Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sick of being a manufacturing supervisor, getting it from both the bottom and the top, and the managers are almost always exclusively idiots.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess my topic gives most of it.

Anyone else feel constantly being stress about work may also be hindering you?

My job can be very stressful. Dealing with **** from both employees, and inept management which is pretty much every factory I've been in. The dumbest people in the building have "manager" attached to their title.

But I'm sick of it.

Serenity

Reaction score
I work at a factory. A couple years ago management asked me whether I aspired to become a supervisor. I immediately replied I have zero interest in that. The manager was surprisingly positive, stating it was very common for the most competent people to want to progress to supervisor, meaning they're losing competent people to do the actual job.

I don't want the position exactly for the reasons you mention, besides, the pay isn't really much better. It would just be doing more of what I hate, less of what I like, way more limited opportunity to take time off and more responsibility.

It's a bad deal. In my eyes it's not a step up, it's just the same with different work responsibilities which doesn't suit me.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called Middle Management Hell and you are not alone.

If you never start climbing, you never have to face your limitations, in the past you could just brute force your way through qualification with experience but in the age of legal liability and HR, there are hard stops your going to hit and most people feel if they are going to hit one of those hard stops early on that climbing is useless, exactly for the reasons you've described here because you'll be caught in the middle without anywhere to go.

If your going to start climbing, your gonna want to accept the reality that you'll need to attain further education in order to continue climbing or be a 1%er but they rarely get stuck in MMH, they just don't stop climbing, my sister was like that, climbed all the way to the top and quit after burn out 2 years after reaching her highest spot, basically a rung below VP. She quit at 36.

Burn out is a very common trope in MMH though, just need to manage it as you can.