"Single Women Going For Taken Men" - Why?

Pimply_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bunch of various types of friends - some who get laid all the time and some who don't.

However, my friend who hasn't been getting any lately is wondering why single women always go for taken men.

He works with a bunch of single women but they are always glued to the guy in a relationship. Can anyone explain why women do this?

Because I have been thinking that if it was true that single women go for taken men, then how would a guy ever get into a relationship int he first place?!?!?

Think about 2 people. Let's call them Joe and Pam. Joe is a single guy who works with Pam. He flirts with Pam but Pam doesn't respond. One day, Joe announces he's seeing someone and then Pam's attraction goes through the roof for Joe. But, how did the other girl who joe is seeing become interested in Joe if he was single?

You see what I'm saying? If a girl isn't willing to give a single guy a chance unless he's in a relationship, how does the single guy GET into that relationship in the first place if girls don't like single guys?

I have a close friend who has been in a relationship for 5 years and girls are always flirting with him. He tells me it's because he's in a relationship and that's why the women want him. So I asked him, "But how did you first start going out with someone 5 years ago if you were single and girls only like taken guys?" He scratched his head and said he doesn't know and that I bring up a good question.

So, for everyone out there who has seen the trend of "single girl going for taken guy," how does the single guy get the girlfriend in the first place?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
Reminds me of those companies who only hire experienced people.
This is why I've lied on every single application and resume I've ever submitted.

"Yes I'm employed, don't contact my current employer."

People want what's in demand.

Pimply_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
Reminds me of those companies who only hire experienced people.

Yeah, it's a phenomenon that makes no sense. Like women say "Oh there's a REASON he's single. He must really suck."

But, if these same women would've had that EXACT SAME ATTITUDE when they first started their relationship with a single guy, nobody would EVER be going out with anyone. Their attitude would be, "Why should I give this guy a chance? HE'S SINGLE! Nobody else wants him, why should I?"

And yet, people get in relationships somehow LMAO

What if my friend's girlfriend told him "no" 5 years ago because he was single? He wouldn't have a girlfriend right now. But, somehow, she said yes to a single guy asking her out instead of being disgusted that he was single LOL

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Alle_Gory said:
This is why I've lied on every single application and resume I've ever submitted.

That's how I ended up in tax liens-real estate. When you appear like you have more to offer, you get more.

Politicians lie all the time. I'm not calling any names.

OP, try lying and say you're in a relationship. Jealousy is a strong emotion, and guys know that they'll have girls wanting them as long as they have at least ONE girl. I remember guys who would go as far as bringing their own female cousins around them more and women suddenly see more in them!

Women know they have a high market value, so you gotta have one too. Women want what they can't have. If you're available, you won't get a lot.

Dating is a lot harder for a normal guy than for a normal girl. The normal guy has to be above and beyond and sometimes getting with a girl requires a Harvard Medical School entrance exam.

Pimply_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
That's how I ended up in tax liens-real estate. When you appear like you have more to offer, you get more.

Politicians lie all the time. I'm not calling any names.

OP, try lying and say you're in a relationship. Jealousy is a strong emotion, and guys know that they'll have girls wanting them as long as they have at least ONE girl. Women know they have a high market value, so you gotta have one too. Women want what they can't have. If you're available, you won't get a lot.

I've had my fair share of sex, I'm just not interested in pursuing a relationship at this point in my life. However, I have a friend who doesn't get any, but he's still a cool person to hang with. I don't care how much sex he gets. But, he seems down about it a lot.

He tried lying about being in a relationship, but with this being the "age of facebook," the girls asked him her name to pull her up on facebook and see if he was telling the truth.

It's not as easy to lie as it used to be. Like I said, I don't "care" that my friend isn't getting any. He's still cool. He's just becoming more and more "boring" to hang out with lately because he's so down.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eh you know females..if he has a girl then there must be something about him that a girl is suppose to like or they think they could make him leave his girl for them

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pre selection wins every time. I used to kick it with this hot little southern redhead who would by all my drinks for me and call me Big Daddy. By the end of the night every girl in there would try to be her friend to get to know me. It was amazing how well it works.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Go get in the gym, get a good paying job, and learn how to smile and talk half decent and none of this will matter.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:

You live in the states? Can't they check that though through your social security or something? So you're telling me there's no way they can find out if you are actually lying or not?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
You live in the states? Can't they check that though through your social security or something? So you're telling me there's no way they can find out if you are actually lying or not?
They usually don't give a f*ck to check.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women want the "taken men" simply for the challenge.
Am I good enough to make this guy dump his girl, make him believe I'll be with him and then eventually dump him for an asinine reason or a guy better than him.

