Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I bother chasing wealth if I don't want to start a family?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, it sounds like you're comfortable where you are and feel no need to sacrifice anything to get rich. I'm working my way up the corporate ladder and doing a damn good job. I also have no kids and I'm undecided if I want any. Regardless, I'm not doing it for that possibility. I'm doing it because I want to live a fun life when I'm older. Investing in myself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, it sounds like you're comfortable where you are and feel no need to sacrifice anything to get rich. I'm working my way up the corporate ladder and doing a damn good job. I also have no kids and I'm undecided if I want any. Regardless, I'm not doing it for that possibility. I'm doing it because I want to live a fun life when I'm older. Investing in myself.
I've been chasing wealth my adult life and am in the same place about having kids/wanting kids.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure I need more money to keep up with inflation and of course I would like to not have to worry about expenses, but if I am never planning to have a wife and kids should I bother chasing wealth? I didn't need six figures to get the kinds of girls I wanted, nor to enjoy life. What do I need to chase wealth for?
Yes. You don't need to be Elon but being a broke ass isn't a good life nor attractive. What else will you do? Fap and only fans?

Even if minimalist build builds biz or side hustle that's domain independent. You don't need to be scrooge mcduck.

You already know the answer. One of my mates makes like 50k but as a digital nomad. He's on answer beach 6 months a year. He's a high school grad. Learned to code. Started several biz over the years. Most failed. He's free now. Spent many years plowing fatties and couch surfing. Knows how to survive. Tax write offs on virtually everything he can.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. You don't need to be Elon but being a broke ass isn't a good life nor attractive. What else will you do? Fap and only fans?

Even if minimalist build builds biz or side hustle that's domain independent. You don't need to be scrooge mcduck.

You already know the answer. One of my mates makes like 50k but as a digital nomad. He's on answer beach 6 months a year. He's a high school grad. Learned to code. Started several biz over the years. Most failed. He's free now. Spent many years plowing fatties and couch surfing. Knows how to survive. Tax write offs on virtually everything he can.
What does your friend do, exactly? Does he build websites?

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were you thinking of making money just to support a family?

I agree with another poster, have enough for a rainy-day.

Legitimate money is society's way of conveying value to you.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does your friend do, exactly? Does he build websites?
He's in tech. horrible dating experience in the UK which by no stretch cannot compete with much of the world. Far better dating experience in south east Asia and south America. 7/8 there is more like a 9/10 here coupled with femininity which is lacking here. His path similar to dating and in biz was rocky. Couch surfing. Lots of Ls. Lots of failures and living in his mom's basement before finally executing.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure I need more money to keep up with inflation and of course I would like to not have to worry about expenses, but if I am never planning to have a wife and kids should I bother chasing wealth? I didn't need six figures to get the kinds of girls I wanted, nor to enjoy life. What do I need to chase wealth for?
Yes, when you get older, money will be your only way to get some action from women. Also to live in dignity

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know you like a minimalist lifestyle it would be stupid to try to earn more than you need to have a comfortable minimalist lifestyle. What would you do with the extra money? Do some ego shiit.

Reminds me of Warren Buffet who said it would be stupid to risk your money to earn more money if you don't need the extra money.

With extra money you have more options but with extra work you may be unhappy while doing it or even die before able to enjoy your freedom away from work.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, when you get older, money will be your only way to get some action from women. Also to live in dignity
The live with dignity stands out. If you see what retirees are spending monthly in a old age home, their quality of life or more accurately, the lack thereof, you see the golden years. It's not pretty.