Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shirtless selfies

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I need Instagram advice. I am in my late 30s and very fit. Lean/muscular. I have abs and all that. I am proud on what I have accomplished physically by working out. I take shirtless selfies each month to track my progress. I am always torn on whether I should post one of these on Instagram or snap. Does it seem too try hard? I am fine keeping them to myself. I have come close to posting one but never do.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always see on womens profiles saying things about not wanting to see men holding fish, dead animals or shirtless pics so im guessing you'd probably turn a lot of women off doing that. I'd say keep it respectable in public and do that in private maybe, kinda like **** picks

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I always see on womens profiles saying things about not wanting to see men holding fish, dead animals or shirtless pics so im guessing you'd probably turn a lot of women off doing that. I'd say keep it respectable in public and do that in private maybe, kinda like **** picks
I agree. I think it also depends on the dating app too.

On the swipe apps like Tinder, Bumble or trash POF even I think it's okay.

However on an app like Match or Eharmoney it's a terrible idea. On Match I see that in profiles all the time about shirtless pic women being turned off. Match for example seems to have more high end women.

One double standard I HATE is that women state this but then on their profiles they show gym selfies themselves. STFU!!

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the above. I've had good luck on swinger sites, tinder,etc with pics of me in my underwear but those are hookup sites where nobody cares about anything but looks. If you're actually looking for a relationship I'd refrain unless you could somehow work in a beach pic, or something like that, where you can show off your body without looking like a douche.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the above. I've had good luck on swinger sites, tinder,etc with pics of me in my underwear but those are hookup sites where nobody cares about anything but looks. If you're actually looking for a relationship I'd refrain unless you could somehow work in a beach pic, or something like that, where you can show off your body without looking like a douche.
I agree! Age as well. Maybe if you're 26 and go after 18 to 25 year olds on Match (rare to see them on the good sites) that might work but mid to late 30s won't work. Older women don't care about looks nearly as much as a 21 year old.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my take on this as a guy in his late 20s who is tall and very fit.

Bathroom or gym shirtless selfies that you post on tinder or whatever really just come across as kind of douchey. Whenever I see guys doing that in the gym locker room or out in the gym it just comes across as cringe worthy. This type of behavior is more feminine and not something that grown men do. Not that you are all that old, but at your age this would be even more the case.

Now, what could work in your favor would be showing off a fit body in a non posed type of manner. For instance, you shared a photo of you on some beach in Hawaii during a recent trip. Naturally you are going to be shirtless and it shows that you have a been living your life.

With all this said, women do in fact find fit men very attractive and any that say they aren't into that are lying to you. You may in fact intimidate insecure and/or fat women by flaunting a fit body, but at the end of the day you shouldn't want that anyway haha.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I need Instagram advice. I am in my late 30s and very fit. Lean/muscular. I have abs and all that. I am proud on what I have accomplished physically by working out. I take shirtless selfies each month to track my progress. I am always torn on whether I should post one of these on Instagram or snap. Does it seem too try hard? I am fine keeping them to myself. I have come close to posting one but never do.
Why not shirtless pics of you at the beach with friends? 'Your actions must seem natural and executed with ease. Make your accomplishments seem effortless. Avoid the temptation of revealing how hard you work - it only raises questions.'

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Women always say they "hate" men with shirtless selfies at the gym, yet they're strangely attracted to it. It's been field tested enough on apps like tinder.
Do it smoothly, you post pictures of your body doing activities like beachvolley with friends etc. It looks natural and good since no one want a try hard.
This proves again what women say they want and respond to are two different things. Definately show that body of yours.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not shirtless pics of you at the beach with friends? 'Your actions must seem natural and executed with ease. Make your accomplishments seem effortless. Avoid the temptation of revealing how hard you work - it only raises questions.'
Is that from 48 Laws of Power by any chance? That book has been on my 'to-read' list for the longest time