Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She calls me to tell me she's engaged

Chlarence

Don Juan
Reaction score
My EX did exactly the same 12 months ago but via text message. Obviously I didn't reply, I couldn't give a fcuk.

She also called my sister to tell her how she was proposed to while on holiday in Australia.

Some women eh!! :rolleyes:

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry but I just read this today. But Prosemont is right, I was in your shoes back in college and I tried to hitch it uo with an old flame. and the night I graduated I acted like a first class jerk to her. In this case it was totally overboard for her, but not for me...Well anyways that's Hist.

I called two days later and she told me the same thing, "Uh Rollo wat are you calling for I'm engaged." I was shocked, I mean I saw bright lights. I couldn't even get the words out. I was through. But years later, I realized she lied. She knew what could totally take my heart and crush it.

Listen to these guys man..they won't steer you wrong.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No sh#t....

Well she's called and IM'd me on a few occasions since...

and each time I've just told her that I'm off to a meeting - or going to lunch etc. etc. etc.

she's tried to pin me down and find out why I'm not calling her - and I just had to tell her that there is no point in keeping in contact....

didn't go down well...

"After 5 yrs with someone you'd think there would me more substance to your relationship than this" was her reply...

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because

She's painted herself into a corner so to speak. I mean she can't turn back now and say she lied, because her pride won't let her say shewas wrong in taking it there. IF she is lying then, she's got to tell another on to get herself out of it to try and save face.
I'm willing to bet at this point you're probably not even feeling her. And I'm sure if she told you she lied that you'd probably be feeling her even less.

It's whack. A man of integrity would never go that far as too make a woman's interest rise, I would think. It's like the Bugs & daffy cartoon where Daffy wants the audiences attention and his trick is to drink Nitro Glycerine, TNT, and a match. BOOM! He blows up. Crowd goes wild, Bugs congratulates him...but Daffy knows that it's a one time thing. You can't follow-up. A coup de gra(?), Grande Finale..

Forget about it. Move on. I never got over it at first but I eventually macked it out my system. She lied, look down on HER for that. Who said it had to come to this? Just show her she can't have her cake and eat it too, with you. Hell no. You're not second fiddle. You play it to NO ONE. Still It sucks. You'll live through it. But that's a part of the package deal if being a man. Some of them do get a away, whether by your mistake or their selfish act.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Furthermore...

You need to really call her out on her bluff. Seriously. Don't keep taking body shots like this. As a fighter, you have already been through the worst round. Stand and dish it out. Ask her "why is she calling you? Aren't you engaged? Tell her you're busy. It's just that simple. Be direct and forward. Tell her that the relationship as it was is over. Because it is. What are you going too do be piping some dudes so called fiance? Besides she's bought and paid for. She made her bed and is miserably lying in it. And misery loves company.

Get up off the convas, son. Keep your chin up and clap back. That's all. Grab your nutz and realize you don't want this one. She's still manipulating you whether she's engaged or not.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you've nothing to worry about there.

For sure I was a dope on a couple of occasions... but that's all done and gone now.

I know for sure she's engaged and getting married this summer. She lives out of town, but I happened to run into her, her fiance and he Gran - looking for wedding locations down the road from me. Funny - I was driving passed and they were getting out of the car.

When she got back home, she IM'd me - asking me if I saw her and if I saw her fiance - like I was supposed to be impressed or something...

"oh yeah - I think so, he was that scrawny looking guy right?"..

LOL... something else that didn't go down well.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..

It's not going to go well when emotions are involved.

A saying I always stick with is:

"You cant fuk and fight, and then be friends."- T. Baker

He was right. It takes time for things to simmer down. Right now you're still emotionally attached. Give it time.

Until then go out and meet a new friend. And don't confuse the two.

Demodulate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had something similar happen.. called an ex, she was my first love, after her father died to give her my condolences.. we talked for awhile, and eventually told me she was engaged... I was a little upset at first, but it was the final closure I needed with her.

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
Just got off the phone with the ex...

She called me to tell me that she's engaged...

Don't know how I feel....

mixed emotions.

It was weird because it was some flirting going on there...

Well good luck to her... I knew it was comming - even so it's still emotional.
Sounds to me she called to tell you, "Nya nya, see I can get someone else."

I woulda responded with something like, "Kissed a frog, hey?"

-Al

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"you can meet for some meaningless sex."

Newman I don't know how many times I've told you this in the past but that ex of yours is EVIL man!!

Stop placing her on that pedestal in your mind. This phone call from her is a big flashing sign for you dude. SHE's NOT THE PERFECT WOMAN THAT YOU THOUGHT SHE WAS!!!! And don't tell me that you aren't idolizing your ex because alot of your posts all come back to the fact that these new women in your life don't measure up to her. You probably still fantasize about her when you jerk off. Sad.

Any chick who is talking with her ex about having sex especially after she's told you she just got engaged is bad news. Consider yourself lucky you got rid of her when you did.

If for some strange reason you and her were to get back together
you wouldn't be happy and you know it.. Not with the things you know now. You'd see her for exactly what she is. Bad news.

So quit with the road blocks, etc. that you are putting on your current relationships. You're living in the past and that isn't good.

Good luck

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry but I just read this today
Firstly, just wanted to point out, that I didn't bring back this post. A few people have asked me this - so just wanted to put it out there.

Secondly - you are all right.

for a while there, I was still pinning after this chick - but that is all in the past.

having said that, Slikster does bring up a very good point:

So quit with the road blocks, etc. that you are putting on your current relationships. You're living in the past and that isn't good
I think to some extent I've being doing just that....

but not because I want her back - or that I think about her every day...

But I admit I have a tendancy to compare women to her.....

which I've got to stop doing.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My bad bro

Just give it some time.