Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I get off my training regimen and go for a "dad bod"?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I weigh 120 So don't be lazy and accept dad bod. The fit women you most want to impress aren't going to accept dad bod. Nope.
The guy that I read was the poster boy for dad bod was Jason Segel, the comedy actor. Now he's not the sexiest guy on the planet, and he's not going to impress anyone with his shirt off. He might have a little pooch. But he's 6'4", and he doesn't look fat, at least with his clothes on. Even if he wasn't famous, I have a hard time believing he'd have trouble getting a girlfriend.

I guess if you want a guy who is jacked like LeBron James (or even better, Bigdave), he wouldn't be your first choice.

Also, BE, it sounds like your man had a little extra weight on him, and you CHANGED him into a thinner guy. Girls love to tweak their men.

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the ladies' locker room: Newsflash. Dad bods NOT sexy. Chubby belly is just that, chubby belly. Skinny fat is sickly looking. As a woman I figure I work hard and make lifestyle choices that allow me to have a better figure than most women half my age or younger. I am not going to be seen with someone who doesn't similarly value taking care of their body.

The best way to get a good physique is to work out regularly (some resistance work, some cardio, best is HIIT training) and at the same time reduce carbs from your diet and focus on fiber and protein. I almost never eat the following: Breads, pastas, dairy, candy, sweets, potatoes, soda, fast food, junk food. I drink primarily water, tea, coffee, Kombucha, and wine. I swim a little or do a mile of interval training or walk several miles. Some people like to cycle. I never got into that but it's a great workout. Even some yoga or basic stretching is good. Anything helps.

Over time this type of lifestyle will bring your body into shape and keep it that way. My guy is 6'3". When we started dating he weighed 242lbs. He's now at 210lbs., due to the dietary changes because he's largely adopted my way of eating. He looks better, feels better, his snoring is better, his sleep quality is better. And he hasn't increased his workout regimen.
Your metabolism will do a great deal of the work for you if you'll modify your eating habits. But it isn't a temporary thing folks. It's discipline and it's lifestyle.

Make no mistake, we eat lots of indulgent things. Various cheeses, eggs any which way, meats, steak, etc., and I make wonderful veggies reduced in balsamic vinegar and coconut oil. Grapes, wine, berries, nuts, bacon, etc. Fats are not the issue. I never count calories but I get on the scale every morning.

If I'm nearly 50, have had 3 kids, and can look like a 22 year old tight body without starving and without killing myself working out all the time, anyone can do it. I weigh 120 lbs and my BMI is 20. It's discipline. Yes I have good genetics...but I know lots of people with better genetics than I who are fat...or worse, belly fat (the highest risk factor for heart disease).

So don't be lazy and accept dad bod. The fit women you most want to impress aren't going to accept dad bod. Nope.
Ya, don't do the dad bod lmao. Now your diet doesn't have to be insane or anything like Excellent said. You need to cheat to keep sane and focused. I generally eat whatever, and I am only 20 with a quick metabolism but I'm 6'0" 190lbs around 10% BF. I eat whatever the hell I want. But my training is crazy.

Hit lots of supersets and drops sets. I hardly do any cardio, but you can throw a couple days of interval sprint days in a week and be set. What I like to do for weights is 3 day splits, with heavy compounds in the bdginning with a couple light warm up sets, do 5 rep maxes or 3 RM and then do some moderate weight with pause / slow eccentric motions for 8 reps, then 2 light weight 20 rep sets.

