Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She rejected me, but still tries to control me instead of being indifferent.

Grasshopper85

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Can't say I am 'new' to the forums. I've been reading here on and off for some time, but finally decided to register. Mostly because I am caught up in a situation I just cannot wrap my head around, but would definately like to understand for future reference so to speak.

To be clear and honest. While I did somewhere fck up with this girl I am not looking for advice how to get her back. Truth is that I indeed did get a little crush but realise that even if I can reattract her I know it's never gonna work out in a way that actually will make me feel good. Rather worse. So I walked away, and plan on being very congruent with that. Yet the current situation keeps bothering me.

So I met this girl at work. Didnt have much interest in her at first but coworkers clearly pick up all kind of signs that she is interested in me ( I didnt really pay attention). All I know is she is having a boyfriend and are looking for a place to start living together. So fast forwarding basically by accident we start hanging out and have fun. I learn she broke up with her boyfriend and the LTR (almost 5 years) was quite abusive. We hook up at our 2nd 'date' and I know I am being set up as the rebound. She also straight away told me that she has no regrets of hooking up, that she wants to spend time with me but that I should not expect anything. She claims she is an emotional wreck. Well, who wouldnt be after a long abusive relationship, right? I am cool with that, hang back and make sure I don't get too invested.

It actually works. She gets invested more and more, shows all kinds of ioi's, we keep hanging out and hooking up. She initiates most of it and even gets out of her way to be with me. She clearly gets more attached to me. She is making plans with her friends to 'double date', etc. etc. Yes, she has her 'cold' periods, mostly the day right after we hook up, but I just let her come and go as she pleases. No biggie. Than, texbook stuff, from one day on another she is really upset, and doesnt want me to kiss her anymore. She claims things are moving too fast, she isnt ready for this, etc.

So I think, ok, no biggie. Most probably there is another dude in the picture, or her ex is, or both, or I still pressured her somehow, or a combination of those. In any case I did manage to screw up somewhere and lower my value. Sucks, but it's how it is. So I give her space, LOTS of it.

This created a very tense situation at work. Her avoiding me and all kinds of negative energy. That affected me, and I didn't like it. So after a few weeks I decided to meet up with her. Not to reattract, but just hoping to clear the air and be able to continue as collegues w/o all the negative bull****. First time I ask she ignores the actual question but puts quite some effort in sparking a convo, I leave it be for a week. Then try again, she is clear she does want to meet up but wishy washy about setting a definate date so I tell her to contact me again if she has more certainty. 1 day later she wants to set the date on one of the days she was wishy washy about and we meet up.

So here I start being confused. I mean if she truly didn't want to meet up, she could have just left it at that. But any way, wanting to meet up has nothing to with romantic interest, so nothing to speculate about really.

We meet up, have loads of fun but I notice the following: She keeps negging me all the f.cking time. I got a bit fed up with this **** and called her out on it. She then says she 'needs to lower my ego', that I am 'too ****ey' and all other kinds of things I learned chicks basically say when you are confident in their eyes (but maybe I am mistaken). I am like wtf, I thought my value dropped so farking much, and now you are talking about my ego etc. I playfully confront her with the fact that I think her 'acting tough' and having a 'big mouth' is just an act and it doesnt suit her. Mind you, I was truly fed up with this **** and it also started to feel as 'dominance test' I didn't really felt like dealing with.

Anyway, after our hangout I decide to go for the kiss. I mean the overall vibe was a lot of fun and I wanted to be sure the previous rejection was not a 'situational' one. She rejected my kiss and I told her I am glad we talked, but that this should be the end then. We never been 'friends' and I have no interest in that. I told her I did have interest in being her lover but that I understand she is not ready for this.

And now at work, she is still going out of her way to get my attention, is again constantly negging me and throwing all kinds of things that basically scream 'compliance test' and 'dominance test'. Obviously I just let it slide and don't acknowledge her bs. Untill it gets disrespectfull, then I call her out on it. But yes, it bugs me. Basically I thought I was at the point where I fcked up somehow and another dude 'took over' the rebound function. While this still may be the case, why does this girl keep trying do get control over me instead of just being indifferent?

