"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Smirking and George Bruno

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,748
Reaction score
9,944
I've been watching a few videos from this guy lately, although I know he's a little on the old side for most of you. The thing I like about this guy is that he actually doesn't advocate smirking. Most PUA videos tell you to smirk, go up to the girl and smirk. I freaking hate smirking, I despise it, it just isn't in me to smirk. I'm sure I smirk on occasion, but I can't really do it on command, I freaking hate smirking. Anyway, this is the first guy I ever heard give advice who said not to smirk, so that got my attention. He also embraces being a gentleman (within reason, of course) as opposed to being a jerk.

In this video he talks about being attractive by coming from a place of joy and being complete. That's nothing original certainly, but I agree with it, and try to live that way. For me, being a Christian, it's more like come from a place of rejoicing in God and being complete with God.

I'm not really big on hero worshiping certain "life coach" types, there are things with this guy I don't like so much. But if I can find something of value in what someone says, I will try to embrace it.

 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
Howard Roark smirked a lot (in calculated/selective times) in the book "The Foutainhead" by Ayn Rand. Dominique was the hottest woman of her time (who the author thought herself to be) in the 1920s/30s. Roark raped her on their first sexual encounter, and rubberbanded her all throughout the book behind wealthy husbands' backs.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,748
Reaction score
9,944
Howard Roark smirked a lot (in calculated/selective times) in the book "The Foutainhead" by Ayn Rand.
I'm not disputing many guys can use smirking effectively. I've even heard girls advise guys to do it. I just can't stand smirking myself, so I won't do it. At least not intentionally. I'm sure I've smirked plenty of times, but if I do it then it's completely authentic and natural, because I don't smirk intentionally.
 

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
I'm not disputing many guys can use smirking effectively. I've even heard girls advise guys to do it. I just can't stand smirking myself, so I won't do it. At least not intentionally. I'm sure I've smirked plenty of times, but if I do it then it's completely authentic and natural, because I don't smirk intentionally.
Well everything about Roark in the book was supposedly authentic and natural. It cost him tons of money, but not fame, and this is just a Female's book written when our male/female interactions were more normal/natural. Men were Fully in control back then.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I think in practical terms smirking="half smile". A slight, asymmetrical smile but not an all-out grin. This lets her know you are extending some attention to her but you are not "all-in".
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top