Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"She's texting back less - should I cancel the date??"

Reaction score
It's a scenario that I've seen happen time and time again: man meets woman, man and woman exchange messages, man asks woman on date, woman says "yes" to date, man continues to text woman non-stop, woman starts to give shorter answers to man and/or waits longer to message man back... and now, man has doubts about whether or not woman still wants to go on the date. He asks himself, "should I text her and ask to cancel it?"

I've seen this question asked time and time again on numerous forums. So, I decided to answer it in this video! (Per SS rules, no advertising of any kind)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is solid advice all around.

I'll add an advanced game tip I picked up for online dating is to schedule a first "date" (meet for drinks) with these girls no more than 4 days out. Preferably 2-3. These girls have 100 messages coming at them and until you meet it is a crapshoot. If she pushes the date back to 7 days or so that is still perfectly fine to accept. I like to push the issue to get in front of their face ASAP.

After meeting the girl and establishing some in-person value, I'll retreat back into the once a week correspondence unless she reaches out prior. The high interested gals usually initiate a call or text within 48 hours after the first meeting.

Reaction score
This is solid advice all around.

I'll add an advanced game tip I picked up for online dating is to schedule a first "date" (meet for drinks) with these girls no more than 4 days out. Preferably 2-3. These girls have 100 messages coming at them and until you meet it is a crapshoot. If she pushes the date back to 7 days or so that is still perfectly fine to accept. I like to push the issue to get in front of their face ASAP.

After meeting the girl and establishing some in-person value, I'll retreat back into the once a week correspondence unless she reaches out prior. The high interested gals usually initiate a call or text within 48 hours after the first meeting.
ALL OF THIS. Most men don't know that the first day a woman is online is the best day to message her before the onslaught comes. Make the match, send a few back and forth just so she knows you're not a weirdo, then ask for the date. Boom. I've literally done it within 1 to 2 messages before - it's amazing how little time it takes for women to agree to a date if you know how to present yourself online AND have the allzbeys to actually ask them out.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a scenario that I've seen happen time and time again: man meets woman, man and woman exchange messages, man asks woman on date, woman says "yes" to date, man continues to text woman non-stop, woman starts to give shorter answers to man and/or waits longer to message man back... and now, man has doubts about whether or not woman still wants to go on the date. He asks himself, "should I text her and ask to cancel it?"

I've seen this question asked time and time again on numerous forums. So, I decided to answer it in this video! (Per SS rules, no advertising of any kind)

Good stuff here Harry, thank you for your work. You earned a new subscriber here.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Good job Harry. :up:

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
I've literally done it within 1 to 2 messages before - it's amazing how little time it takes for women to agree to a date if you know how to present yourself online AND have the allzbeys to actually ask them out.
Same here. Ive done it in two messages. The 3rd message was just to confirms some details.

We passed a few private emails a couple years ago. Good to see you are still out there.

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score

Hi Harry fantastic post.

I agree with mostly everything you've said, bottom line is why would any self respecting man take months to ask out a lady? Saying that in my younger days I have slayed a couple of women whom I was talking to for one or two months whom lived in a different city. They were highly interested and we were communicating via text regularly until we met. Although it worked in my favour, it was mostly because the women were fully aware that I was expecting a date on their return.

Certainly I don't understand why a man would self sabotage themselves and cancel a date themselves, we are in the business of getting dates not losing dates! If a woman's interest level has dropped she will flake herself. Harry, I go into detail more about flaking on my thread - tell me what you think https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/stop-giving-women-an-excuse-for-flaking.271505/

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Actually the exact opposite happens with me...I continue texting here and there leading up to the date and they become more excited to meet up.

When you aren't afraid of fvcking up and you know how to properly text and prime the pump leading up to the date, it works in your favor not against you.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think face time is a much better option than texting, it carries a very intimate undertone

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually the exact opposite happens with me...I continue texting here and there leading up to the date and they become more excited to meet up.

When you aren't afraid of fvcking up and you know how to properly text and prime the pump leading up to the date, it works in your favor not against you.
Most likely the woman already had high interest to a point where texting didn't hurt your game.

If a women has low interest, she will look for an excuse not to meet with you and suddenly those text messages will be less welcomed.

I think face time is a much better option than texting, it carries a very intimate undertone
You have to gauge it because it depends on the woman, and the generation she is in. There are some women who haven't spoken to anyone longer than 5 minutes on the phone because they're use to WhatsApp messages. You will struggle to facetime these women.

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most likely the woman already had high interest to a point where texting didn't hurt your game.

If a women has low interest, she will look for an excuse not to meet with you and suddenly those text messages will be less welcomed.

You have to gauge it because it depends on the woman, and the generation she is in. There are some women who haven't spoken to anyone longer than 5 minutes on the phone because they're use to WhatsApp messages. You will struggle to facetime these women.
Why should you be sitting and guessing her IL? Ask her out - anything other than yes or alternative day is hard next.