Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should you trust other guys when they insinuate that some girl is interested in you?

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I was at work today and one of the guys I work with told me that he and a few other co-workers (mostly girls) went out last night and they wanted to call me but no one had my number (one of the girls it, but maybe no one asked her). Later on he walks by and says one girl in particular was asking to invite me (Jess). I didn't think much of it since she's friendly. Right before I left he passes by me again and under his breath says that Jess broke up with her bf so he thinks that's why she was asking about me. I'm not sure to trust this info because he does like to mess with ppl. Would you guys trust info like this coming from a random co-worker?

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt and a mountain of caution. I'm speaking from experience.

Usually when some random guy or acquaintance is trying to hook you up with a chic or, at least, tries to steer you into the direction of a girl, it's either because he thinks you're going to fail or he's trying to c-block you by subtly illustrating to the female that you lack the masculinity to confront her without his help, thus making you the beta male of the two.

Approach this chic naturally, without giving her any indication that you're doing so at this other guy's urging or behest.

#1Svedwyn

Banned
Reaction score
Come on man, thiz iz such stewpid question. Why you dont just talk to this girl and you will know a truth. . . HEY! Why you want approval from these stepid americans anyway for reason that nobody cares if you have to ask you dont deserve answer cuz its soooostewpid, but HEY! I am me. :cool:

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Read my sig and apply it.

If you want to go for a girl, grab your goddamn balls and just do it like Nike! Take the damn initiative. That's my ruling.

Case closed. Court is adjourned.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for answering the question AmIAFC. To the others, I may still go for her, I just want to be cautious because this seems out of character for this guy. Unfortunately I don't work with this girl much, I doubt I'll even see her this week. So I was thinking of looking her up on facebook and shooting her a msg like "here's my number for next time you want to party with me".

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whenever people tell me i usually trust them, and i consider this one of the HUGEST IOI's ever because it will turn out that the girl will be less resistant and will even try to f-close you... just speaking from past experiences. but when people are hinting to aspire to it, then it's a no go. . it's just something they want to see happen and it's actually kind of demeaning because it's not real it's a way to convey value for themselves.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"by their fruits you will know them" You said he likes to mess with people,then you want to know if you should trust him? See if the GIRL is more friendly than she used to be.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
xdreamz said:
whenever people tell me i usually trust them, and i consider this one of the HUGEST IOI's ever because it will turn out that the girl will be less resistant and will even try to f-close you... just speaking from past experiences. but when people are hinting to aspire to it, then it's a no go. . it's just something they want to see happen and it's actually kind of demeaning because it's not real it's a way to convey value for themselves.
sorry, don't understand what you meant by this.

sodbuster: yeah, I think I'll see if she starts acting different around me. I haven't noticed anything yet, but I don't get to hang around her much. She does go out partying with ppl from work but I'm not usually invited (or ever invited).

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is he in a relationship ? Ive had a few friends that when their taken, they will push all the girls they run into on to another of their friends. Sometimes its because the girl has some weird issue that makes it halarious to watch a friend interact with them.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cablecow15 said:
Is he in a relationship ? Ive had a few friends that when their taken, they will push all the girls they run into on to another of their friends. Sometimes its because the girl has some weird issue that makes it halarious to watch a friend interact with them.
beats me if he has a girl. I don't know the guy really well. I know he does stuff with girls, just don't know if he's in a relationship. But he's the type of guy that will go after every girl in sight, so not sure why he's not going for her. Anyway, it was just a passing comment, like "you know she broke up with her bf, so maybe that's why she was asking about you last night".

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lay low, then strike (the girl) when all is forgotten...let no indication that you even notice the girl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
Read my sig and apply it. .
The part about Pokemon? Because honestly, I'd take any advice couched in the form of an analogy to japanimation with a huge grain of salt.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#41 said:
The part about Pokemon? Because honestly, I'd take any advice couched in the form of an analogy to japanimation with a huge grain of salt.
there's a lot of geeks on this forum. Think it was a week or 2 ago I say some ppl discussing some anime show. Something like "What? ____ is dead?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!". Sad, lol.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
#41 said:
Most advice on this damn forum can be taken with a grain of salt. Look at life your way. Whatever works for you.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you take everything people tell you so seriously?
How the hell are we suposed to know if the guy was serious or not. The questions you should be asking should be concerned with how to get the girl. like nismo said, grow some balls and go after her. It doesn't matter what your coworker said

todays_news

Don Juan
Reaction score
How well do you know Jess? Have you spoken to her before?

Surely if you speak to her, subtly game her then it will become obvious quite quickly.

However...

Right before I left he passes by me again and under his breath says that Jess broke up with her bf so he thinks that's why she was asking about me.
Dont get burned.

In addition...

I'm not sure to trust this info because he does like to mess with ppl. Would you guys trust info like this coming from a random co-worker?
I'd certainly be trusting my gut, and not the guy talking to me particularly becuase of what is underlined above. But hey, the worst thing that can happen is that you test the water, and it doesnt happen.

NO MA'AM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scion,

If you are interested in this particular girl, and not just because she may be interested in you, especially based on the comments of another person, try to ascertain her relationship status and if she is not in a relationship, approach her on your own terms and at your convenience.

Years ago in high school, in my AFC days, I was interested in a girl and sought out a former male friend to determine her status. He told me two days later she was seeing someone, but knew a single girl I should get to know. He introduced me to this girl who wore purple lipstick, had jet black hair, and a humped back. This was the 1990s and her makeup was straight 1950s. That girl kept obsessively pursuing me the rest of the school year.

The moral of this story: Only trust males whose intentions you truly understand.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO MA'AM said:
Scion,

If you are interested in this particular girl, and not just because she may be interested in you, especially based on the comments of another person, try to ascertain her relationship status and if she is not in a relationship, approach her on your own terms and at your convenience.

Years ago in high school, in my AFC days, I was interested in a girl and sought out a former male friend to determine her status. He told me two days later she was seeing someone, but knew a single girl I should get to know. He introduced me to this girl who wore purple lipstick, had jet black hair, and a humped back. This was the 1990s and her makeup was straight 1950s. That girl kept obsessively pursuing me the rest of the school year.

The moral of this story: Only trust males whose intentions you truly understand.
turns out she is single now. I wouldn't say that I'm really into her. I do find her attractive and I do flirt with her, but the only reason I'd really make a move on her is for practice and the fact that I don't have any other options (so I'd like to create some). She's not LTR material (not gonna get into why, it just wouldn't work out). But only problem I see is that I never work with her (maybe once every 2 weeks). She does go out partying with ppl from work, however they never invite me (unless I find out about it and just tag along).

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes you should trust guys who tell you a girl is interested in you. I've met a few girls, whom I ended up sleeping with, because I heard they thought I was cute. I was actually friends with the guys who told me, though.

I only remember ever telling one other guy that a girl was into him, and he reacted strangely: "Don't tell me that..." At the time, I thought he just wasn't into her, but maybe he didn't actually believe me.

Regardless, if you care about your work reputation at all, don't do anything!! If you don't, just ask her out... Actually, the confidence from knowing a girl is into you really helps you game her, so I think you should go to the guy who told you. Just talk about it some more with him, until you get a feel for whether he's messing with you or trying to hook you up.

Even if she's into you, play it safe, since it's the workplace.