If they TRULY cared about the fact that they were taken, they wouldn't be trying or letting themselves getting involved.

A woman who is willing to steer you away from your current LTR, FULLY knowing that you are in an LTR and have been so for quite a while, is a giant red flag on heels. It's no surprise that men will soon find themselves developing "Greener Grass" syndrome only to hop over the fence and find that the garden is full of weeds.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimply_Pimp said:
He works with a bunch of single women

Maybe this is his problem. I.e he is absorbing the female world, being emasculated possibly, it's nice if you want to be a womans friend but totally shi*e if you want to fcuk them.

I suggest you point your friend to this forum.

As for women dating men in relationships.

I've always said the biggest enemy of woman is not a 'man' it is another woman and women know this.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously because not all girls go for guys with girlfriends. :yawn:
Obviously because the taken guy is awesome and the single guy sucks. :yawn:

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggesting your involved with other girls is the best way to go, but saying 'im in a relationship' is not always an immediate win card.

Iv lost girls by admitting that i have a girlfriend. If she's sober, virgin and not crazy about you it can work against. Likewise, saying 'yes im single and desperate' is not doing anybody favours.

Leaving the door open is beneficial in many ways.

LegendaryGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't need to be in a ltr or dating to get the girls to go after you but you need to be "around" or "Friends" with women.

(random names)
Example: Joe goes in a bar alone, looks clean crisp and nice. He will be able to meet women if he aggressively runs some game, but he'd have to properly open/close etc.

Example 2: Joe goes in a bar with kelly and jennifer. As soon as Joe is relaxing drinkin/laughin with the two girls. other girls will notice and a few may even approach. He can also get assistance from the girls as wingwomen. He is super desirable because he's with hot women. WHo is this guy? the girls will wonder.

In the ltr im in she is jealous 24/7 and so are other women. COnstantly trying to compete. it is funny. All girls have 1 button you can push. 1 guaranteed button for most women. And that button is chilling with a hot girl. that will mental f8Ck any gf. and if your girl is down and just is cool, then u should marry her asap

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He works with a bunch of single women but they are always glued to the guy in a relationship. Can anyone explain why women do this?
There's a simpler element at work here aside from preselection. The more attractive males will get snapped up early. But even though they are taken, they are still "the more attractive males". So girls will still be attracted to them.

It's like the more attractive girls. They probably have boyfriends but they will still have guys buzzing around them and hitting on them. Why? Because they're the most attractive girls.

Remember what they say: Attraction is not a choice. People will be drawn to the most attractive members of the opposite sex (and you can define attractive however you like), whether they are taken or not.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
There's a simpler element at work here aside from preselection. The more attractive males will get snapped up early. But even though they are taken, they are still "the more attractive males". So girls will still be attracted to them.

It's like the more attractive girls. They probably have boyfriends but they will still have guys buzzing around them and hitting on them. Why? Because they're the most attractive girls.

Remember what they say: Attraction is not a choice. People will be drawn to the most attractive members of the opposite sex (and you can define attractive however you like), whether they are taken or not.
Preselection is what contributes to making the guys attractive, you missed the main point here.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Most women want the "taken men" simply for the challenge.
Am I good enough to make this guy dump his girl, make him believe I'll be with him and then eventually dump him for an asinine reason or a guy better than him.

If they TRULY cared about the fact that they were taken, they wouldn't be trying or letting themselves getting involved.

A woman who is willing to steer you away from your current LTR, FULLY knowing that you are in an LTR and have been so for quite a while, is a giant red flag on heels. It's no surprise that men will soon find themselves developing
"Greener Grass" syndrome only to hop over the fence and find that the garden is full of weeds
Lol! I agree with Kailex, and yet when a man admits to cheating on his girl friend these same type of women will be up in arms as to him being a cheat.