Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So, apparently one sentence was enough to destroy the happy atmosphere...

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night, one of my bros and I were watching a football match between Germany and Italy at a live public screening. As fans of the Italian team, we were in a clear minority at this event and at first, we couldn't spot any other Italy supporters until we saw some gorgeous women wearing Italy jerseys, who smiled at us. T

They were in a small group consisting of four women and three guys who were all cheering for Italy. Since my buddy doesn't speak Italian, I was the one who had to approach them and do most of the talking. They spoke a little bit of English, but not much, so my bro was basically just standing there and waiting for me to 'make things happen'.

At the beginning, everything was perfect. Great small talk, I was keeping things light, fun, and positive, I intentionally included the guys in the conversation, we all were in a very good mood.

But then it happened...

I asked the ladies "Pensate che il mio amico sia bello?", which means "Do you think that my buddy is handsome?". I honestly didn't think about this sentence before I said it, I just wanted to 'test the water' a bit.

Their reaction was the exact opposite of positive. They said something like "We don't want to talk about that now. We can talk about that after the match." while their facial expressions changed from interested to indifferent in a matter of seconds.

My buddy asked me what I had said to them and when I translated it for him, he said "WHY did you say that??? Now you've ruined my chances with them! It's over for me, dude." Nevertheless he wasn't angry, he's never angry since he's a chill person who just enjoys life. He was just surprised.

Then he told me that it's fine and that I shouldn't worry, that I should relax instead and not give a damn and enjoy the match.

Dude genuinely switched to IDGAF mode and seemed to be quite happy despite their negative reaction while I was extremely sad thinking about that it was all my fault. I couldn't bear this situation any longer and immediately went home with my guilt feelings. I guess, I'll always be like Drake. I'm just not the type of guy who's capable of the IDGAF attitude.

The thing is that I was just living in the now, not analyzing anything, so I said what I wanted to say without thinking about it, which I thought was the right mindset, but apparently it's not. Plus, my buddy standing there and waiting for me to "make things happen" posed a real challenge to me.

I always thought that it's not what you say but how you say it. But apparently, you can make a lot of mistakes and have to choose your words wisely, even when partying.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you did anything wrong. If she was even a little interested she wouldn't have acted that way. In fact it was screening for interest. And the truth is she was much more interested in the match. You need to think what her "goals" are. They were to have a good time watching the game. You were adding to that until you showed intent.

Nothing wrong. Shyt happens.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
yeah thats the worst line u can ever drop. its a beta move for sure. a couple weeks ago MY BEST FRIEND who ive known half my life was drunk and just talking stupid as fuk.This black chick approached us and he was like "whos cuter me or him" and it backfired he got called gay by her and i called him a phaggot in front of everyone lol. Its all love tho. We are brothers and we sometimes purposefully roast eachother in front of other people just because its funny as ****.

anyway my point is dont every ask a girl what she thinks about your looks or your friends looks or anything. its very beta, very supplicating etc.

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact it was screening for interest.
Yeah, that was the intention behind it. I actually expected a positive reaction in order to boost my buddy's ego but it backfired.

yeah thats the worst line u can ever drop. its a beta move for sure.
Different people have different opinions. I guess, there is some truth to what MillionBillionaire said, i.e. it depends on her interest level. It might very well be that we didn't stand a chance from the beginning and they were just being nice.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kind of a creepy question if you ask me...

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be the one screening her, not asking her to screen you. It is supplication.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What response did you want? Where does this lead?

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I expected Matthew McConaughey to suddenly turn up and tell me that nobody knows if a stock's going up, down or sideways and that I should make sure that I stay relaxed. The disappointment that he didn't show up was intense.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
so you **** blocked your friend and made a pointless topic boasting about it?

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wingman OP's effort failed. If I were your friend, because they speak a little bit of English, I would have chatted with the girls myself and gave it a shot myself.

I cringe at people who rely on wingmen to get laid or to get into relationships.

On a related note, you guys were there for a soccer game and apparently, an opportunity presented itself. You took your shot and it did not materialize. Who cares.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the OP wqs expecting something like "Oh, maybe a little bit.." or "He's not really my type but he's kinda cute."

I'm surprised how cluless people are on these forums.

so you **** blocked your friend and made a pointless topic boasting about it?
So you made an irrelevant post to a "pointless topic?" He didn't cblock his friend.. we wasn't even trying to wing him.. he was just trying to move the interaction forward to a man woman frame.. It wasn't the smoothest but at least he gave it a shot.

Again.. if there was any interest she wouldn't have been so abrasive... good job testing for interest.

You should be the one screening her, not asking her to screen you. It is supplication.
He was screening her for her interest.. you got this backwards.

This forum has gone to shyt since the revamp.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the OP wqs expecting something like "Oh, maybe a little bit.." or "He's not really my type but he's kinda cute."

I'm surprised how cluless people are on these forums.

So you made an irrelevant post to a "pointless topic?" He didn't cblock his friend.. we wasn't even trying to wing him.. he was just trying to move the interaction forward to a man woman frame.. It wasn't the smoothest but at least he gave it a shot.

Again.. if there was any interest she wouldn't have been so abrasive... good job testing for interest.

He was screening her for her interest.. you got this backwards.

This forum has gone to shyt since the revamp.
That's not how it's done. You wouldn'the walk up to some chick and say, hey you....am I handsome?

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not how it's done. You wouldn'the walk up to some chick and say, hey you....am I handsome?
Do you know what's going on? He was already vibing with the girls.. and what do you mean "that's not how it's done" are you some kinda pickup guru? Get that "suplicating" mental masterbation out your head.

That line can be used as an open if it is delivered correctly. But that is not the situation we are discussing.

Again.. this forum is worthless for pickup

Serenity

Reaction score
What you said and how you said it was probably fine. It was bad timing. Everyone was focusing on the match, that was the main thing happening in that "now". If there is a big event then you gotta wait until it's over. It does give a needy vibe, that you're there just for pvssy rather than the fun. Evidenced by focusing on their interest instead of the fun happening at that moment.

It's just bad timing, go with the flow until events are over.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@DiegoSantori my advice is to work on becoming a lot less outcome dependent. You should not want to go home because of one bad line to a group of chicks. It's all a learning experience! It was a bad line which convey's desperation, move on to the next group of women.

@Grewd is correct in saying the timing was off. This combined with the line conveying neediness resulted in your demise.

Focus on yourself & having fun regardless of women. Believe that you are capable and you will get there.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wasn't interested. If she was, she would have played along.