Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So am I screwed? Paypal problem

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skel said:
I use to play World of Warcraft. I no longer play it. I still had an active account. I posted it on ebay for sale. Someone emailed me saying they would send me the money via paypal for it. I got on AIM and chatted with the person for about 20 minutes about the transaction. He sent the money paypal and I verirfied by checking this of course. As soon as the money was sent, I sent him the account information and pulled the listing off ebay. I transferred the money in papyal to my checking account almost immediately.

The other party took the WOW account over and put it under his name. 2 days later I get an email from paypal saying the transfer was unauthorized and to log in and give information about the transaction. Their only options were to 1) refund the money to the party or 2)give proof the item was shipped with a tracking number. I called papyal and a representative told me to use the tracking number option but just leave under comments that it was a virtual item and leave as much info as possible which I did. I even specified that I had the email between me and the other party as well as the Instant messages. Paypal never contacted me after that to get the information. They sent an email about 7 days later saying I owed them the money back and my account is now listed as negative x dollars.

I have already got the money in my bank account. Is there anything they can do to physically take the money back and is there anything I can do to avoid this? Its quite a bit of money and Im not sure what to do from this poitn on or if Im basicaly screwed because its a virtual item and I have no real proof that I sold the person this item other than the email and Instant mesages we sent back and forth. Also the name of the paypal owner is different from the person's email who i was chatting with. I figured it was the child of the person using the paypal account so this really wasnt something I was thinking of at the time.

any help appreciated.

Dude forget what most of these people are saying. I was in the same situation as you and nothing happend. Just make sure you remove your checking account information from PayPal or they will automatically transfer the money out of it to make the balance positive.

I removed my checking account, and all they did was send me emails every week saying I needed to make the account positive. I finally responded to one of them telling them I did not have a working product back and they can't just decide to refund money to someone and leave me screwed.

Nothing ever happend.

**** PayPal!

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't know lalapopotamus can type.

What is this thread all about? Seller is faced with pissed off paypal who said he owns them money. Yea, he has money in bank account, but if he doesn't pay up to paypal, he can't use them anymore.. It's called being screwed..

Wait... Wait a minute... lalapopatamus didn't type that crap, you did.. You also don't know what this thread is about.. Lalapopatumsses don't know how to type, it's such a relieve dude. There is hope for the future. Don't you think we are safe now? Don't you? Let us know man. Send us a post card from there, tell us how to hear to learn dude.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing, you should try to recruit Mr. Wolf, for another clone in your army. He has all the necessary attributes.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Dude forget what most of these people are saying. I was in the same situation as you and nothing happend. Just make sure you remove your checking account information from PayPal or they will automatically transfer the money out of it to make the balance positive.
In his specific situation, that's probaby a safe precaution. I don't think they could do that to my checking account with USAA (and if they could, I could probably dispute it and get it undone), but still... it couldnt hurt in his case.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
LOL. Hey, I'm hear to learn from anyone that can teach me something. I'm carefully listening to how I am vulnerable.

You pay with paypal, I log onto paypal, see the amount deposited, and immediately ACS transfer to my checking account. 2 days later (it takes 2-3 days), I see the amount in full in my checking account. I then ship.

Basically this happened to me. I got paid, transferred to bank account. Gave item after being paid. Buyer then filed a claim with paypal saying he never recieved item and was given back money. I am now screwed with paypal unless I pay back the money which they refunded to the buyer.

Ill never use paypal again.

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Skel is not in la la land. He understands that he is screwed, and that as a seller he can be screwed. He wouldn't use PayPal again because he don't want to get screwed again.

Say skel, we know you can't use PayPal to receive payments, but can you use it to pay?

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, you know that I cant since my paypal account now says -$562.67

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
See, you're screwed now until you pay $526.67..

It's probably late now to go after person who screwed you to get that money, right?

Now, when you buying stuff, you can send check or money order, and once payment clears, you can rely on lalapapatomums to brake knee caps if something goes wrong.

Yea yea, paypal this and paypal that.. Question is, was it worth it?

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skel said:
Um, you know that I cant since my paypal account now says -$562.67

WTF?! That much money for a WOW account? can someone explain this for me????

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
WTF?! That much money for a WOW account? can someone explain this for me????

Kids have more money than they know what to do with I guess.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
I'm glad i saw this thread. As a seller (usually), i'll just wait 2-3 days after the transaction before shipping (to ensure the money transfers to my checking account and to ensure Paypal doesn't have issues with the transaction).
BINGO.

Most ppl have no issue with this at all. On big money purchases I might even wait 5-7 days before shipping.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried removing my checking account. Guess what? They wont let me. Im going to the bank today to close my checking account and open another one.