Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should Men Shave Ther Legs?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should men shave their legs for any reason outside of a medical reason?

I often see guys usually with women who are wearing shorts with smooth legs that look shaved. I was surprised the other day to see this muscular powerlifter type that had smooth legs and looked shaved and to me this looks a bit to feminine. Now the 2 ladies I see now and then agreed with me but I wondered if they were just agreeing just to agree to avoid a debate..I just wonder if these women these guys were with have girly them a bit.

I am sure some men just don't have hairy legs like some men can't grow whiskers but this was obvious that they were shaved they were real shinny like waxed shinny and to me thats to dam girly and not manly bro.

Now I don't have extremely hairy legs but theres hair on them and I don't plan to shave them ever nor do I feel I need too when I wear my shorts.

This question isn't to offend those who do but I guess I am just old school and wonder what other men think not so much what women think we should do as men.

LoneSilver

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.
If you have naturally hairless legs its one thing(although kinda odd),it looks natural. But shaving them makes it look nasty when it grows out even a little bit.

Look at women's legs when they havent shaved for a few days, looks disgusting. Best bet would be just to let it be as is. One of advantages of being a guy is that we dont have to spend numerous hours a week shaving every part of our body.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree..it surprises me seeing these guys who no doubt are doing this it makes me wonder..

LoneSilver

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay i will try my best to address this issue. first of all, why do u give a **** if they shave their legs or not? its not ur body nor ur decision. and if u want to base a man on what hair he shaves or not then u have ur own insecurities.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it before to see what it looks like as I shaved the rest of my body when I was big into lifting. Body for Life and other books recommend it for their competitors.

I let it grow back and was too embarrassed to show my legs, they did look a bit too feminine.

If I got big into cycling or something I might consider doing it, but just for bodybuilding I won't unless I go compete which I dont have interest in so much anymore.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question was, should men shave their legs? So your opinion jlr12584 is yes. I have made note..and will seek professional help for my insecurities:crazy:

As far as bodybuilding and other sports that call for it sure.. I can see it as it helps defind the muscles while in a competitive competition and other means depending on the sport..

Seeing random men though with shinny shaved legs I have to question their masculinity they are becoming a bit soft or these men are transforming themselves into becoming metro.

Again didn't start the thread to offend those who do but just wondered as I see more and more men it seems doing this shaving legs stuff and wonder are they doing it for themselves becoming metro or for the woman in their lives? As for me I'll stick to not shaving mine.

LoneSilver

jlr12584 said:
okay i will try my best to address this issue. first of all, why do u give a **** if they shave their legs or not? its not ur body nor ur decision. and if u want to base a man on what hair he shaves or not then u have ur own insecurities.

supa hahahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, who gives me a right to decide if you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT shave your legs?

who gives me a right to decide if you're gay if you do, or not?

who gives me a right to judge you? nigga

Answer to your question nigga is that you should shave them if you want to. No if you don't want to. And you should never pass a judgment on anyone.

I don't shave my legs, because shaving them is a lot of maintenance. There is a problem with ingrown hair, etc. But if my legs are hairless I think they kind of look sexy, both for men and women.

total love and oneness, get used to it nigga

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the things I like about this forum is the different view points you get from different posters...

So basically your post is saying everyone should do what ever floats their boat and no one has a right to judge them... sorta a anything goes sort of thing if I get your drift ...

Now whose a nigga here? I might have Black Dutch in my blood but I ain't no nigga..;)

LoneSilver

supa hahahaha said:
hey, who gives me a right to decide if you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT shave your legs?

who gives me a right to decide if you're gay if you do, or not?

who gives me a right to judge you? nigga

Answer to your question nigga is that you should shave them if you want to. No if you don't want to. And you should never pass a judgment on anyone.

I don't shave my legs, because shaving them is a lot of maintenance. There is a problem with ingrown hair, etc. But if my legs are hairless I think they kind of look sexy, both for men and women.

total love and oneness, get used to it nigga

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So many people are avoiding the question...

As for me, my opinion is that unless a dude is a competitive swimmer, extremely competitive cyclist or BBer, or has sasquatch-like hair growth, that shaving your legs is rather pathetic...

