Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Skinny wrists

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all-
I'm working on bulking up with free weights... it's working quite well for me (6-8 lbs this month.) My arms are starting to develop quite nicely... but I still have these d@mned skinny toothpick wrists. Can anyone recommend an exercise to help my wrists thicken so they don't look unbalanced with my arms? Thanks.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry..you can't increase the bone size with an exercise. Just hope you grow more because that's the only way to increase wrist size. But honestly, small joints are usually considered a good thing, in that they make your muscles look bigger. If you look at almost all pro bodybuilders, they have smaller joints, which help to emphasize the muscles. Not saying you or I would like to be even close to that big, though.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way you can possibly get any meat near or around your wrists is to work on your forearms but they develope VERY slowly and they start getting bigger around your elbows first and it works its way towards the wrists. Like the first reply says though, skinny wrists are not really a bad thing because they will make the rest of your arms look bigger.

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Drex, that answers my question, as well as my curiosity why, when I've been doing both regular and behind the back barbell wrist curls with significant weight, I've only been developing muscle at the back of the forearm. Guess I just need to keep at it, then. And I'm not looking for big, hulking wrists, just some meat on the bones is all.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lil' wrists are a blessing. They make your forearms look a lot bigger.

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, this thread's got me a lot less worried about my wrists. Thanks for the advice and positivity.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of heavy back work is the best way to develop impressive forearms - esp barbell bent over rows, chins, close grip underhand pulldowns and as Wheelin says, deadlifts.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd also suggest partial rack lock outs and holds. These seem to be the most taxing on my forearms. Also keep in mind these muscles get a lot of work day to day, so, like the calves, they need a lot of work to really grow.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BerzerkFury
wheelinanddealin....deadlifts hardly work the forearms at all...the weight hangs from your arms, you dont move your arms at all deadlifting, you use your legs and explode upwards, keeping your arms straight and locked at your sides
You have obviously never done deadlifts with a decent amount of weight then.

Try holding onto a bar with 400+ pounds on it for any period of time. Then come back and tell me it doesn't work your forearms.