"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Sexual tension between new partner and her friend

Avocadow

Don Juan
Joined
May 12, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
What do you do if you perceive there is sexual tension between woman you are dating and her male flatmate?

How do you know that is the case or just own fears projecting ?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Not knowing you or witnessing the situation, this would be difficult to conclude.

Here are some things to consider:

Before meeting him (but knowing that she had a male roommate) did this make you feel uneasy or slightly insecure? I ask because this might lead to projecting. Speaking of "projecting"... have you had a male/female living situation that evolved into something sexual?

If you are clear on the above, then it's possible that your hunch may be more probable.

Assuming that you've slept with her at her place, how does he react around you after the deed? This might also provide a clue.
 

Avocadow

Don Juan
Joined
May 12, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
Not knowing you or witnessing the situation, this would be difficult to conclude.

Here are some things to consider:

Before meeting him (but knowing that she had a male roommate) did this make you feel uneasy or slightly insecure? I ask because this might lead to projecting. Speaking of "projecting"... have you had a male/female living situation that evolved into something sexual?

If you are clear on the above, then it's possible that your hunch may be more probable.

Assuming that you've slept with her at her place, how does he react around you after the deed? This might also provide a clue.
I have had situations when my gut feeling was correct although never before in that context.

He acts politely although never initiates conversation with me. Their connection felt effortless and happy by comparison.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I have had situations when my gut feeling was correct although never before in that context.
He acts politely although never initiates conversation with me. Their connection felt effortless and happy by comparison.
This one seems a bit tough to crack. Though quite different, I'll share the closest similar experience that I encountered.
When I first started dating a particular girl, she had an incredible bond with this gay guy. In my company, he'd tell "inside jokes" (something or someone they knew about, but I didn't). He could get her to laugh a lot and like yourself, this guy never initiated conversation with me. Although the guy was 100% gay, these two did act like they could have been in some relationship. There were times that I felt like a "third wheel" and I suspect that you know what I'm saying.

Eventually, I did end up taking this girl's virginity. And while, this might seem to suggest that the above was all in my head, it wasn't. I suspect that the gay guy was jealous of me occupying her time. Perhaps in his eyes, I was taking away his friend. She probably didn't think much of it because.. he was after all, gay.

Although the above may not seem to apply to your situation, maybe it does. Could it be that the roommate does like her, but like the gay guy I mentioned above, it's a situation that is just not going to happen. Could be that he's jealous and attempting some sort of "wedge" between you and your girl. And your girl might enjoy the attention from him... but doesn't consider this threatening at all.

Again, I don't know your situation, but the above might be another example to consider.

---- Also, look around the apartment. Who owns most of the furniture? Was it originally his place? I knew a guy that let a girl stay at his place because he liked her and he hoped she'd come around to liking him. He went out of his way to make her feel comfortable (he paid more than half of the expenses). She was fine with this arrangement, and it never went beyond roommate and friendship.
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
3,423
Reaction score
2,637
This one seems a bit tough to crack. Though quite different, I'll share the closest similar experience that I encountered.
When I first started dating a particular girl, she had an incredible bond with this gay guy. In my company, he'd tell "inside jokes" (something or someone they knew about, but I didn't). He could get her to laugh a lot and like yourself, this guy never initiated conversation with me. Although the guy was 100% gay, these two did act like they could have been in some relationship. There were times that I felt like a "third wheel" and I suspect that you know what I'm saying.

Eventually, I did end up taking this girl's virginity. And while, this might seem to suggest that the above was all in my head, it wasn't. I suspect that the gay guy was jealous of me occupying her time. Perhaps in his eyes, I was taking away his friend. She probably didn't think much of it because.. he was after all, gay.

Although the above may not seem to apply to your situation, maybe it does. Could it be that the roommate does like her, but like the gay guy I mentioned above, it's a situation that is just not going to happen. Could be that he's jealous and attempting some sort of "wedge" between you and your girl. And your girl might enjoy the attention from him... but doesn't consider this threatening at all.

Again, I don't know your situation, but the above might be another example to consider.

---- Also, look around the apartment. Who owns most of the furniture? Was it originally his place? I knew a guy that let a girl stay at his place because he liked her and he hoped she'd come around to liking him. He went out of his way to make her feel comfortable (he paid more than half of the expenses). She was fine with this arrangement, and it never went beyond roommate and friendship.
If her roommate is a heterosexual it is very likely that he likes her and secretly hopes he will get her , otherwise he would not have accepted to stay with her in the first place

I had opportunities to share apartments with girls but I never went with it because it just felt wired to have a woman around in my home that I have no business with
 

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
Sounds right thank you. Bit tricky during these festivities but will slow my interest down.
If you’ve been dating for only a short period of time, then this is the wrong move. Not that I’m sure there’s a “right” one anyway...

But as to your question—always trust your gut instinct. It’s always right. Well, at least 99.999% of the time.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
What do you do if you perceive there is sexual tension between woman you are dating and her male flatmate?

How do you know that is the case or just own fears projecting ?
You don't have exclusive ltr with said girl.
 
Top