Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I fight a ticket?

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a ticket for running a red light, not intentionally ofcourse. I never been to court before, what do I do?

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JC Jerkson
Why would ask ask this question on a website about getting girls? Do you think we are attorneys at law?

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JC Jerkson
Id expect childish post but don't do that again. If anyone has any experience please let me know.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
show up in court and explain your side of the story, the worse that could happen is you will pay a hefty fine, plus the judge may reduce the fine and the police officer probably wont even show up in court.

since this is your first moving violation, they may allow you to attend traffic school so it doesnt show on your driving record.

the back of the ticket should have instructions on what you can do
if you have any questions.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A DJ would pay his fine, and accept the consequences of his wrongful actions, and learn from his mistake. I suggest you do the same.

You were in the fvcking car, you pressed the fvcking pedal to put your fvcking car through a fvcking light! How are you going to get away with it? Say that aliens magically transported your car?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
their might be a number on the ticket that you can contact to see if you can go to traffic school.
after so many tickets and points against your driving , you can loose your lisence.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a lawyer. There are some cheap traffic attorneys. I have paid $99 to defend a speeding ticket before. He got my fine reduced by $100, which paid for his fee and I got no points, no traffic school, and I did not have to show up to court - he was there for me.

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know. Point mean nothing to an insurance company, they will be used only if you are about to loose your licence. When it comes to high insurance, they only look at how many ticket you recieve within a certain amount of time.

Yea am taking it to court.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll be paying higher insurance rates for 3 years after getting a ticket. But the thing is that they count those 3 years not from the date you've been to court and convicted, but from the date of the ticket. I'm not sure about your state laws, but in most you can reschedule your court date 3 times, which if done right comes out to about a year total.
On the last allowed date you show up and fight it. Chances are that either the paperwork gets lost somewhere, the cop wont even remember the incident(or not even show up in which case it gets dismissed) . Even if you do get convicted, it will probably be a smaller fine and you saved yourself a year worth of higher insurance rates.

Just make sure you make up some pretty good excuses for 2nd and 3rd times.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As above.

I don't get why you have to go to court?

Either very little people break road rules over there, or they have an abundance of courts to throw people in for the lesser of crimes!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebsharp
I got a ticket for running a red light, not intentionally ofcourse. I never been to court before, what do I do?
YES, if your gona loose points (and if it's financially worth it)

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebsharp
Not sure if you guys know. Point mean nothing to an insurance company, they will be used only if you are about to loose your licence. When it comes to high insurance, they only look at how many ticket you recieve within a certain amount of time.
No offense, but this is crap. So basically a non-moving violation is the same as a moving violation? After all, they both deal with "points"... and if "points" don't matter until you're about to lose your license, who cares how many you have?

Seriously, you might want to reconsider what you think you know about insurance and how it works.