Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I date women who have kids

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back on topic ...

... if you want to date single mothers and are attracted to one, go for it!

If one of your parameters in what you want in a date/gf is someone without kids, don't date single mothers. It's rather simple.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think so...if you let anyone change you..that shows a weakeness in your character and personality.

That doesn't stop a woman trying - and that was my point.

Whether you allow her to is another thing - but after you have signed that marrage certif. and she's poped out a kid - your up sh#t creek without a paddle.

and I'm not saying all women are like this - but from my experience - I would say the majority.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
...Please refer to my statement about women killing men's dreams, desires and hobbies.

You see, he was riding BEFORE he married her. He was riding when they were ENGAGED - no problem. As soon as she was married, she tries to change him, and stop him doing something he loves.
Isn't it strange that the typical woman won't put herself first but she'd want the guy to put her first.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
G0ddamit.

Once again, Wyldfire has hijacked a thread and turned it into a 4 page rant about single moms.

It would be funny if I hadn't seen it 50 times before....

Gipper

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Isn't it strange that the typical woman won't put herself first but she'd want the guy to put her first.
The case of her not wanting him to ride likely is because she's worried about him getting hurt. Oe of my exes rode a crotch rocket and he'd do wheelies at high speeds. I was genuinely worried for HIS safety. None of us know the woman or have heard her reason. The person telling the story is very clearly biased against her because the guy rode with him. There's two sides to every story and when you're married you should not be putting yourself at risk or making major or life or money risking decisions without discussing it with your significant other. That sort of stuff goes with the territory. The husband is never innocent of the same kind of thing, either. Husbands expect women to change their single life habits such as excessive shopping and such when they get married, too. If it was fishing and not dirt bikes that was the issue here I'd say the woman was being unreasonable...but I can't say that about riding dirt bikes. They are quite different. We should be fair and real, afterall.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gipper
G0ddamit.

Once again, Wyldfire has hijacked a thread and turned it into a 4 page rant about single moms.

It would be funny if I hadn't seen it 50 times before....

Gipper
Perhaps you should go back and read the title again. The thread is ABOUT single mothers. I think it's rather foolish of you to come onto a thread about single moms and biotch because people are discussing single moms.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating women with kids is an opinion.

Me, I would do it, but it's not a preference.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once vowed to not repond to Wyldfire anymore, but I'll make an exception this time:

I'm not complaining about the subject matter; I'm sick of you commandeering threads and intentionally provoking people until the subject turns into a mess. Yes, you are guilty of this. Once again.

And now back to your regularly scheduled rant...

Gipper

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I once vowed to not repond to Wyldfire anymore, but I'll make an exception this time:

I'm not complaining about the subject matter; I'm sick of you commandeering threads and intentionally provoking people until the subject turns into a mess. Yes, you are guilty of this. Once again.

Gipper
No, I never "try" to provoke people. The only people I provoke are people who are too emotional to handle controversial conversation and debate. If you can't handle my posts don't read them.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The case of her not wanting him to ride likely is because she's worried about him getting hurt. Oe of my exes rode a crotch rocket and he'd do wheelies at high speeds. I was genuinely worried for HIS safety. None of us know the woman or have heard her reason. The person telling the story is very clearly biased against her because the guy rode with him. There's two sides to every story and when you're married you should not be putting yourself at risk or making major or life or money risking decisions without discussing it with your significant other. That sort of stuff goes with the territory. The husband is never innocent of the same kind of thing, either. Husbands expect women to change their single life habits such as excessive shopping and such when they get married, too. If it was fishing and not dirt bikes that was the issue here I'd say the woman was being unreasonable...but I can't say that about riding dirt bikes. They are quite different. We should be fair and real, afterall.
You know what's the funny part - the fact that he was MANLY - i.e. he rode dirt bikes, drove a lifted truck, went 4X4ing - had jet ski's - went skiing - hit the gym regularly - etc. etc. was what got her wet and turned her on in the first place. It's silly how the very things that attracted the women in the first place - should get on their nerves when women actually get the man she wants.

An ex of mine was the same.

I study Kung Fu. went to 3 classes a week before I weven meet her. Almost the minute we moved in together she tried to get me to reduce the amount of time I spent at KF. I didn't of course - and it was always a point of contention for her (not to mention other things I used to do).

Again from my experience, this seems more like the norm than not. And I'm speaking from experience I've had with my friends as well as personnel.

you should not be putting yourself at risk
It was not like this guy was racing, or jumping - or doing crazy a## stuff.

And even so, this is something that should have been brought up when they were dating - not the minute they got married.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Gipper
And this one can never just shvt the fvck up ... always needs to have the last word. Typical histrionic American chick, over the hill but still thinking she's in her prime.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
You know what's the funny part - the fact that he was MANLY - i.e. he rode dirt bikes, drove a lifted truck, went 4X4ing - had jet ski's - went skiing - hit the gym regularly - etc. etc. was what got her wet and turned her on in the first place. It's silly how the very things that attracted the women in the first place - should get on their nerves when women actually get the man she wants.

An ex of mine was the same.

I study Kung Fu. went to 3 classes a week before I weven meet her. Almost the minute we moved in together she tried to get me to reduce the amount of time I spent at KF. I didn't of course - and it was always a point of contention for her (not to mention other things I used to do).

Again from my experience, this seems more like the norm than not. And I'm speaking from experience I've had with my friends as well as personnel.

It was not like this guy was racing, or jumping - or doing crazy a## stuff.

