"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Should I presume?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I've met this girl IRL for the first time last night. We've chatted some on AIM and we were talking about going to Atlantic City this weekend, but she wanted us to meet first.

Well...after the night was over, she still (enthusiastically) wants to go there with me. The night ended with a nice series of kisses and I have a feeling it may have gone further, but she had to drive like an hour and a half to get home and then catch a flight to Altanta the next morning.

So anyway, I gotta reserve a hotel room. (we're gonna split the cost) I was looking on Best Western's website and they have rooms available, but they're all one king-size bed.

Sooo... :D

Should I go with that? Or do you think it would seem presumptuous? I also found some rooms in the area with two double beds which are like half the cost, but they're like econo-lodge or some ****...not sure if I really wanna crash somewhere semi-trashy with a girl in tow. I guess I could always offer to sleep on the floor if she gives me a hard time about it, but a king's big enough for both, even with a decent amount of space in between, and I think there's good potential for "more", although I can't be sure, it's not like she's hardcore slutty or anything.

BTW, this is just something I've wanted to do for a while...most of my friends don't like to go gambling because of money or other obligations. It's not like I'm doing this for her. :p
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
12
Age
44
Be a Man - Take a chance

Book a room with ONE BED!
Think of it this way: are you sleeping with her now? No.
If you book a room with one bed, do the chances of you having sex with her go up? Yes.
If she doesn't want to have sex with you in that one bed, have you lost anything you had before? No.

Therefore, the best thing that can happen is you have sex with her.
The worst thing that can happen is that you are in the exact same situation you are now. You are not having sex with her.

You have absolutely no chance of losing anything in the process. You can only gain. Be a man!
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
In similar situations, I've used humor. You could briefly state the bed arrangement and then humorously address the creepiness issue by saying, "don't worry I won't hump you in your sleep." Maybe she'll joke IOI you back about how she's sooo disappointed.
Or you could get ****y with, "don't get all excited, I'm not gonna hump you in your sleep." But that might be a little too arrogant for her. You be the judge.

OR you could reframe it as YOU being worried about HER. Say something like, "Ok, we have to share a bed but you have to promise not to hump me in my sleep." Then, "I know how you are! You're a bad girl. We choir boys were taught to stay away from your type." I can see how, when ya'll actually bed down, some call back humor and misinterpretations could get some physical play fighting and then maybe sex going on.
 

Cutiepiie

Banned
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Hotlanta
Let just see it like this....... you follow these guys advice... and you might end up sleeping on the floor!!! :D
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Hah I might've found a cheaper AND better place to stay...Atlantic City Hilton is $50 less.

I'll put in for double-beds...if we don't get it, oh well. :D
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Where's your sense of humor Cutiepie?
I love how women like to talk much mess on guys for trying to figure out how to deal with them. But women then can't properly articulate advice. Take "women just want you to be friends first." Sure they want to vibe with you, have fun with you, feel a connection, chase after you, and not feel like you're creepy fake player guy. But we all know that women aren't attracted to asexual platonic inhibited WEAK behaviour. So Cutiepie, you should stick to seeking validation from laughing at the pathetic attempts of dudes in clubs and from teasing your drooling guy friends. This forum is for learning, not for making Cutiepie feel good about herself.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
Where's your sense of humor Cutiepie?
I love how women like to talk much mess on guys for trying to figure out how to deal with them. But women then can't properly articulate advice. Take "women just want you to be friends first." Sure they want to vibe with you, have fun with you, feel a connection, chase after you, and not feel like you're creepy fake player guy. But we all know that women aren't attracted to asexual platonic inhibited WEAK behaviour. So Cutiepie, you should stick to seeking validation from laughing at the pathetic attempts of dudes in clubs and from teasing your drooling guy friends. This forum is for learning, not for making Cutiepie feel good about herself.
Dude it's not a big deal. I've rented double-bed hotel rooms with girls before and ended up using only one of them. (and I mean REALLY using it :D )

Besides, girl aside, I'd rather stay in a REAL hotel for LESS...one with a casino. ;)
 

affliction

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Wait a sec...are you the same squirrels that was flaming me for my approaches? And you're now picking up girls online over AIM? Now that's funny.

/makes mental note: squirrels credibility regarding approaches--zero. :D
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by affliction
Wait a sec...are you the same squirrels that was flaming me for my approaches? And you're now picking up girls online over AIM? Now that's funny.

/makes mental note: squirrels credibility regarding approaches--zero. :D
Hey...I just opened a profile on MySpace. SHE found ME. :D

AND I never would have been able to talk to girls like her IRL if I didn't practice on real-life girls and instead spent all my time working the Internet for chicks. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
 
Top