"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Smoothest way to react?

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Okay, so I've been in this situation a few times and still haven't gotten it right. Exactly what is the best way to handle a chick calling off a date? For example, this girl I've known for about a month and I had something scheduled for tomorrow since Monday, but today when I got some I saw a curt little "can't go tomorrow. sorry." left on my AOL. She wasn't online and hasn't been since, and unfortunately I don't have her phone number (you'd think after a month, but once I got her s/n she was online so much it usually didn't matter....). I know she has a high interest level in me (she has a boyfriend, in fact, but agreed to this date and when I asked about limits, she told me "whatever he doesn't know won't hurt him"). The legitness of the reason can vary, of course, so I guess a few different ideas would be good. I've tried being angry before when a girl has done this, and that didn't really work, and I tried simply being like, "Oh, okay. Let's try again soon," but I think I come off as too much of a doormat with that. Thoughts?

Edit: I should probably mention that this is purely for FWB/FB purposes, not a relationship.
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Yea I have a thought. I hope she's just serving as a f uck buddy, cuz she will sscrew you over the same way she screwed her BF over (figuratively of course).

now to your question:

Er, she doesn't seem to have much potential like I said. So screw her and move on. She is not relationship material. Hopefully you don't have oneitis or anything ( I hope ). So just blow it off, next her, and find other girls worthy of the great Ballistik.
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Whoa, yeah, shoulda made that clear, this is purely for FWB/FB purposes only. I don't look for relationships with cheaters. Period.

And (not to attack you, just because I'd rather not read more of it) if you're gonna tell me to "screw her and move on," well, I ain't gonna finish reading your sentence. If I was gonna do that, I wouldn't have needed to start a thread.
 

quest

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
0
yeah, don't worry at all about the boy friend. he'll be cool with it.
infact, you should prob call him and let him know, cause he won't mind.

who cares about his feelings?

if i were in the same situation as you, i'd tell her that she's a ****en ***** and to get some respect for herself. and i'd tell him she's a ***** and to move on.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Quest, I think ya mighta misunderstood my question.....
 
Top