Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I bother chasing wealth if I don't want to start a family?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure I need more money to keep up with inflation and of course I would like to not have to worry about expenses, but if I am never planning to have a wife and kids should I bother chasing wealth? I didn't need six figures to get the kinds of girls I wanted, nor to enjoy life. What do I need to chase wealth for?

markalem

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take an account severe illness and need for cash to maintain decent existence if a calamity occurs. This is a nightmare and money would be essential if this happens.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure I need more money to keep up with inflation and of course I would like to not have to worry about expenses, but if I am never planning to have a wife and kids should I bother chasing wealth? I didn't need six figures to get the kinds of girls I wanted, nor to enjoy life. What do I need to chase wealth for?
I have the same issue. I'm frugal, modest and don't desire a family. Very difficult to find the motivation to earn a high income.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I bother chasing wealth if I don't want to start a family?
Isn't this an obvious sort of self explanatory question?

Being poor sucks dude.
Don't you want a good life with unlimited options where you are in control over your life?
If so you need to make money, preferably tons of it.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking form experience, I am much happier *not* being 'hostage' to conformist mainstream attitudes. Living 'comfortable' is good, but money should no be someones definition to happiness or feeling important.

No kids here and not being married allows me come and go when I please and also sample various merchandise.

Truth is... you'll discover (if not already) that most people do not feel complete - unless they are emulating what everyone else is doing. This sounds like a rather miserable and pitiful life-choice to me, but it's the way that most people are.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't this an obvious sort of self explanatory question?

Being poor sucks dude.
Don't you want a good life with unlimited options where you are in control over your life?
If so you need to make money, preferably tons of it.
Who said anything about being poor? Your average single childless guy earning 60k has more autonomy over his life than a married (or divorced) father of 3 earning 160k.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are gonna do it Go all the way...Eschew material things and pursue your passion to the exclusion of them..

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont need it, especially at 29. Just do what you enjoy and are passionate about and enjoy life with less pressure. Guess what most guys can and do make most of their money later in life (40+) so dont be like the typical Western guy who thinks he needs to be pushing the wealth thing hard early in his life.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who said anything about being poor? Your average single childless guy earning 60k has more autonomy over his life than a married (or divorced) father of 3 earning 160k.
According to? It’s nice you just made that up but you didn’t really compare this fairly.
You can also be a bachelor and make that. I make 330k a year W2 income and about a mil a year off investments. I assure you I have far more autonomy than your guy making 60k a year living check to check.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally it is more about freedom then material things for me. It opens up a lot of options in life and gives you the ability to focus on things you enjoy. You are no longer obligated to work to cover your expenses and you are in a position to help others. If focused for 10-15yrs it basically frees up the rest of your time.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally it is more about freedom then material things for me.
Exactly.
The average joe sells his time and freedom to his employer for the exchange of money. The government then makes sure you have less of it through taxes. If you have enough money will buy you o freedom of choice and more precise you time back to do as you chose with it.

So your reason for becoming wealthy is to become a truly free man, free of the shackles of the rat race.
Money is just a tool, but without it in modern society you are nothing but a wage salve and not a free man.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to? It’s nice you just made that up but you didn’t really compare this fairly.
You can also be a bachelor and make that. I make 330k a year W2 income and about a mil a year off investments. I assure you I have far more autonomy than your guy making 60k a year living check to check.
Well, obviously, but that wasn't my point.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.
The average joe sells his time and freedom to his employer for the exchange of money. The government then makes sure you have less of it through taxes. If you have enough money will buy you o freedom of choice and more precise you time back to do as you chose with it.

So your reason for becoming wealthy is to become a truly free man, free of the shackles of the rat race.
Money is just a tool, but without it in modern society you are nothing but a wage salve and not a free man.
Completely agree. Add inflation which in reality is probably around 20%, over 2 months of a years wages is basically given away now to cover the additional cost. Going the traditional route of college then work someone else is basically signing up for a life indebted slavery. For me, the sacrifice of time/work on the front end is worth it overall

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make 330k a year W2 income and about a mil a year off investments.
Awesome. With that income, you should be swimming in vagina.

Money will help you get laid.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What matters is, if he wants the sex to be based on desire, or not.
It will be based on desire. The desire to have sex with a high status man...

Why does it matter if a man's status stems from his physical attractiveness, earning power or charisma? Doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does it matter if a man's status stems from his physical attractiveness, earning power or charisma?
For me, I'd rather experience the raw sexual desire based on charisma and attractiveness than sex that's driven by ego/status.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, I'd rather experience the raw sexual desire based on charisma and attractiveness than sex that's driven by ego/status.
Same. But if a dude is 5'7" with an unattractive face, that's likely not an option. He can either obtain sexual desire based on status or receive nothing.