And even so, this is something that should have been brought up when they were dating - not the minute they got married.
Well, if she's not there watching him ride then she probably is assuming he's doing something that might get him hurt. Of course, it could also be that her emotional needs aren't being met in the marriage. If a woman is just doing things to try to make a man spend more time with her (even if it's arguing over whatever) it's almost always because he isn't taking her out anywhere anymore but he's eager to go out with his friends. It's very important for a man to still "date" his wife because that's what makes her feel special to him and keeps her feeling like he's being romantic. It also helps keep the sex life more active. Men are quick to point out how crucial their sexual needs. Women have a need that is just as crucial...she needs to feel loved, wanted and romanced. If a man doesn't do that for his wife he's doing the equivalent of her not having sex with him anymore. Just as men complain about how women stop having sex after marriage...women also complain that men stop taking them out and being romantic after marriage. Both the man's and the woman's needs have to be met for a healthy relationship. Too many men assume that going to work and paying the bills will keep the woman happy. Those things are important, but they don't fulfill a woman's emotional needs in the relationship.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by stevera004
And this one can never just shvt the fvck up ... always needs to have the last word. Typical histrionic American chick, over the hill but still thinking she's in her prime.
You're one to talk...typical whine ass crybaby Canadian.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
I felt the need to put my two cents in...

It's not a great combination when a single guy with no kids dates a woman with kids. The single guy has much more free time, can be more spontaneous, and has an incredibly flexible schedule. He moves fast through life. A woman with kids has to work not only on her and her kids' schedule, but they have to work on other people's schedules (ie babysitters). She cannot move fast through life, she needs to take steps before having the free time available to date.
An option would be to go out with them as filler dates. Go out with them to try out your skills between other dates.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by picard
should I avoid dating women who have kids but they are divorced? Do these women require any special rule ?

Yes. Typically, chicks with kids have too much going on which will prevent you from having the type of relationship you want with them. What if she can't find a babysitter? What if she has "baby daddy drama" happening in her life? What if one of the kids get sick? Any of those scenarios means that your plans are SHOT for the evening and it would be best if you date chicks without kids.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by stevera004
I've also noticed that "she" has to have the last word. If "she" doesn't then it becomes a matter of ridiculing and berating some poor guy until he submits. Makes me wonder why "she's" so passionate about this particular thread? Perhaps it's because imbitterment has set in so deeply that trying to sabotage any true help from one of the brothers seems to make her feel like a martyr for other women who've either been chucked for something younger and better or hasn't had a deep d1ckin' in a looong while . . .

Either way, Oprah and Dr. Phil have message boards plum full of over the hill skanks who don't know what to do with thier lives.
They could probably benefit from your morose prose.

And I'll beat you to it, Women are not the enemy. I happen to admire women and place value on them as much as they value themselves.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I date a woman with kids, I make it clear that I'm interested in spending time with her, not her child.

My personal belief is that it is wrong for a single woman with a child to date many different men and have her children exposed to those men in a "fatherly" role.

I was raised in a two-parent home with a mother and father who were there every night, so that is probably why I feel this way.

When a woman tries to get me together with their child right away, I know they are looking for a father and a provider, and I am interested in being neither.

Also, many women will use their children as ammunition against you. If you are telling her something she doesn't want to hear, suddenly the child needs their full attention even though she was ignoring it conveniently just moments before.

I prefer not to date women with children, but unfortunately in my area and age range, there aren't very many who don't have them.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by KarmaSutra
I've also noticed that "she" has to have the last word. If "she" doesn't then it becomes a matter of ridiculing and berating some poor guy until he submits. Makes me wonder why "she's" so passionate about this particular thread? Perhaps it's because imbitterment has set in so deeply that trying to sabotage any true help from one of the brothers seems to make her feel like a martyr for other women who've either been chucked for something younger and better or hasn't had a deep d1ckin' in a looong while . . .

Either way, Oprah and Dr. Phil have message boards plum full of over the hill skanks who don't know what to do with thier lives.
They could probably benefit from your morose prose.

And I'll beat you to it, Women are not the enemy. I happen to admire women and place value on them as much as they value themselves.
Oh please...I offer more help to guys on this site than steve ever has. All he does is insult people and instigate and whine.

Your impression of me couldn't be more off the mark...and I've never been "chucked" in my life. I've been proposed to plenty of times, though...but I'm anti-marriage.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Aaron B
When a woman tries to get me together with their child right away, I know they are looking for a father and a provider, and I am interested in being neither.

Hit the proverbial nail square on brother.

I know from experience that involving yourself in a relationship with a single mom leaves an emotional tattoo. Not due to the chick, She's easily replaced by the next flavor of the day, It's the emotional bond guys make with the child(ren) that leave indelable imprints on us.

These b1tches know this and use the as a tool to either hurt a guy or get him to stay with her and move the poor sap to a provider role in the relationship. Then it's all downhill for the guy.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aaron B
When I date a woman with kids, I make it clear that I'm interested in spending time with her, not her child.

My personal belief is that it is wrong for a single woman with a child to date many different men and have her children exposed to those men in a "fatherly" role.

I was raised in a two-parent home with a mother and father who were there every night, so that is probably why I feel this way.

Also, many women will use their children as ammunition against you. If you are telling her something she doesn't want to hear, suddenly the child needs their full attention even though she was ignoring it conveniently just moments before.

I prefer not to date women with children, but unfortunately in my area and age range, there aren't very many who don't have them.
No single mother should even introduce a guy she's dating to her kids unless it's getting serious. I got divorced in 1994 and my kids have only met 3 boyfriends in almost 12 years. One guy I was with for about 5 years and we were engaged. The next one was a single father and we were friends before we got involved and I introduced him sooner just because we would take our kids to do things together. The last was also a friend first who I worked with and had known for about a year before he met my kids. I've dated other guys who wanted to meet my kids and I wouldn't let them.

It's wrong for a single parent to bring a string of men or women into their kids' lives. You should never do that. No one should meet the kids until you think it's going to last a long time.