Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"She's Marriage Material..."

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We see the phrase(s) "She's Marriage Material" and it's many variants like "She's LTR Material" quite commonly. Heck, I know I've used at least one in my past. And the phrase just yells AFC. So now I'm curious if anyone knows of a specific origin/period for this phrase (such as a specific movie, book, etc)??? Sometimes knowing the subset of our vocabulary that is actually the result of media/socio programming goes a long way towards breaking the AFC cycle.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually happens to AFC's whenever a hottie smiles and is actually nice to them. Usually takes one conversations until they realize they have met their soulmate.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
News story of the AP:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BAD_WEDDING_JOKE?SITE=ALTAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I laughed when I read this. I guess this bride must be "Marriage Material" if the groom still decided to go through with it a few months later. I think the best part was the wedding official. He just ended it and didn't cave to her tears even in the midst of the ceremony.

Gangster Of Love said:
Usually happens to AFC's whenever a hottie smiles and is actually nice to them. Usually takes one conversations until they realize they have met their soulmate.
That's why this site has been so helpful for me, the ongoing awareness of just how much of my vocabulary is (er, was!) based on social/media based programming. Each time I read another phrase or catch myself barfing one out I laugh at how stupid it is and sounds.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, marriage material means a woman who would be faithful in a marriage, and do all the things that a proper wife should do (satisfy his sexual needs, keep her appearance as sexually attractive, cook, keep the home nice and neat, attend to children's needs, etc.) without being drama queen or otherwise disagreebale to her husband.

Of course, it seems that when someone says that a woman is marriage material, it just means that she does not want to pay the field any longer because her age and degredation or lack of looks have put her in a category where quality men don't find her so desirable, so she figures she must catch one now before it becomes too late.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think of the term as simply meaning an overall very high quality woman; not just in the area of looks.

The term does carry meaning not expressed by other terms. (OP), don't be so quick to brand every common expression as an attempt by the masses to make AFCs of all of us.

cpddavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't just meet a woman and say that. You have to know her for a little bit to even have a clue as to whether she's girlfriend, much less marriage material. They'll fool you too. You think they are but they have a different nature. Its insane.

cpddavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
That said, I've said it more times than I should have. But that's what happens when you really love girls. You see the best bits, and damn the torpedoes!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's hot, rich, and obsessed with me seem to be my base requirements for dating. After that it starts getting complicated because I'm not easy to please, especially if it's going to be long term.