Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should i leave a job i absolutly love for a job ill hate for double the pay?

Ryan Adams

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it sounds like a no brainer but for the first time in a long time i love going to work. I dont make alot just enough to get by and then some but I love my co workers and the job itself. I get NY on what i make and was offered a raise to not leave. I have so much freetime at my current job I could literally Have a 2nd job. I have well over a month of leave with pay. Just the benefits and money isnt nearly as good as what the other oppurtunity has to offer

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would.

How do you know you;ll hate the new job? Negative attitude is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Happy on a cycle or sad in a Rolls Royce?

Money isnt your goal its the conduit to achieve passions.

Ryan Adams

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had a job in the same company diff department though. I was miserable.... I know the crew of which i will be working on same old ****......

Ryan Adams

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had a job in the same company diff department though. I was miserable.... I know the crew of which i will be working on same old ****......
This job has a big turnover rate. Its an overhead lineman position.

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I probably wouldn’t if I was in your spot. You’ll probably regret it since you’re already having doubts about it. More money is always nice, but as long as you’re getting by now AND you’re happy w your current job... I say stay.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
consider your life goals. does anyone earn more in your current place, how do you get that job if you would even want it.

if you chase the money to the new one and hate it then you just keep looking for the next even higher one with a goal to save enough to not need to work by either self-funded business or investments. you don't want to chase the money if you hate the job unless you have a clear plan to get past that situation. the money will increase your status; hating what you do will burn you out unless you have a plan so that doing it is just a step to something you do want to do.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on where ur talent is, everyone has different talent.

It is where ur talent lies that you'll truly be happy.

A donkey, a monkey, a pig and a dog is tasked to climb a tree.

Obviously the monkey will enjoy it, since it's his inherent talent and the rest will not.

Ryan Adams

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
consider your life goals. does anyone earn more in your current place, how do you get that job if you would even want it.

if you chase the money to the new one and hate it then you just keep looking for the next even higher one with a goal to save enough to not need to work by either self-funded business or investments. you don't want to chase the money if you hate the job unless you have a clear plan to get past that situation. the money will increase your status; hating what you do will burn you out unless you have a plan so that doing it is just a step to something you do want to do.
Great advice

Ryan Adams

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I probably wouldn’t if I was in your spot. You’ll probably regret it since you’re already having doubts about it. More money is always nice, but as long as you’re getting by now AND you’re happy w your current job... I say stay.
I chose to stay for now plus they offered me even more money

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what would be the next step? Is it assured advancement?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on exactly what you would be doing. You could resign from the job you're at with the reason being "I just need to make more money", and then say that once you have saved up enough to meet your goal, you would love to come back.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a strong work out before work. It'll make you more positive and resilient in the negative environment. You will power thru your day.

logicallefty

Reaction score
In this day and age, jobs are much more about the potential people you will have to work for and with than the job itself.
  • If the new job has good people, fair managers, and people who know their shYt and pull their weight then it would be worth making the change.
  • If the new job has a bunch of toxic lazy azz people and managers who don't know their azz from a hole in the ground, then stay where you are.
  • If you don't know anything about the people at the new job, stay where you are.
I am so DAMN sick of toxic people in the workplace. Even more, I'm so sick of clueless managers who keep the incompetent and lazy people around instead of firing their azzes. Luckly I work with fewer of these people now than in the past, but still, they suck the life out of those of us who really want to work hard and do our fair share. If you work somewhere now that doesn't have too many of these kinds of people (everywhere has some) then I would really consider staying there because you could be going to a new place that is infested with them like roaches . No money is worth having your soul sucked out.

U

user43770

Every man's goal should be to get off the hamster wheel. Jobs are jails.

I occasionally meet people that "love their job," but I'm pretty sure they're saying what they think will impress me.

If you love your job, you're probably on anti-depressants. Or you're a psychopath.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Any workplace where there's people around is a good opportunity. Making money in a honest way is a gift. Your employer might want a big boat so you work hard to produce profit for him that is honest. You might want a big boat so you work hard to produce profit for yourself honestly.

That's what work is all about. Providing for yourself and others.

Personally I would just pick one job and pray to God that it supports what you want to do. Praying to God in secret is what is going to be rewarded and really all the other stuff is secondary and doesn't really matter anyways.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question I'd ask is "Will this job require a 'Vaccine' in order to keep working at it in the future?" Vaccine is where I draw the line.