And to the guys essentially saying "Mind your own business", it's rather hard as a human with a mind to not form an opinion of something.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly BluEyes exactly and very well said...And I would take it the majority of other men would agree and women too to what you wrote...

LoneSilver

BluEyes said:
So many people are avoiding the question...

As for me, my opinion is that unless a dude is a competitive swimmer, extremely competitive cyclist or BBer, or has sasquatch-like hair growth, that shaving your legs is rather pathetic...

And to the guys essentially saying "Mind your own business", it's rather hard as a human with a mind to not form an opinion of something.

supa hahahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:

I absolutely agree with you. But at the bottom of this pit lies such concepts like tolerance and acceptance, which are not foreign to DJs, but are rather a next logical step we take as we mature.

My point is simple. When you need an opinion on whether you should or should not do something, it means you need someone to tell you what to do. You're a follower. Which is absolutely not what we stand for. Thus my stand on this, if you want to shave your legs, do it, it's cool. If you don't want to shave your legs, don't, it's cool.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if your father started wearing lipstick and going to work in high heels, you would think that that's perfectly normal and that he's a leader instead of one of those "followers"?

You wouldn't think that it's strange behavior for a man to start doing these things? Or am I insecure for having an opinion of these actions?

--

Even if I were to start shaving my legs, first I would not ask if it's 'okay', but I would ask myself "Why am I doing this?"

LoneSilver is asking WHY guys--whether they do or not--shave their legs.

--

I understand women who do it because their hair doesn't grow back nearly as fast as ours does, and its rarely as dark or thick as ours either.

jlr12584

Don Juan
Reaction score
my point is exactly that you should do what u feel like is right for you. and i dont shave my legs, nor do i care to. but i dont go around thinking hey that guy is feminine for shaving his... let the woman around his arm speak for itself. i just think its sad guys have to try to prove their masculinity to others. a real man does what he wants and doesnt care what other people think for it.

p.s. i see all these threads popping up "does a dj tan", "does a dj shave his legs", "does a dj shave his balls". i mean seriously, the essence of being a don juan isnt having the follower mindset. a don juan paves his own way through life and lives according to his beliefs.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll just say if a guy is in some particular sport that requires him to shave then thats as cool as it gets but my gut feeling is if I see a dude with a woman and he's just your average blow then he's nothing more a AFC..I mean I see people and guys all the time some guys never wear shorts because they have a belief that a guy wearing shorts is gay or to feminine but I would like that same guy to tell that to my face just for wearing shorts..

I guess the whole point is where do we draw a line where we as men that is exceptable behavior..It seems like in the past decade masculinity has been turned upside down and it's become a unisex society..If you go to a Mall you find unisex colognes. I don't want to wear a cologne that a woman is wearing just to be cool about it... I want ONLY MEN colognes and thats normal and manly and there is no insecurity in my bones for that belief....

I don't feel a need anytime soon to start wearing feminine products just because a cross dresser is doing it and he's a man:crazy: ..do ya get my drift here it almost sounds like a teen age boy or girl but Mom, Dad Johnny's doing it..whatever:crazy: and shaving legs for a random guy not involved in any type sport just isn't a manly thing to do and thats my talking point for this thread.

I do believe those whose view point that are in concert with mine understand my drift but the others even though I respect it I find it a bit wierd as becoming a man not so much a name of a DJ is concerned.

For if this is what a DJ is all about then I am afraid a DJ has taken a turn for the worst and I'll just be content with being my own man without a label being attached.

LoneSilver

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i prefer to be the only one in bed with smooth legs !!

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a cyclist and I shave my legs. You'll hear a lot of BS about how it's more aerodynamic or whatever, but the truth of the matter is that it just looks better and more intimidating to the competition if you're in really good shape. It may or may not be the same for other sports.

In my non-cycling life, I don't personally give a **** if my legs are shaved or hairy, and neither does my girlfriend. However, from personal experience, she is in the minority of girls on this matter.

As for upkeep, it's just a b!tch. I'm past the point of rashes and ingrown hairs fortunately, but I still have to force myself to shave once or twice a week. I agree with the people that say that unless you have a very good reason for doing this (sports, etc.) then don't waste your time.

It's also hard to judge how high up you need to go :p

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oddly, I have quite hairy legs and my dad's legs are naturally almost hairless. I like having hairly legs, more masculine.