"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Should I leave a message?

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Two nights in a row I've been calling this girl I got a number from last weekend and both times I got the machine. I hung up both times and figured I'd just try again. I think it's a bit much to call 3 times and ust hang up. Should I try calling a 3rd time and just leave a message? Should I make a joke on the message and dare her to call me back? Or should I just say "Hey Lisa, met you at the bar last weekend, what are you up to tomorrow night...give me a shout back at 543-XXXX". Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks.

M.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

pdw

New Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
West Lafayette, IN
Messages are bad. After you have been in a relationship a while they are OK. But, in the begining you need to talk to her yourself. Give her another call or two. If you still can't get her, toss the number.

I'm out
 

Kraken

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
No messages if you haven't even spoken to her yet. Try calling at some different times, she may just never be home at certain times (i.e. work, etc.).
 

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
ok, should I try calling her again tonight? Tried her at 8:30 with no luck. How late can I call her? It's almost 9:30 now.

M
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
most girls seem to give their #'s to hundreds of guys, then start screening their calls.

Leave her a message, if she doesnt respond, toss the #
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Rondavu

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Leave a message. Speak like Satan and talk about something soft and fluffy like kittens. At the end burp. 5 bucks sais she'll call you back. :D Sorry I couldn't resist. Back to the real advice men.
 

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
Originally posted by Rondavu
Leave a message. Speak like Satan and talk about something soft and fluffy like kittens. At the end burp.
hahahhahaah! good 1, good 1!

WTF. all you cats and your message no message bullsh!t. whether or not a cat left a message on my voicemail was never, and i'll repeat never fcuking ever the deciding factor on whether or not he had a chance.

:rolleyes:


oh, yeah, and go read the bible. :p
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
just leave a message. If she CARES she will call you back. Do not plan on calling her (ever) until she calls you back. Don't play the "Call the person's cell" and not leave a message kinda thing. 1. girls like getting some power.. give it to her, nothing wrong with that. But if she's the type that never returns calls or never calls - don't get upset by it, just ignore her till she's the one calling.
 
Top