, I also think it's a mistake to uncritically listen to the advice of health professionals. They often have their own agenda. A perfect example of this is public health "experts" like Dr. Fauci and his counterparts in other countries discouraging people from wearing masks in early days of the pandemic (remember how they said that wearing a mask may actually make things worse because you touch it with your hands, and then touch your face afterwards?) They knew damn well that wearing a mask was a good idea but they were worried that telling people the truth would cause a run on the market and create a shortage of PPE for hospital workers. In other words, they deliberately mislead the public because they felt that protecting hospital workers was more important than protecting the average Joe. Without a doubt, some people have died by listening to this “advice”.