"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

She seems interested, but...

vincent vega

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
There's a girl that I have a class with that seems to be real interested in me. However, despite her obvious interest she conspicuously mentions that she has a boyfriend when she talks to her friends nearby.

This really baffles me, as from the moment she met me she practically threw herself at me and continuously displayed high interest. This is one of the only times when the girl has been more interested in me than I am in her. I was talking to someone earlier about this and they said that she might be testing my reaction to her having a boyfriend, like to see if I get jealous. That sounds kinda like a load of BS to me.

Any ideas about what the hell she could mean by all this?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Supero Masculus

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
In reality
Sounds like it is one of those get the fwck over it moments. I am currently in a very similar situation. She has a BF but hes a pvssy and she is getting bored as hell. So whenever she sees me she practically attacks me. If she's interested and she has a BF, all that really means is that, HE IS BORING HER.
 

vincent vega

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Oh yeah, also today the girl's friend was teasing her by telling me and everyone else at our table that the girl told her and her friends that she liked me while I was gone on Friday.(wow,what a confusing sentence)The girl was actively denying it and trying not to look at me, which I took as a good sign for some reason.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Okay, she likes you.

What the hell do you care what she says? Her 'boyfriend' is most definatly just a test, most likely to incline you to act because she can't (because she's taken). Regardless, just a test.
 
Top