Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Single motherhood is the norm in Russia

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the rates of divorce in Russia are even higher than the USA. It is upwards of 70%. The rates of single motherhood is 1/3 of Russian families. It has been this way for atleast 4 generations.

Russia is a paradox. They are not a feminist society yet they are plagued by the single motherhood rates that we often attribute to feminism. Russia on the surface looks like a macho patriarchal society yet it is statistically matriarchal. Most people have mother and grand mother in the home.

Maybe feminism is not the cause of highly divorce rates and single mothers? I am confused. I need my Easter European bros to help out.
Divorce is directly linked to financial decay. When the money is toxic, you can't have good relationships. It puts on too much stress and strain.

Fix the money, fix the family.

Buy Bitcoin. :)

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, I'd say things over here are more or less the same as in the US. The "stern and masculine nature of Russian guys" must be some sort of a stereotype and I'm really puzzled where it comes from. And yes, if a husband goes in court against his wife, she almost always keeps the child as the result. There are also many women at administrative positions, in politics etc. and boys are always taught to be courteous to girls (at least in my time we were). As per divorces, only one of my friends got divorced recently and it was initiated by his wife. He's very baffled why she did that.
Wait you are from Russia? This is interesting. I think the stern masculine stereotype comes from Cold War era movies. The enemy was shown as stoic and scary. It is also perpetuated from watching combat sports. Russia and Brazil seem to have a disproportionate amount of fighters ( Fedor, Khabib, Yan, Alexander Karrelin etc).

Bro I didnt know that Russia was that progressive. Then why did Putin send people to beat the ***** Riots band girls that one time if Russia is such a feminist nation? Thanks for your reply btw

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spent time in Russia, so I know a little about the culture there. Russian culture has declined in many ways, just like the west has with feminism. If I remember correctly, unlike the west where most divorces are initiated by women, in Russia I believe they are mostly initiated by men, or it is equal, I don't remember exactly.
Interesting. Did you find the women more friendly there? And how did the men act towards the women?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s like, why did Germany invade Poland? Well polish communists would cross the border and kill German farmers and nail their children to the side of the barns. Germany warned them several times but the polish government ignored them.
Didn‘t Germany invade Poland to regain lost territory from WW1 and give living space (“Lebensarum”) to the German people?

Q-dam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's a stereotype as it has probably more to do with what age and generation they're from.
Isn't it the same with American men then?
Many men start to understand women's nature as they get older I guess. Plus men from older generations are used to deal with women in a more "masculine" way maybe. But still, in many cases men who look brutal on the outside are total pushovers when it comes to women.
But unlike the US, the laws in Russia are setup where guys can manipulate or hide their income easily to avoid or minimize child support.
Can't say anything about this one, I haven't studied the case good enough.
Wait you are from Russia? This is interesting. I think the stern masculine stereotype comes from Cold War era movies. The enemy was shown as stoic and scary. It is also perpetuated from watching combat sports. Russia and Brazil seem to have a disproportionate amount of fighters ( Fedor, Khabib, Yan, Alexander Karrelin etc).

Bro I didnt know that Russia was that progressive. Then why did Putin send people to beat the ***** Riots band girls that one time if Russia is such a feminist nation? Thanks for your reply btw
Cheers man, yeah I'm Russian.
I always remember the training footage scene in Rocky IV and the way they show Ivan Drago and the USSR :D It does look hardcore but as you say, it's rather a movie stereotype.
Regarding combat sports - isn't it the same in the USA? There must be lots of fighters, maybe not all of them manage to win tournaments but it's just a matter of fighting techniques since it's the sport of records.
Progressive... To some extent. I'd never call Russia feminist, on the contrary it seems most people hate feminists. Sometimes, women can't get a job if a man is required in this position (and vice versa) but it's a very obvious case. Other than that women are not repressed because they are women, they can do whatever they want. Corruption is common when it comes to state-paid jobs as well, you can see an 18-year old girl being a deputy (maybe not exactly what they call it in Russia but you get the idea) if her father is the head of a district administration (there was a real case like that recently). And of course no woman would get a position if there is a son/friend/friend's son of a well-connected man/woman.
Pvssy Riot went to jail because they touched a political matter, not because they were singing/performing about feminism. In this case, there is no difference if they are men or women. And they weren't beaten if I remember correctly, they just were arrested and eventually sent to jail which was still awful.

Q-dam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to convert to Hinduism? I heard something Indian women rejecting feminism in how they dress and act. Saying they dress like that because they want to. And they are proudly feminine women who support their men and families. Basically telling Karen that they like things how they are.
I've got a friend from India who is constantly complaining about Indian feminists :D

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they are not submissive , they are mega annoying :)
perhaps we have different experiences, theyve been the most feminine I have met.

infact it was probably the best experience of my life, the way one used to flirt with me,

felt like i was Tarzan when I got her on her knees

Q-dam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theyre also submissive and adore men, unlike our macho man randy savage women
There is a certain quite big category of women here who get wet the moment they hear you are a foreigner and are ready to do anything you want. There was a real shytstorm when Russia hosted FIFA World Cup in 2018, everyone was discussing it. Don't know if it's true for all Eastern Europe but it's always been a well-known fact in Russia. Lots of it has to do with their wish to emigrate but it's an oversimplification in my opinion.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have studied Soviet history, which is fascinating because the USSR was possibly the largest social experiment in human history. Stalin played a relatively trivial role in the Russian Revolution and only rose to power about a decade later. You are correct, however, in that in the early days, communists were trying to use feminism in an effort to change existing social structures. However, it was not feminism in the sense that we think of it today and it was not done to benefit women. The primary goal of Soviet feminism was to put women to work, as there was a shortage of labour in the Soviet Union. Women in Russia did not have to fight for employment opportunities. They were told that they were going to work, whether they wanted to or not. Being a housewife was not an option in the USSR, as it was actually against the law for both men and women to be unemployed. The Soviet government also seriously considered abolishing marriage and nuclear family in the 1920's, as they figured that it would make the population easier to control and indoctrinate into the communist ideology. Ultimately, they decided against it as they figured that it would be too difficult to achieve.

Stalin was actually a supporter of strong families and reversed many earlier Soviet policies. He banned abortions and made it more difficult to divorce. Under Stalin, divorcees were publican shamed - they were forced to appear in public court and their names were published in the local newspaper.
Agreed, the easiest way to increase economic production is to simply get more folks in the work force. The USSR had a great run in the '30s while capitalist economies were in a tailspin that required WW2 to get out of (I'll consider Nazi Germany's pre-WW2 rearming to be WW2 for this discussion).

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers man, yeah I'm Russian.
I always remember the training footage scene in Rocky IV and the way they show Ivan Drago and the USSR :D
The actor who played Gorbachov was a real lookalike.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding combat sports - isn't it the same in the USA? There must be lots of fighters, maybe not all of them manage to win tournaments but it's just a matter of fighting techniques since it's the sport of records.
Only Russia has a slapping competition. :eek:

If the video doesn't play, just go to YouTube and use the video ID "Hdp3UkLAfe8".

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. Did you find the women more friendly there? And how did the men act towards the women?
I would not say that the women in Russia are more friendly. I think the relations are more traditional.