Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Short guy study: 5'6" or shorter guys need to earn 175K+ more to be as desirable as 6' guys

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So I guess they now know what they need to do....get out and make that cheddar!

The shorter you are the more you need to earn to make up the difference.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if you want to play the game as the females define it

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The study is from 2006 and yes, it is still relevant when it comes to height. I mean I really feel for short dudes man, I really really do. Now I have seen short guys have success with dating and with women but these were the very few chill short guys. Most short guys I know are overcompensating in a big way, combative, ready to argue, egotistical, and seen as a joke by most people.

However, since the study did mention race, I'll say that things have changed in a massive way since 2006 for Asian and Indian dudes. It used to be unheard of to see them with hot girls of other races before 2014 or so. Ever since then, I see so many hot white girls, latin girls, black girls, and even Middle Eastern girls with men of both backgrounds. A well put-together Indian and Asian dude has it just as easy as guys of other races, at times even easier due to the exotic effect.

Something definitely changed for ethnic guys as a whole around 2015. I am seeing so many more Latinos with white and black girls now.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's like fat girls need to put 10x the amount of flirting to get the attention of a man.

Anyway whatever level of hypergamy we had mid 00s, it probably 10xed now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's like fat girls need to put 10x the amount of flirting to get the attention of a man.

Anyway whatever level of hypergamy we had mid 00s, it probably 10xed now.
Not always...there are a LOT more guys than you would think that actually prefer fat women. A lot of them are actually skinny guys. It's gross.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not always...there are a LOT more guys than you would think that actually prefer fat women. A lot of them are actually skinny guys. It's gross.
You're right, now that I think about it I know some average looking guys that are turned on from far asses...which is one of the top physical reasons for me to avoid a girl.

Women however all agree into disliking short guys.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The study is from 2006 and yes, it is still relevant when it comes to height. I mean I really feel for short dudes man, I really really do. Now I have seen short guys have success with dating and with women but these were the very few chill short guys. Most short guys I know are overcompensating in a big way, combative, ready to argue, egotistical, and seen as a joke by most people.
So it’s more like $250K now.

I used the inflation calculator to calculate what $175,000 in July 2006 is worth in terms of purchasing power as of July 2022. $254,782.80 is the number. Let's say that a 5'6" man needs to make $255,000 more than a 6'0" man.

In Q2 2021, the median income earner in the US made $990 per week, or $51,480. Since taller people tend to make more money, I'll move that median number for our 6'0" guy to $52,000 a year.

In theory, a 6'0" guy making $52,000 a year is as attactive as a 5'6" guy making $307,000 a year. To make $307,000 a year, you need to be in the 97-98th percentile of income earners? How many 5'6" men are in that percentile and make $307,000/year? That's not many.

This theory assumes all other things are equal, which they are never are. However, short men are at a disadvantage and you will need a substantially higher income and/or net worth to offset the shortness.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is only true for 9/10 or 10/10 women, but probably true nonetheless.

I can vouch that the most attractive women truly do require men to make a lot of money for them to even register on their sexual radar. Not even talking about gold diggers; it's a simple prereq since almost all high SMV women already make a lot of money (attractiveness in a women comes with great privilege and social influence).

Case study:

I have a close friend who is a 5'6-5'7' Asian man of average looks, but has net worth in the millions. He can get 8s and even 9s regularly seemingly with no effort.

I on the other hand, with some effort, can get 7s and the occasional 8, 8.5 once in a blue moon (maybe a 9), despite having almost no money, no car (just a motorcycle), almost no status or material possessions. You can probably guess why.

Men need to stop pretending that money and looks don't attract women.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being short, without some compensating attribute, must be life on Hard Mode.
Then dudes get criticized when they lower their standards... Yeah as if these ultra successful DonJuans could be as successful if they were in the same situation.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Agree completely. But needs to be hair adjusted.

X - axis (input - height)

Y- axis (input- norwood number)

Z-axis (output - required income delta to be "equivalent to" a 6-foot, full hair/NW0 guy)

(Not sure what this surface would look like. Too tired right now.)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree completely. But needs to be hair adjusted.

X - axis (input - height)

Y- axis (input- norwood number)

Z-axis (output - required income delta to be "equivalent to" a 6-foot, full hair/NW0 guy)

(Not sure what this surface would look like. Too tired right now.)
It's OVER for AnalyticGeometryCels too. The only solutions are imaginary ...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Then dudes get criticized when they lower their standards... Yeah as if these ultra successful DonJuans could be as successful if they were in the same situation.
As successful, probably not. Completely unsuccessful? That's a choice.