I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.
The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.
Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.
Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.
Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers. Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.
I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.
Why?I cannot say "how are you" "what do you think of this pub etc". I get stuck.
I already know her a bit. It sounds boring saying that.Why?
So you don't care to get to know anyone but they can ask you questions, get to know you and carry the entire conversation? Sounds kind of selfish to meI already know her a bit. It sounds boring saying that.
I just get stuck on things to say or how to make a conversation.
Even with my friends I just there quiet and just ask general questions about 'how's work' 'what you up to' and my friend talks to me too.
So most of the time I sit there quiet.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
You sound really boring. I had a friend like that, just sitting there saying nothing. Yawn. Either get better at having light hearted conversations and not being a boring mute or dont expect to have success with women.I already know her a bit. It sounds boring saying that.
I just get stuck on things to say or how to make a conversation.
Even with my friends I just there quiet and just ask general questions about 'how's work' 'what you up to' and my friend talks to me too.
So most of the time I sit there quiet.
Aside from the common conversation starters you already know like:I already know her a bit. It sounds boring saying that.
I just get stuck on things to say or how to make a conversation.
Even with my friends I just there quiet and just ask general questions about 'how's work' 'what you up to' and my friend talks to me too.
So most of the time I sit there quiet.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
You can choose to talk a little more. Improve at small talk. But the best bet is to switch her out for a babe who LIKES the amount you talk.So at the bar last week I was with my friends cousin and she kept saying 'I'm too quiet'.
I was just sitting there quiet.
I cannot say "how are you" "what do you think of this pub etc". I get stuck.
Just take your time. Improve the skill. Do it for yourself. Not her. I predict this one will be gone anyways. Make it your secret project.Thank you all for your comments, suggestions and advice.
I'll look into the books some of your have mentioned such as 'how to win friends and influence people' and also other books I've researched such as 'how to talk to people' 'how to win friends'.
I'll take all what is mentioned on board and advance my conversation skills from all of your suggestions and advice.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
+1Always do the opposite of what a lady says. Quiet isn't nessarily bad, as long as you keep yourself mysterious and aloof. There's a big difference between mysterious and aloof and anti-social and awkward. Make sure you are not the later.
Silence can be a great way to make the other talk and gather information.I'm naturally more introverted and spend a lot of time not saying much of anything around people. My mind isn't blank, I'm generally in a state of chronic deep thought or I am actually listening to what the other person has to say.
From my experience, people that are uncomfortable around those who are quiet are often insecure. The silence makes them feel uncomfortable, though I'm not particularly sure why. I think to some they feel as if you are judging them or if you aren't really all that interested in what they have to say. I personally feel that some people are so uncomfortable with themselves, their own thoughts, etc. that they cannot be in a position where self reflection may occur....so their response is to babble on and on about random stuff.
Interesting. I have a few theories on this...I'm naturally more introverted and spend a lot of time not saying much of anything around people. My mind isn't blank, I'm generally in a state of chronic deep thought or I am actually listening to what the other person has to say, which is shocking lol. I actually listen to people and will later recite something they mentioned to me.
For example, a while ago there was a girl at my gym that I had spoken to a few times. Anyway, during one conversation she mentioned her birthday was coming up and all that. I later asked her how it went and she reacted in a startled manner by asking me how I knew it was her birthday. I simply said "because you told me" lol. People are so unused to those who actually listen it makes them uncomfortable lol.
From my experience, people that are uncomfortable around those who are quiet are often insecure. The silence makes them feel uncomfortable, though I'm not particularly sure why. I think to some they feel as if you are judging them or if you aren't really all that interested in what they have to say. I personally feel that some people are so uncomfortable with themselves, their own thoughts, etc. that they cannot be in a position where self reflection may occur....so their response is to babble on and on about random stuff.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.