Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleep 13 hours a day but still tired

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi DJ fellowers,
I have a problem which is considerably big and I need to do something about is. The thing is: I am always tired as hell! My day look like this:
I stand up at 6 am, go to school, come home at 2 pm, sleep until 5 pm, go to the fittness or jogging, come home at 7pm, watch TV until 9 pm and go to sleep again.

So the really disturbing thing is: I have no time for practicing for school and I also have no time for doing anything which is not in this schedule like going to the supermarket or met some women.

I sleep around 13 hours a day but I am tired the other 11 when I am awake as well!

I do sport like I have said nearly every day, I have never smoked in my live, I only get drunken once a month or so, I eats relatively healthy food every day (fruits, vegtebales and stuff) so what can I do about it ?

I feel like I oversleep my life...

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way: I basically feel like sh't when I wake up in the morning. My back is hurting, I have headache and nearly all other things are hurting as well ... Nevertheless .. my desire to sleep is even bigger than this pain.
In the vacancies I usually around 15 hours non-stop before my mother or someone else finally wake me up!

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This could be caused by a few obvious and perhaps a few nonobvious things:

1. TOO MUCH FVCKING SLEEP. First of all, you are fvcking sleeping too much. The more you sleep, the more sleepy you'll become. Any more than 8 hours sleep per night and you are setting yourself up to basically fvck over your body and your metabolism, hence the aches and headaches.

There is such a thing as TOO MUCH SLEEP and you are doing it. From now on, only 8 hours per night. Force yourself to stay up, NO NAPS, and then force yourself to get up in the morning.

2. CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY. It is imperative that you are consistent with your sleep times. If you must get up at 0600, then be sure to get your ass in bed and to sleep at 10 pm, no later, no earlier. And then be sure to get your ass out of bed by 0600 for a total of 8 hours sleep.

3. MEDICAL ISSUES. Get thee to a doctor to be sure you don't have some type of illness such as mono, Epstein Barr, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or Depression.

4. DEPRESSION. This one requires it's own item; you may be depressed. One way of dealing with that is to BE more active and to get more physical activity. See your Doctor about other possible treatments.

You are wasting your life sleeping bro. Knock it the fvck off; you should be using that time to pick up chicks or get buff or do whatever activity you like. Make sure those activities are NOT
fvcking t.v. watching, nintendo or internet surfing.

Get moving.

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi prosemont,
I simply love this forum for really useful and motivating answers like this.
BUt I think simply avoid to not sleep will not help to much. Ok, I can try to simply sleep 8 hours a day, but this does only have the consequence (and I have tried it) that I am even more tired and I am all day long: "I will not fall asleep, I will not fall asleep ...."
If I do sports or something, I am not tired in this moment this is right but I am afterwards! And I cannot afford to do sport all day long because as I said I have to practise hard for my examinations.

I am sure that I have no depression because I don't feel depressed really. The only really I am kind of unhappy at the moment is the condition that I am tired all day long and can't practise for my important examinations.

Altough I will consider going to a doctor to examine my blood or something ... but I think he will not find anything.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
prosemont-
You forgot to tell him, that if he does get into excercising like weight-lifting, he better keep it consistent. Remember Challenger, if you stop lifting for even one day, you become depress. It has happened to many of us who missed one day. Unless rest is part of your routine, it should be an active rest. (unless you're skinny, eating is part of the active rest)

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, changing your sleep routine is not an overnight work. Keep this up for at least one month and come back to us. You said you have tried it, but I doubt it's been a month.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you fall asleep you create those chemicals that keep you asleep. Thing is, if you sleep much more than eight hours you tend to create an excess of those chemicals which makes you feel tired. Sleep properly for just a few nights in a row and you should feel the difference.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Killer and JohnnyVegas (I really like that name) are right.

The most important thing is to be consistent about it. You will struggle for a week or two, but if you consistently follow what I outlined, you will feel better after about three weeks.

You need to change your sleeping HABITS and it will be difficult but you need to stay the course on this or forever be tired the way you currently are.

Slashco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your diet could also be part of the problem. Do you eat a lot of sugar/potatoes/pastries/etc? They generally give you a quick jolt of energy but leave you feeling tired for the rest of the day.

And skip the afternoon naps, or limit them to an hour or less - otherwise your night sleep will be less restful.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slashco
Your diet could also be part of the problem. Do you eat a lot of sugar/potatoes/pastries/etc? They generally give you a quick jolt of energy but leave you feeling tired for the rest of the day.

And skip the afternoon naps, or limit them to an hour or less - otherwise your night sleep will be less restful.
Correction- They may give a quick jolt of FAKE energy but later on the day they make you DEPRESSED.

Slashco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no 'fake' energy. You are either energetic or you aren't :)

And sleeping a lot is one of the classic symptoms of depression, so I guess that could be the case.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Slashco-
Look at it this way, real energy doesn't make you depressed, fake energy does.

Challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do certainly have to depression! I have slept for many hours more than normal people my whole life certainly. But in the last time I am really tired all day long.

I do not eat mcuh sweets or sugar as I have said, nor am I smoking nor am I taking drugs or anythink.

I have been at the doctor and he said he couldn't find anythink. He is sending my blood away for further analysis and I hope they will find anythink so that I can do something specific about it.

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try taking a magnesium supplement before bed. I took ZMA awhlie ago and noticed a huge difference in my sleep and the reason behind it was the magnesium in it. No real harm in trying it neither, You can find it at a drugstore or GNC or somethign for under $10 for like 2 months supply of it (that's magnesium, not ZMA, ZMA is a lot more expensive and wouldn't be at a drugstore probably, just stores like GNC)

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be tired all the time. When I went to a shrink they thought I had depression (which I didn't) and I tried some anti-depression meds... no effect. Then I was finally diagnosed with ADHD and I started taking Adderall. Now my sleepiness/tiredness is gone.

You should try going to a psychiatrist, they can give you a test for ADHD, depression, and probably some other things that could contribute to sleeping problems. Also as others have said here, make sure to eat decent foods and excercise sometimes. Those things really do have a huge impact on how you sleep.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're just sleeping for too long!

You should probably sleep for between 8 and 10 hours every night, ideally.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should only sleep 7-8 hours. Anything over or under that is unhealthy and increases the risks of getting heart disease.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon
You should only sleep 7-8 hours. Anything over or under that is unhealthy and increases the risks of getting heart disease.
Really? Wasn't aware of that.

Well, I guess the rule is undersleeping is bad, and oversleeping is no better.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The average person will sleep approximately eight hours and fifteen minutes when uninterrupted.
(James Villepigue, "The Body Sculpting Bible For Men", pg. 91)