"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Small town / Small house

faustus

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
UK
Hey,

I live in a small as Hell town, moving to a smaller one - there are hardly any buses and few HBs around. And I live in a small house with my parents and two baby brothers!

Just wondering if any other DJs who have lived in small-time surroundings at a stage of their DJing have any good pieces of advice or ideas for survival in a small-time environment.

I'm wearing earplugs when I go to sleep to block out the kids' screaming already... :rolleyes:
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
I used to live in a small town where everyone would know everyone. It sucked bigtime.

Are there any towns nearby that you can go check out?

The only advice I can give you is be cool from day one. You are given a chance to get a completely new and clean image. Now that you know some of this dj stuff, go work it. There may only be a few HBs but wouldn't it be cool to have them fighting over the new kid?
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
I live in a small town but luckily some good cities are pretty close by. Just as Caveman said, try to build up a good rep and look for some other close by towns/cities.
 

faustus

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
UK
Caveman,

Thanks for the advice: though, man I know that it's a common comment on these forums, but I really wish that I'd come here sooner... I started out at a new college just last year out of my own accord, and if I had known what I know now then... :D This has made me very determined to be at a good level of DJing when I get to university.

Still, yeah I'm going to make the best out of it - I like your idea of being cool from day one. There are apparently 2 HBs there, and there's another town nearby which I've never checked out
before, so it's a good opp. to try some stuff out.

Paintballguy - there's a city nearby, it's just real difficult to get to now: I guess I'll need to pass my driving test!
 
Top