Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Situation with this new girl got awkward

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Two months ago I moved to a new city to start a new job.
I started going out with a group of co-workers of similar age, including this girl that I'm writing about. She is cute but not particularly hot (~7-7.5/10) but is clearly my type and we come from similar cultural backgrounds, so it was clear that there was some chemistry there. One of the first nights out, I was chatting with another guy, and she came over and asked 'what's your guys dating status?'. Given that I was the new guy that joined the social circle, I wondered if this was a sign of interest/curiosity about me. The other guy started going on a long rant about dating apps (lol) so I never got to respond. Then two weeks later, again on a night out, she asked me the same question. I playfully responded that 'I am interviewing new applications', and people laughed. All was good, we would go out as friends, get drunk/have fun etc, so I slowly started to like her. But because we worked together, I avoided making a move and just enjoyed the energy between us. She told me at times about how she broke up after a very long relationship, and was clear she is single.
This is when things started to get bad. One night we were all out with friends, and another random guy hit on her. I could tell she was into him, and was bothered a bit, but tried not to make a big deal out of this and left them to it. I admit I was bothered a bit the day after, but tried not to think about whether they hooked up or not. Then a week passed by because I was traveling. Next weekend we were at a party, and I had almost forgotten about the incident. At some point she came to me and said:
-Her: What's new with you?
-Me: All good, just pretty busy week with work. You?
-Her: Good! btw, last week I ended up going to that guy's home.
-Me: Oh really, good to hear, happy for you.
I tried to act as cool and stoic as I could when saying so. Deep inside this obviously bothered me. I honestly thing she sensed my jealousy that night, and wanted to test for my reaction. Anyway, days passed by and I tried to forget about it again and remind myself that she's free to do whatever she wants.
Then I got COVID and was sick at home for some time, during which she invited me to go for drinks and stuff, but I couldn't go out.
After I recovered she invited me to join her and some friends for drinks again, to which I joined. By that time I was 'over' what happened with the other guy. I met them at a bar, she was tipsy and in a cheerful mood. At some point, she asked me (again!) about how my dating life is going, and we started talking about this stuff.
-Her: I need a guy's opinion. Remember the guy I told you I hooped up that day?
-Me: Yes
-Her: He's been texting me again but I want to tell him I am not interested in anything more, as I like another guy.
-Me: Better tell him the truth yet, dont waste his time. Is the other guy your ex?
-Her: No, it's another guy who lives abroad. But I think I am actually polyamorous. Please dont tell anyone else this stuff. I am telling you because I feel I know you.
-Me: No worries, no judgement. I actually I think I am as well.
Perhaps to my mistake, I considered the above as flirting, and got interested again. Then we ended up at a club, which is where the worst happened.
It was her, a friend of hers, and another dude from work, who I never considered a threat. But the both of us started to subtly compete for her attention. He was more carefree than me, but I couldn't believe something was going on between them. Then the closing time came.
-Me: We are going the same way. Wanna share an Uber?
-Her: Actually, I think I am going to stay with [other guy's name].
-Me: Oh OK, I'll order one for me then.
I told them good night, got on the Uber and got back home. This was obviously a huge L, and I felt extremely angry and humiliated. tried to hide it as much as I could. She probably suspected something, because the next afternoon texted me to see 'how I was doing'. Responded briefly and did not engage much.
Ever since that incident I tried to completely withdraw my attention towards her. But I also dont want to appear as a butthurt crybaby, so I still speak to her when we are at work and see each other. But I avoid having lunches together as much as I can, going out for drinks in the same group and any other extras. Obviously my absence has been noticed, and has significantly raised her curiosity. The other day she told me 'where have you been? you disappeared!' etc. Yesterday she came to my office 'for a coffee break'. It's hard to totally dismiss her while at work, so I joined, but tried to be just cordial without too much extras. She keeps inviting me to stuff and I come up with excuses to avoid hanging out outside of work. Which makes her even more interested etc..

In one month she's (luckily) moving to another country, so I won't see her ever again. Part of my thinks I should just let her go. But another part of me wonders if I should take advantage of her raised interest and try to f*ck her. As selfish as it might sound, my ego was hurt, and I consider it unfinished business. Not sure what to do. I am actively trying to meet other girls and go on other dates in the meantime, btw. I just want to have the final word on this.