Now I've been at it for 3 damn years non stop. Get your calories slightly above maintenance (200-400 above), protein at 1.5g / lbs, and carbs anywhere from 1.5g-2g / lbs of body weight. If you go lower on the carbs, up the healthy fats and fiber. Healthy fats are super super important for your testosterone and hormone health. So keep it up along with your omega fats (fish or krill oil). Take your multivitamin daily as well. Look into SARMs if you are too afraid to get on TRT, although just hop on 250mg of cypionate a week and reap the rewards imo.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
this article is retarded because it's primarily aimed at the average chubby woman out there

hot, fit women (which are the only ones we care about) want a hot, fit man

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
From the ladies' locker room: Newsflash. Dad bods NOT sexy. Chubby belly is just that, chubby belly. Skinny fat is sickly looking. As a woman I figure I work hard and make lifestyle choices that allow me to have a better figure than most women half my age or younger. I am not going to be seen with someone who doesn't similarly value taking care of their body.

The best way to get a good physique is to work out regularly (some resistance work, some cardio, best is HIIT training) and at the same time reduce carbs from your diet and focus on fiber and protein. I almost never eat the following: Breads, pastas, dairy, candy, sweets, potatoes, soda, fast food, junk food. I drink primarily water, tea, coffee, Kombucha, and wine. I swim a little or do a mile of interval training or walk several miles. Some people like to cycle. I never got into that but it's a great workout. Even some yoga or basic stretching is good. Anything helps.

Over time this type of lifestyle will bring your body into shape and keep it that way. My guy is 6'3". When we started dating he weighed 242lbs. He's now at 210lbs., due to the dietary changes because he's largely adopted my way of eating. He looks better, feels better, his snoring is better, his sleep quality is better. And he hasn't increased his workout regimen.
Your metabolism will do a great deal of the work for you if you'll modify your eating habits. But it isn't a temporary thing folks. It's discipline and it's lifestyle.

Make no mistake, we eat lots of indulgent things. Various cheeses, eggs any which way, meats, steak, etc., and I make wonderful veggies reduced in balsamic vinegar and coconut oil. Grapes, wine, berries, nuts, bacon, etc. Fats are not the issue. I never count calories but I get on the scale every morning.

If I'm nearly 50, have had 3 kids, and can look like a 22 year old tight body without starving and without killing myself working out all the time, anyone can do it. I weigh 120 lbs and my BMI is 20. It's discipline. Yes I have good genetics...but I know lots of people with better genetics than I who are fat...or worse, belly fat (the highest risk factor for heart disease).

So don't be lazy and accept dad bod. The fit women you most want to impress aren't going to accept dad bod. Nope.
it comes down to self control

Even a big percentage of guys who workout consistently look like garbage because they can't control their eating

Eat a little over maintenance to gain some muscle mass over say 2 years then limit eating as much as possible to get nice and toned and have a very small midsection. The problem is that we live in a culture obsessed with food and over eating. Nobody wants to control their eating because they love their pizza and burgers too much

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Ya, don't do the dad bod lmao. Now your diet doesn't have to be insane or anything like Excellent said. You need to cheat to keep sane and focused. I generally eat whatever, and I am only 20 with a quick metabolism but I'm 6'0" 190lbs around 10% BF. I eat whatever the hell I want. But my training is crazy.
I hate the people who say stuff like "I eat whatever the hell I want and I'm still lean"

because it's very misleading. The reality is, you just don't have much of an appetite, which allows you to stay skinny without having to control your eating. I have a buddy who says the same thing - he is 10% BF year round but guess what? every time we are at a social gathering or party, he eats 1 slice of pizza and he's done. For people like myself who are compulsive/binge eaters, we can have 10 slices of pizza and still want more and more and more. It's super hard to control our constant urge/craving for over-eating

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Homer Simpson is synonymous with the definition of Dad-Bod.
It's basically someone that let themselves go.
It's the male equivalent of a fat chick.
Absolutely pathetic! You should never be comfortable with yourself looking like that.

Black Sunshine

Don Juan
Reaction score

Amen!!! It is a lifestyle...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP probably would need to hit the gym hard for a year to transform his "Couch Bod" into a "Dad Bod"...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Homer Simpson is synonymous with the definition of Dad-Bod.
Maybe I've read different articles than some others here, but from what I understand, Homer Simpson does not have a dad bod. He is an obese fat slob.

