"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Should I?

Madcat

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
I wanted an opinion on what you guys think is ok to ask that wont cause problems. I wanted to know if you guys think its ok to ask your gf of a month if shes a virgin or had sex or whatever way you want to word it. Im curious because things are happening a little fast and dont want to possibly cause problems by not knowing. If you dont think its wrong then what way should i bring it up to her that wont offend or anything?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Osiris7250

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Age
38
unless she is a psycho she wont be bothered that much by it. Most guys do ask what their girls have done before, dont sweat it just ask her straight foreward, "so whats the furthest you been with a guy?" or however you want to word it.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Typically, it's something that you don't want to know. You'll just start imagining her with other guys and that'll screw up whatever you have going. But if you're really curious, you need to be comfortable with her enough to ask her that sort of thing.
 

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
347
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Location
Somewhere in Europe
I always assume they aren't virgin, and when talking about sex I'll always say something like "but there's no point in talking about this... you obviously know from experience everything about that!" -- get punched, though.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
Wow... that always comes up on my first few dates... hmmmm
 
Top