"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Setting dates vs. Spur of the moment

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
what do you guys think. Are you more into making plans with a girl and setting up a definite date, Or just giving her a call when your bored and seeing if she wants to hang out?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
3,696
Location
Mile High City, USA
I love being spontaneous and many girls say they like being spontaneous in OLD profiles, but very few follow through. My guess is if you call/text them for a day-of date, they'll say "no" just so they don't look too available. Especially if you don't know her well or only have been out a few times.

As Glass said though, never hurts to try. I have had it work a few times.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
If you are going to try to get a chick out that day, just simply say something along the lines of:

"I actually have a rare free (Monday) evening. I'm going to go to ________ place and grab a drink at 8. Why dont you join me"

That's it........does not show total availability and I get a good response from it. It works on chicks I just met as well as chicks in my rotation (who already know that I AM really that busy.)

Saturday morning I got a friend request from a chick on fb. She is maxed out at 5k friends so we had quite a few mutual friends. I sent her a quick message after accepting her friend request, chatted just a little. After a few messages I sent "I'm currently driving. Shoot me your number ". She did, I called her while driving. After 5 minutes of talking I said "I actually have a rare free evening tonight bc a friend of mine who I was supposed to meet up with has the flu. Why dont you get free and join me for a drink".

She told me that she had a bday party to attend at 5:30 that evening. I told her she could let me know if she wanted to meet afterwards, if not we could figure out another day once I figured out when I could get free again.

She told me she would let me know.

About an hour later I get a text from her "if you're still free this evening, when and where do you wan to go?"
Ended up being a pretty good date.

So its very possible.

There is always the chance of a chick backing out no matter if it's the same day or a week out.

Just shoot your shot, act cool either way and go forward based on her actions.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
If you are going to try to get a chick out that day, just simply say something along the lines of:

"I actually have a rare free (Monday) evening. I'm going to go to ________ place and grab a drink at 8. Why dont you join me"

That's it........does not show total availability and I get a good response from it. It works on chicks I just met as well as chicks in my rotation (who already know that I AM really that busy.)

Saturday morning I got a friend request from a chick on fb. She is maxed out at 5k friends so we had quite a few mutual friends. I sent her a quick message after accepting her friend request, chatted just a little. After a few messages I sent "I'm currently driving. Shoot me your number ". She did, I called her while driving. After 5 minutes of talking I said "I actually have a rare free evening tonight bc a friend of mine who I was supposed to meet up with has the flu. Why dont you get free and join me for a drink".

She told me that she had a bday party to attend at 5:30 that evening. I told her she could let me know if she wanted to meet afterwards, if not we could figure out another day once I figured out when I could get free again.

She told me she would let me know.

About an hour later I get a text from her "if you're still free this evening, when and where do you wan to go?"
Ended up being a pretty good date.

So its very possible.

There is always the chance of a chick backing out no matter if it's the same day or a week out.

Just shoot your shot, act cool either way and go forward based on her actions.
That’s good shyt :up:
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
11,418
I've tried the "spontaneous" date, and more often than not I would get accused of being a player and some other girl must have cancelled on me at the last minute. It raised their biatch defenses.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I've tried the "spontaneous" date, and more often than not I would get accused of being a player and some other girl must have cancelled on me at the last minute. It raised their biatch defenses.
Funny.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I've tried the "spontaneous" date, and more often than not I would get accused of being a player and some other girl must have cancelled on me at the last minute. It raised their biatch defenses.
You seem such a sharp dude, that it would cause many to try to make you a "player" in their mind.

So my opinion on the matter. There are 168 hrs in a week. It's 99% likely she does not work 80+ hrs a week. And even then she will find several slivers of 1-2 hrs periods of time for a guy she REALLY wants to spend time with. I'd rather be that guy she REALLY wants to spend time with. I'm not squeezing in anyones schedule to blow their heads up. Not me. I'm not waiting in line, and I'm really not going to feel that I'm being rotated either. If I am it better be so minor that it doesn't annoy me.

So that's how it goes. Deal with females who DESIRE you and appreciate your time.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
You seem such a sharp dude, that it would cause many to try to make you a "player" in their mind.

So my opinion on the matter. There are 168 hrs in a week. It's 99% likely she does not work 80+ hrs a week. And even then she will find several slivers of 1-2 hrs periods of time for a guy she REALLY wants to spend time with. I'd rather be that guy she REALLY wants to spend time with. I'm not squeezing in anyones schedule to blow their heads up. Not me. I'm not waiting in line, and I'm really not going to feel that I'm being rotated either. If I am it better be so minor that it doesn't annoy me.

So that's how it goes. Deal with females who DESIRE you and appreciate your time.
Besides, the bother and blow up the phone and STALK and try to trap the guys they want to pound their brains out.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
Besides, the bother and blow up the phone and STALK and try to trap the guys they want to pound their brains out.
I had one girl that I broke up with. A few days later I was laying on my couch watching a movie. And she texted me “why are all your lights on”. It really creeped me out. Because I looked around and sure enough all my lights were on. I’ll always remember that one.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I had one girl that I broke up with. A few days later I was laying on my couch watching a movie. And she texted me “why are all your lights on”. It really creeped me out. Because I looked around and sure enough all my lights were on. I’ll always remember that one.
She might have a neighbor watching you.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
She might have a neighbor watching you.
i mean it’s fun when a chick gets a bit stalkery. You know. Like creeping your Facebook or something haha. Then you smash them. But when it gets to the level of this one, you know you screwed up in selection.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
i mean it’s fun when a chick gets a bit stalkery. You know. Like creeping your Facebook or something haha. Then you smash them. But when it gets to the level of this one, you know you screwed up in selection.
With the "f" word alot of them are doing it.
 

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
Glassguy is on point.

This only works when you are doing something anyway and you are inviting her to come with you. If she senses you have nothing to do it lowers your value, or she can also think that your date got cancelled and she's your backup which isn't good as well.

Unless she's a plate you see regular for sex.
 

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
Wanted to add this as well, if she turns you down 2-3 times you are now chasing her.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top