Last edited:

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At this point, she just wants your attention and has no intention of f*cking you. She's enjoying toying with you and watching you squirm.

It's part of the reason why one shouldn't date at work. It makes it hard to make a clean break when things go south because you have to see their face almost all the time.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
This b!tches doesn't respect you. She is also an emotionally abusive c*nt.

Not sure why you want anything to do with her. Entertaining a sh!tty person because you want to f*ck them is the mark of a weak man. She is a piece of sh!t. Stop acting like her opinions matter.

Start f*cking other woman and spinning plates. You are better than her and you deserve to be respected as a man. Act like it.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
She just wants you as an orbiter. Get another woman ASAP. The one you spoke about isn't that attractive at all. When you get a new woman, you'll realize that.

Case closed.

Grasshopper85

Reaction score
So basically, as I understand, somewhere I fckd up and she lost all respect. I agree with you guys that this girl is not worth my time nor effort. That's also why I said I am walking away and moving on.

The whole situation just keeps me thinking however. See, i don't give her the time of day in the last 5 weeks. (besides the 1 meet up). She has LOTS of guys jumping the bait and trying to get in her pants. Most probably some (or most) of them are beta as fck and give her all the validation she wants. Why does she keep putting so much effort in this. Just leave me the fark alone.

Anyway, I'll just continue to ignore her attempts and let it slide. Not much more I can do anyway, since I indeed do have to see her face every day and cannot make a clean break.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
`I would avoid this girl and move on. If she was in an abusive relationship for 5 years, Then that is what she is used to. To keep her you would have to be an abusive as shole. She is damaged goods. Eventually she might change her thinking but who the h ell wants to wait for that?

Find women that are attracted to you and spend energy on them. You just wern't a big enough as shole. Move along.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this situation is almost 100% identical to mine. Even the emotional baggage part and the fact that a lot of pvssified dudes were trying to get in her pants and she let me instead (hahaha!); only difference is that she never said that we were moving too fast (because I slowed things down on purpose), she wanted to end it fore different reasons, and she never had a 5 year LTR either (but did have abusive relationships and stuff).

I had to take off from work because of school and such and haven't gone back since so I haven't dealt with any of the BS that you are dealing with at work. However, I know that she will either do what your girl is doing to you right now or she will not talk to me at all and completely ignore me. Why is this exactly?

The others have already stated it. She wants you as an orbiter. This is because it would make her feel better to have power over someone else who she once gaver herself to. Right now she wants to feel like queen bee because she thinks she wants to confirm her belief that she is better than you and all other men. She isn't but if you submit it will confirm her belief of that. You are not giving in though so props to you bro. Besides, you already know what to do and are doing it too:
Anyway, I'll just continue to ignore her attempts and let it slide.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I learn she broke up with her boyfriend and the LTR (almost 5 years) was quite abusive."

Is getting into a relationship with with an experienced abusive tolerating girl make you a white knight in a way? For example, a girl that has been in an abusive relationship ends up with a guy that is going to treat her right.
A lot of times women like this will end up ABUSING the white knight.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically, as I understand, somewhere I fckd up and she lost all respect. I agree with you guys that this girl is not worth my time nor effort. That's also why I said I am walking away and moving on.

The whole situation just keeps me thinking however. See, i don't give her the time of day in the last 5 weeks. (besides the 1 meet up). She has LOTS of guys jumping the bait and trying to get in her pants. Most probably some (or most) of them are beta as fck and give her all the validation she wants. Why does she keep putting so much effort in this. Just leave me the fark alone.

Anyway, I'll just continue to ignore her attempts and let it slide. Not much more I can do anyway, since I indeed do have to see her face every day and cannot make a clean break.
As fvcked up as this might sound if she is used to being physically abused, she might be wanting to see how much she can get away with before you will do it...

Or it's her way of getting "revenge" on guys by abusing them and turning the tables.

She's fvcked in the head, just ignore her and go on about your business.

Grasshopper85

Reaction score
Thnx guys. This is exactly what I needed to hear. All of you are completely right, and it makes me easier to really let go and move on.