"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Single for 3 years

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
Me and my EX broke up over 3 years ago and she was pregnant for me. I stayed single for 3 years after the breakup so I can concentrate on spending time with my baby girl and working to pay my child support. I am ready to find romance again so I start haning out of the house more. I am not the type of guy who likes to mess with more than 1 girl at a time. I want to find a LTR. So I met this one girl and was getting to know her, next thing you know I met another and another, before I knew it I had 4 girls intersted in me at one time. Well this one girl really got my attention more than the others so I strayed away fromthe other 3 and started just hanging with her. We had a lot in common and hit it off really good from the start. She has an 18 month old Son and I have a 3 year old Daughter. We would go out on dates sometimes me and her and sometimes with our kids. She told me that she never met a guy like me and that she liked the fact that I wasn't just into her but showed her Son attention as well, all the other guys only wanted sex from her.

Now here is the problem.

The father of her child was no good. He lied and cheated on her, used her for sex. Didn't help her with his son as far as child support or being you know a Father to his child. So in November last year she decided she was gonna make a bright future for her and her Son. She joined the Army. She will be going to boot camp in June for 4 months and return to get her Son and move away from here with her Son. When I met her early March she told me about going to the Army and didn't really wanna get involved with anyone. But the more we hung out and talked we became attatched to eachother and really enjoyed eachothers company a lot. About 2 months into going on dates and hanging out we had a talk and I asked her about the situation. We both agreed that there would be no longdistance relationship. I suggested we should back off eachother cause it will only make it harder when she left but she didn't want this to end at all. I was really starting to fall for her, I enjoyed all the good times we had together, for once in a long time I was happy again and also didn't want it to end, but I knew that day would come, soon too. I never once tried to have sex with her cause I knew she was leaving and didn't wanna add extra heartache into this situation. My feelings for her was getting stronger and stronger and I couldn't help it. 2 weeks before she left I took her to Blue Bayou Water Park in Baton Rouge. We had the greatest time there. Time was getting short and here I was with this amazing girl that could definatly be LTR material only to know in my mind it was all about to end. The last 4 days before she left we spent it together. Friday I went to her house and hung out, Saturday she invited me to go to her "Going Away Party" at her Grandmother's house and meet her whole family. Sunday she invited me to a Dance Recital which was awesome I have never been to one, and Monday the last time we were together we just hung out at her house. Now she is gone, she left Tuesday @ 10:00 AM. I am missing her a lot. I don't plan on sitting here waiting for her to come back cause I don't know what she will do after her 4 years of the Army. But at the same time I have really fallen for this girl. I am ready for a LTR. She was saying that she might be stationed @ Fort Polk which is an hour or so away from here and would come down every other weekend to see her family and would contact me. Like I said I am not the type of guy to mess with more than one girl at a time. Should I stay away from other girls and just hope that she doesn't find someone else and would come down everyother weekend? I am confused I dunno what to do, what would some of you guys do in this situation?

Sorry for the long story but I just had to get it out.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Seems like the both of you are very mature/open communicative adults. The thing about being a single parent is, if you're going to date..the best person to date would be another person who is a single parent. Pretty much both of you agreed that long distance might not work out - wait/send msgs for her but keep your options open.
 

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
The thing is life is passing me by fast. She does plan on writing me and calling me and said she wouldn't forget about me, but who is to say she wont find someone else, 4 years is a long time. I like her enough to wait and mabye see her everyother weekend and all that but nothing is certain 100%. I hate this situation.
 

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
2
Location
Out There
bahhhhhhhhh move on my friend theres lots of good females out there i am sure you can find the right one for you ..... 4 years is a long time dont get your self strang out on some girl that you dont even see real future with... life is too short to be wasted.... and never settle for less.... ofcourse you can give her couple of month and see where it taeks you but that not the best option either...
i cant really tell you what to do. do what you feel is right... afterall we all learn on our mistakes... well most of us do anyway

peace
 
Top