"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Situation

solvibe

New Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Boston
This would be my first time posting, on these boards and have a situation that I’m trying to figure out now that I have come to a state of mind that’s able to function properly around others the way I want to.(genuine)
I would first like to say it is quite a relief to feel that I am in control and no longer intimidated or focused on others people’s doings rather then my own, which has actually attracted quite a few people, noticing that my desires are no longer desperate or needy. It as if I’m walking around with a girlfriend, creating a nice aura around myself.
Since then I have been trying to define my style, appearance and attuide the (modern Renaissance man). threw studying bio's and continually reading books on seduction, some of my favorites which are the art of seduction and a bio on Gabriele D'Annuzio but always checking on the boards for any breakthroughs.
If anybody’s wondering how I have achieved such peace in myself it is solely based on my own personal mental health, tapping into my subconscious and confronting my personal issues to determine how they have affected my everyday thinking and actions, I believe the mind has the power to heal all.

Now the sitituation I’m dealt with is as follows:

I commute 2 hrs to my job everyday from train to subway leaving interaction with others very open,

But when I was on the subway as an intimidated fool, I would see this woman. That I would have really liked to approach and of course couldn't at the time. We had noticed each others presence over the past few months but unable to approach or even know what to say, funny enough we actually work in the same building different company. And see each other in the caf from time to time.
But I feel know I have really over stepped the 3s rule and wouldn't even know where to begin if I was to approach her now. Thinking that maybe since I wasn't able to approach her I may have scared her off a little as an unconfident man. I have heard her talking with others so I know we are pre qualified with some of the similar beliefs. And would easllilly qualify to my needs.

Is there any hope that would be able to approach her, without seeming... well to funny due to the fact I should have approached her months ago? And every time I don't say something I still feel like a fool and regret it. What kind of advice can you give about my situation? Techniques, methods. Openeners?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
572
Reaction score
6
ice breakers

sol,

Try this:

Monday:

"Hello, I'm sol, you know I have seen you around I don't know which floor of the Sears Tower you work, but, I sure wish they would get their act together and fix the heat on the 3rd floor, because, it is always cold in my office."

Tuesday:

"Hey, did you see that car wreck right out front of our building yesterday?"

Wed.

"Hey, the auto show is going on this weekend, you going?"

Thur.

"I wish that one security guard would loose a few pounds, wow, he sure is over weight."

Fri.

"Hey, I heard they are repainting the hallways on the 4th floor. They are having meat loaf for lunch can I join you?"

my 2 cents

cave dweller
 

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
572
Reaction score
6
pants

sol,

You can't get into her pants if you are too damnnn scared to even talk to her.

One more here:

Tuesday---

"Hey, nice shoes. Where did you buy them?"

cave dweller
 

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
How about "Hey, Did I see you out with (the ugliest, fattest guy that she would know) at the trendy place last Friday?

Surely, you can play with whatever her response to that is.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
Run a search on "opening lines" and you'll find some more ideas.

Conversation skills is a topic that relevant to men of all ages, so I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum.

Moved to Don Juan Discussion.
 

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
889
Reaction score
2
Age
60
Location
Tennessee
solvibe,

You are not going to transform yourself overnight; it's going to take time and practice. And you will crash and burn many times. Sorry, but it's a fact of the process.

Practice talking to every girl you lay eyes on: mention the weather, her shoes or jewelry (chicks dig that), whatever. When you can talk to any girl with no hesitation, you should approach girls you are interested in and strike up a conversation that will eventually lead to getting her phone number.

Practice, practice, practice.

Gipper
 
Top