"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Shy. No, not me!

Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
City of Angeles
Okay now,

I searched around the forums and couldn't find anything about this kind of situation.

Here's the flap, she is real shy and very polite, and i'm no slouch myself. We are both officers in a rather new college club, so it is almost reliable that we will meet consistantly for a deal of time. This eliminates any form of a deadline. According to me (which isn't a very credible source), this should be a different case. Is there anything I should take into consideration because of this? Almost everything i've seen here deals with the scenerio where the guy is shy.

It is probably good to note that I have never had a gf before and my experience on anything relating to this stuff comes from numberous failed attemps (hey, at least I tried) and what I have read on here. My failed attemps ended about two years ago and since then, i've had excellent success just treating them all like normal classmates without any other kind of thoughts in mind. So I don't have any shakes or shivers about talking to women. But jeeze, I just have to chance this one and I want to make sure I get good advice about it. Maybe Mr. 0-99 might go 1-100 :D .
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Just say hey to her occassionally, be brief. See her again another time say hey, bring up something you talked about last time and ask how thats going. Do that until she can breath around you and then ask her out.

-Grey Fox
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
City of Angeles
You know, now that i've read that, it's freakin' obvious. A bit long witted; but heck, i've got nowhere to go in the near future.
Tanks.

If anyone wanted to add more, that'd be great.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
private message me on all u need to know about the shy girl.......I'm learning a lot from one b/c im in the process of getting with her
 

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
Originally posted by Wiesman44
private message me on all u need to know about the shy girl.......I'm learning a lot from one b/c im in the process of getting with her
Why private message? Just post it all here on the board so everyone can learn from it.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
I'm having trouble understanding your message (probably because English isn't my first language), but I agree with Grey Fox. Take it slow and easy, and don't rush things. It should work out fine if you don't screw up or offend her.
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
City of Angeles
Wiesman44:
I decided to post, since I am taking it slowly (time is not of the essence here) I there really aren't any pressing questions at the moment. If you don't mind, perhaps you could post your experiences here and the rest of us can chime on in.

Well, heck. There is something I can see being a problem. During our last meeting, I found it a bit difficult to keep a conversation going. I've read all the stuff about nodding and exploring what she is talking about; but even still it eventually died off. Rather than trying to keep on shooting the bull without really knowing how, I decided to let it go. How did you keep her in the conversation?
 
Top