Sorry for the long rant, but I really needed to vent!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two months ago I moved to a new city to start a new job.
I started going out with a group of co-workers of similar age, including this girl that I'm writing about. She is cute but not particularly hot (~7-7.5/10) but is clearly my type and we come from similar cultural backgrounds, so it was clear that there was some chemistry there. One of the first nights out, I was chatting with another guy, and she came over and asked 'what's your guys dating status?'. Given that I was the new guy that joined the social circle, I wondered if this was a sign of interest/curiosity about me. The other guy started going on a long rant about dating apps (lol) so I never got to respond. Then two weeks later, again on a night out, she asked me the same question. I playfully responded that 'I am interviewing new applications', and people laughed. All was good, we would go out as friends, get drunk/have fun etc, so I slowly started to like her. But because we worked together, I avoided making a move and just enjoyed the energy between us. She told me at times about how she broke up after a very long relationship, and was clear she is single.
This is when things started to get bad. One night we were all out with friends, and another random guy hit on her. I could tell she was into him, and was bothered a bit, but tried not to make a big deal out of this and left them to it. I admit I was bothered a bit the day after, but tried not to think about whether they hooked up or not. Then a week passed by because I was traveling. Next weekend we were at a party, and I had almost forgotten about the incident. At some point she came to me and said:
-Her: What's new with you?
-Me: All good, just pretty busy week with work. You?
-Her: Good! btw, last week I ended up going to that guy's home.
-Me: Oh really, good to hear, happy for you.
I tried to act as cool and stoic as I could when saying so. Deep inside this obviously bothered me. I honestly thing she sensed my jealousy that night, and wanted to test for my reaction. Anyway, days passed by and I tried to forget about it again and remind myself that she's free to do whatever she wants.
Then I got COVID and was sick at home for some time, during which she invited me to go for drinks and stuff, but I couldn't go out.
After I recovered she invited me to join her and some friends for drinks again, to which I joined. By that time I was 'over' what happened with the other guy. I met them at a bar, she was tipsy and in a cheerful mood. At some point, she asked me (again!) about how my dating life is going, and we started talking about this stuff.
-Her: I need a guy's opinion. Remember the guy I told you I hooped up that day?
-Me: Yes
-Her: He's been texting me again but I want to tell him I am not interested in anything more, as I like another guy.
-Me: Better tell him the truth yet, dont waste his time. Is the other guy your ex?
-Her: No, it's another guy who lives abroad. But I think I am actually polyamorous. Please dont tell anyone else this stuff. I am telling you because I feel I know you.
-Me: No worries, no judgement. I actually I think I am as well.
Perhaps to my mistake, I considered the above as flirting, and got interested again. Then we ended up at a club, which is where the worst happened.
It was her, a friend of hers, and another dude from work, who I never considered a threat. But the both of us started to subtly compete for her attention. He was more carefree than me, but I couldn't believe something was going on between them. Then the closing time came.
-Me: We are going the same way. Wanna share an Uber?
-Her: Actually, I think I am going to stay with [other guy's name].
-Me: Oh OK, I'll order one for me then.
I told them good night, got on the Uber and got back home. This was obviously a huge L, and I felt extremely angry and humiliated. tried to hide it as much as I could. She probably suspected something, because the next afternoon texted me to see 'how I was doing'. Responded briefly and did not engage much.
Ever since that incident I tried to completely withdraw my attention towards her. But I also dont want to appear as a butthurt crybaby, so I still speak to her when we are at work and see each other. But I avoid having lunches together as much as I can, going out for drinks in the same group and any other extras. Obviously my absence has been noticed, and has significantly raised her curiosity. The other day she told me 'where have you been? you disappeared!' etc. Yesterday she came to my office 'for a coffee break'. It's hard to totally dismiss her while at work, so I joined, but tried to be just cordial without too much extras. She keeps inviting me to stuff and I come up with excuses to avoid hanging out outside of work. Which makes her even more interested etc..

In one month she's (luckily) moving to another country, so I won't see her ever again. Part of my thinks I should just let her go. But another part of me wonders if I should take advantage of her raised interest and try to f*ck her. As selfish as it might sound, my ego was hurt, and I consider it unfinished business. Not sure what to do. I am actively trying to meet other girls and go on other dates in the meantime, btw. I just want to have the final word on this.

Sorry for the long rant, but I really needed to vent!
Low interest level bro, she is taking other cawks, don't waste your time and don't put yourself in these types of situations.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Low interest level bro, she is taking other cawks, don't waste your time and don't put yourself in these types of situations.
Thanks bro, you are right, I usually try to avoid getting into these types of situations, but this time I fell for it. Maybe because I was new to this city so didn't have much abundance when I met her. Or maybe I just got carried away. Anyway, lesson learned for next time.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
She´s a *** bank, dont bang her without a condom.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're her confidante.

That's great going if you enjoy listening to her woes with copulating other guys.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're her confidante.

That's great going if you enjoy listening to her woes with copulating other guys.
I had to google the meaning of this word, but you are not wrong, I partly was...
Obviously I don't enjoy any of this, and this is not the case any more.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@coyote_astro you could have easily fuhked this girl initially. You also are a little sensitive and get too emotional about interactions. If you want the girl, go after her. If you don't then stop getting emotionally involved. You could improve your situation by thinking with your dihk a little more. Just don't get attached to these types.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What's there to say or be upset about. She clearly has no interest in you but you keep misinterpreting everything she does in your favor because you want to see her in that light.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@coyote_astro you could have easily fuhked this girl initially. You also are a little sensitive and get too emotional about interactions. If you want the girl, go after her. If you don't then stop getting emotionally involved. You could improve your situation by thinking with your dihk a little more. Just don't get attached to these types.
I think so too brother.
Originally I didn't consider making a move as she was from work etc, but it was later when we started vibing that i got interested. By which time all these things happened.
Avoiding contact with her for a while has definitely helped me see things more clearly. At this point I am going after other chicks and will only do something with her if another opportunity appears. I am at a new big city so lot's of opportunities around.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's there to say or be upset about. She clearly has no interest in you but you keep misinterpreting everything she does in your favor because you want to see her in that light.
I have definitely misinterpreted things in many occasions here. Though I am not sure she never had any interest whatsoever. I might never know for sure, but this is based on the feel I've got from our interactions. At this point it doesn't matter much.
As to what I am upset about, that night at the club felt really embarrassing. She is allowed to choose whoever she wants for sure. I just got angry and promised not to get myself into such a situation again. At the same time, If I 'confront' her about it, I will appear like a crybaby, so I am just avoiding interactions. Well, sh!t happens I guess...