Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smirking and George Bruno

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been watching a few videos from this guy lately, although I know he's a little on the old side for most of you. The thing I like about this guy is that he actually doesn't advocate smirking. Most PUA videos tell you to smirk, go up to the girl and smirk. I freaking hate smirking, I despise it, it just isn't in me to smirk. I'm sure I smirk on occasion, but I can't really do it on command, I freaking hate smirking. Anyway, this is the first guy I ever heard give advice who said not to smirk, so that got my attention. He also embraces being a gentleman (within reason, of course) as opposed to being a jerk.

In this video he talks about being attractive by coming from a place of joy and being complete. That's nothing original certainly, but I agree with it, and try to live that way. For me, being a Christian, it's more like come from a place of rejoicing in God and being complete with God.

I'm not really big on hero worshiping certain "life coach" types, there are things with this guy I don't like so much. But if I can find something of value in what someone says, I will try to embrace it.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howard Roark smirked a lot (in calculated/selective times) in the book "The Foutainhead" by Ayn Rand. Dominique was the hottest woman of her time (who the author thought herself to be) in the 1920s/30s. Roark raped her on their first sexual encounter, and rubberbanded her all throughout the book behind wealthy husbands' backs.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howard Roark smirked a lot (in calculated/selective times) in the book "The Foutainhead" by Ayn Rand.
I'm not disputing many guys can use smirking effectively. I've even heard girls advise guys to do it. I just can't stand smirking myself, so I won't do it. At least not intentionally. I'm sure I've smirked plenty of times, but if I do it then it's completely authentic and natural, because I don't smirk intentionally.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not disputing many guys can use smirking effectively. I've even heard girls advise guys to do it. I just can't stand smirking myself, so I won't do it. At least not intentionally. I'm sure I've smirked plenty of times, but if I do it then it's completely authentic and natural, because I don't smirk intentionally.
Well everything about Roark in the book was supposedly authentic and natural. It cost him tons of money, but not fame, and this is just a Female's book written when our male/female interactions were more normal/natural. Men were Fully in control back then.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in practical terms smirking="half smile". A slight, asymmetrical smile but not an all-out grin. This lets her know you are extending some attention to her but you are not "all-in".

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

ShePays

Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching a few videos from this guy lately, although I know he's a little on the old side for most of you. The thing I like about this guy is that he actually doesn't advocate smirking. Most PUA videos tell you to smirk, go up to the girl and smirk. I freaking hate smirking, I despise it, it just isn't in me to smirk. I'm sure I smirk on occasion, but I can't really do it on command, I freaking hate smirking. Anyway, this is the first guy I ever heard give advice who said not to smirk, so that got my attention. He also embraces being a gentleman (within reason, of course) as opposed to being a jerk.

In this video he talks about being attractive by coming from a place of joy and being complete. That's nothing original certainly, but I agree with it, and try to live that way. For me, being a Christian, it's more like come from a place of rejoicing in God and being complete with God.

I'm not really big on hero worshiping certain "life coach" types, there are things with this guy I don't like so much. But if I can find something of value in what someone says, I will try to embrace it.

Much of what PUAs advocate on approach, seems forced and unnatural.

Personally, smirking is on the edge of my lighthearted behavior, on the cusp of annoyance. I tend to limit my emotional range with women, to between playful and annoyed. A smirk is the most playful way to let a woman know you're annoyed.

A lot is made of "sense of humor" and how women "love a man with a sense of humor," but few principles of intersexual dynamics are more tragically misunderstood than that single concept.

Does anyone love a clown? Somebody must, but I doubt clowns have many groupees. John Wayne Gayce was a clown. They give me the creeps...followed closely by their French cousins, the Mimes.

Humor encompasses a broad array of delivery mechanisms, from satire to parody to irony to ridicule to mockery to sarcasm, and none of them are sexy, really. The best a good sense of humor, properly deployed, accomplishes is to put others in a good mood, so that anything becomes possible, but putting on a show, and being the entertainer, especially as the butt of the joke, isn't going to make many panties wet.

Besides all that, what women really mean about humor, aside from the ability to put her in a good mood, is that they love men of good humor, men who aren't easily upset, and who are generally in a good mood themselves. Women are a bit like horses; they're very sensitive to the moods of others.

Staying in a playful mood, not easily thrown into a rage over trivial matters, or hypersensitive to the moods or words of others, tends to characterize true masculinity, anyway. Think about the mood at a Viking meeting hall, after a battle, filled with laughter and good humor; even their internal squabbles are marked by playful gibing, and any resulting scuffles will be little more than sparring among brothers in arms. It's the comradery of the soldier, in the safety of the clubhouse. Why did Vikings look so forward to Valhalla? For the joyful comradery forged by battle.

I don't have the same to attitude towards the smirk. It's the most playful method I can think of, for overtly displaying annoyance, without being overcome by it. It's just a friendly warning to the wise. Different strokes...but, I'm not a PUA, either.

TheFinalLine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A smirk should be used tactically. I had to analyze myself because I’ve never heard anyone talk about it until now. Haven’t read anything. But I do smirk at times. I had to figure out why I did that.

A smirk communicates a mild amusement with a very slight touch of scorn.

When a woman says something meant to be manipulative or is trying to pull off some “girl power” fake facade, you smirk.
When she’s being real, you smile but to make it genuine amusement at her attempt at being genuine and real you have to smile with your eyes.

Make sense?

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When i think of aloof ****y funny i like to watch Jeff Bingham character on the older show Rules of Engagement. And funny af too. Sometimes hollywood gets it right.