When I Googled dad bod, the first pic to come up was Leonardo DiCaprio. Now obviously he is no Abercrombie and Fitch model, but he isn't exactly hideous female repellent either. From what I've read, a dad bod is not really someone who has let himself go - it's someone who might be in the initial stages of letting himself go. Guys like DiCaprio and Jason Segel look like they could get onto a decent workout routine and get back into a fit shape in a relatively short amount of time. Something you can't say about an actually fat or obese guy.

That said, of course I would always recommend keeping up a good fitness regimen. I just don't think these dad bods are quite what some of your are imagining.

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
No offence bro, but I still find this post funny af. Why would someone change his physique for a chick? Don't you think working out is for you and only you?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offence bro, but I still find this post funny af. Why would someone change his physique for a chick? Don't you think working out is for you and only you?
Yes, but if looking good for the ladies motivates you, I don't see why you shouldn't use it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because if that goes away so does your motivation.
Lol, when does that go away? But I never meant that should be your sole motivation.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that a balanced man is a combination of 1/3 looks, 1/3 personality, 1/3 success/ambition/career - depending on the woman the weighting might slightly tilt and you can compensate one for the other but only to a degree.

I'm not out of shape but I'm also not ripped like many here, so probably a dad bod. I can't recall a single time when I was a turn off to a woman due to my body type. I know this because I've never posted shirtless pics in my profiles nor do I go on dates wearing sloppy clothes or tank tops - so from the outside I look avg/slim/fit. Two, I've never been dumped after having sex (when they could more than see my body)...either they turned into LTRs or I broke it off for various other reasons. So unless you're going for the 9/10+ I personally don't think you need to work out like an athlete but obviously don't eat at McDonald's and have the pregnant looking beer belly.

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate the people who say stuff like "I eat whatever the hell I want and I'm still lean"

because it's very misleading. The reality is, you just don't have much of an appetite, which allows you to stay skinny without having to control your eating. I have a buddy who says the same thing - he is 10% BF year round but guess what? every time we are at a social gathering or party, he eats 1 slice of pizza and he's done. For people like myself who are compulsive/binge eaters, we can have 10 slices of pizza and still want more and more and more. It's super hard to control our constant urge/craving for over-eating
The fact is you don't have self control. If you trained hard enough you would be able to have what I do. Plus like I said, I'm 20. I eat roughly 3200-4000 calories a day right now. I'm not new at this sh!t. I've put on 65lbs of muscle mass in 3 years, maybe 5-10lbs have been fat.

You just have to not eat cake and empty calories all day. But I'm assuming if youre trying to actually build muscle and get a good body, you're not eating funyons and oreos on the couch all day.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a normal bod seems more natural

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but if looking good for the ladies motivates you, I don't see why you shouldn't use it.
Having a dad bod does not mean 'looking good'. It means looking like **** just to get a girl. Isn't that outright clear?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a dad bod does not mean 'looking good'. It means looking like **** just to get a girl. Isn't that outright clear?
We were talking about motivation to work out. Follow along.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's opposite advice by feminism to keep men from fvcking.

It's the same as be extra sensitive, do everything she wants you to do and listen to everything she says. That advice will send a man to a board like this.

Some of the very best and most simple advice was by "spaz".

He said we must think with our cawks. So if a situation is not providing poon don't waste much time or attention on it.

He says our purpose and personal growth is our full time job, women are a part time job.

When a adolescent starts fvcking he fvcks anything that'll fvck or svck him. He doesn't have a grocery list of standards like a female.

BoySam

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely not!
I believe you don't have to have a 6pack, as long as you are fit and healthy. Exercise makes you a happier and less sluggish person in my opinion. I personally train 3 times a week, read health/sports magazines like ออกกำลังกาย . I also believe that caring for your body is very attractive as well. Same goes for women