Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I say something about my dirty fingernails?

AbaGanov

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cold approach this cute girl tonight, we sat and talked for a while and exchange contact info. before I left the house to the cafe that I saw her I was doing some gardening work around my house and my fingernails even though they are trimmed short got those black marks at this tips of them which looks pretty nasty and are very hard to remove, so they had that nasty look while we chatted.. I should have acknowledged that while we met and tell her why they are like that in some playful matter but I forget about that and only remembered about it now when I got back home.

I know that dirty fingernails can be a huge turnoff to girls (As it should, It is for me as well) and I wonder if she noticed it or not, I would guess probably she did

Now I am going to txt her to hangout in a day or two, but should I also mention something at the txt about those dirty fingernails in some way?

Maybe telling her: "Hey I am doing gardening work today around my house (and btw that's why my fingernails were dirty when we met, they are not usually like that ) but let's hang out later tonight"

something like that

or would that just going to make things awkward?

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the above. You could also say you were in a cake fight.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Or simply just mention in passing how much you enjoy gardening - make it a metaphor of some sort that will appeal to her as well. Working with your hands, bringing things to life, creation, skill love of beauty…

This way if she did notice and has half a brain she could put 2 and 2 together on her own. It’ll disarm it if it actually was an issue to begin with.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of women like men who work with their hands, if she's one it won't matter

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HiAbaganov,
Yes a real problem,where gloves are impractical,I put a little Nivea Cream on my palm and rub my fingernails against it,getting the cream under the nails,washes out under hot water with help of a stiff nail brush!

RobbyDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you are WAY over thinking this. Perhaps I have a different view because I am a mechanic/renovator and often have dirty fingernails, but to me saying anything about it reeks of insecurity.

While true that it tends to be a turn off for women, a woman who is truly interested will see past this. If you’re this worried about something so insignificant, you’re going to have a hard time dating IMHO. Trust me, you don’t want a woman if she freaks out about having dirty fingernails now and then—at least I wouldn’t.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What she also may be thinking is do I want that man's dirty fingernails inside my pu$$y?
This is why I try to make sure to always get the dirt in my fingernails. I've heard this from other women as well.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They sell fingernail brushes at Amazon for 99 cents. They have short, soft bristles and will get rid of any kind of dirt and grease.

Every man should have one at each sink in his house.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They sell fingernail brushes at Amazon for 99 cents. They have short, soft bristles and will get rid of any kind of dirt and grease.

Every man should have one at each sink in his house.
The brushes do work better than a pocket knife. Larger point is that men shouldn't have long fingernails at all. Trim that sh1t often.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say you were doing gardening last time you saw her (don't mention the nails) and just make sure your nails are on point when you see her next. If she saw them last time, she will be checking out for them this time. Throw in the gardening to give some context but don't overtly defend yourself or your dirty nails, that's weak.

Don't listen to others, they do care about dirty nails and you should keep your hygiene on point especially if you expect the same in return.