Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sermon against leaving messages

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many people here preach against leaving messages the first time you call her but what happens if the girl never return your call later? Do we call her back, hoping she'll pick-up and if not, leave a message?

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been wondering this same thing....

I also say leave a message on first time call. I've been back out in the scene and doing the whole getting numbers things and when I call and just hang up I get that AFC feeling back that I'm hiding or fearing something. Where as acting like a man, I make a call and since my time and actions are important I am going to leave a message that I called. I don't fvck around, why play phone games.

Its also important on how you leave a message. Be prepared. Plan on what to say if she picks up or if you get voicemail.

I called a first timer and didn't leave a message, a couple days later I tried again and decided to leave a message, not asking her to call back just that I couldn't get a hold of her and have a good weekend. She texts back days later that she was really busy with school and will be out at the bars and wants to hang out. Not the best thing going, but if I didn't leave a message then she would not even be on the radar screen, but now at least she's on the back burner. I will see her out again, so I don't think that it was a mistake to leave a message. Also, she's in her last year of college, probably 21 or 22 and I turn 36 this weekend. :)

I'm willing to hear some good reasons not to leave a message. But I've asked other PUA friends of varying degrees of DJness and they all say to leave a message. I think its all how you leave the message. Don't throw the ball into her court by asking her to call you back.

When I leave a message, I'll say that I'll try back later. Then call once more about a week later. If she doen't pick up then leave one more message saying its too bad we couldn't get in touch and maybe you'll see her out sometime again. Then don't call back. Don't expect her to call you back on the first phone call, so don't bother leaving your number. If she doesn't get a hold of you then she's not interested. I also haven't turned off my outgoing #, so she will know my number when I called, I know this isn't recommended either, but the more ways to make it more difficult to get a hold of me the less success.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before caller I.D., I was of the opinion of leaving no message. Now they know you called either way and if you don't leave a message, it's kind of creepy.

I leave a short message, that's it.

Caller I.D. changed the whole phone game, IMO.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said:

"I know many people here preach against leaving messages the first time you call her but what happens if the girl never return your call later? Do we call her back, hoping she'll pick-up and if not, leave a message?"

Answer: NO. Not only NO, but HELL NO!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
Before caller I.D., I was of the opinion of leaving no message. Now they know you called either way and if you don't leave a message, it's kind of creepy.

I leave a short message, that's it.

Caller I.D. changed the whole phone game, IMO.
Thanks. I think the Holy DJ Bible needs to be updated to balance the current technological developments.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
You said:

"I know many people here preach against leaving messages the first time you call her but what happens if the girl never return your call later? Do we call her back, hoping she'll pick-up and if not, leave a message?"

Answer: NO. Not only NO, but HELL NO!
Read the DJV Bible, you'll notice this passage is written clearly in there. I'm not making it up.

Last edited:

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus_Decimus said:
BTW Amoka, when you get better at the game, you will realize the DJ Bible may not be the best source of material available. Rather than reading the DJ Bible and taking the information in "blindly," use your own head and think through whether the information in the DJ Bible is good information or poor information.

Being able to analyze information on your own and learning from it is more important than vacuuming up information "blindly." You may meet men out there that are very good at picking up women ... unless they are close friends of yours, they likely won't tell you how they are doing it. It's up to you to figure out what makes them "tick" and why they are so successful.

Maximus_Decimus
Thanks.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why waste your time chasing someone who is too disinterested and/or high maintenance to call back anyway?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMFG, you guys are letting changes in technology dictate how you interact with women? WTF is going on here?!!

You guys are calling her for a reason right? If you go to voice mail, fvcking say why you called and tell her to call you back! What are you guys afraid of anyway?

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Fransico.

When you call and leave a message not asking her to call you back, the reason you're not asking her to call you back, is to protect your own ego.

You're already setting yourself up for failure because you're feeling she really won't call you back, you're just hoping against hope that she will.

We all know how flakey women are, even if their interest is high. They go from A to B then C to G then skip to Z and on to N, whereas us guys are A to B to C or logical in that department.

Rocky, i'm surprised this younger girl called you back. You were acting very passively and most girls in this age group i know wouldn't have texted you back.

If you respect yourself, then you'll tell her to call you back because you're worth calling back, and if she don't ..ditch her azz, not worth your time or effort.

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tmpgstx said:

Rocky, i'm surprised this younger girl called you back. You were acting very passively and most girls in this age group i know wouldn't have texted you back.

I"m a little surprised too since I didn't do the the phone call too smooth. But I had the supreme phone close, another dude started hitting on her and I thought my chances were shot, but no thats AFC thinking, I went up, interupted them and told her she better give me her number right now because I was leaving. Later that week, my bud saw her out at the bars and she asked about me. So I didn't worry so much about the phone game as just wanting to get a hold of her. I'll let you know how it pans out, Friday I'll call her and tell her where I'll be, she will follow. She knows where its at. :D

XFactor

Reaction score
I leave a brief message and only call once, not only because she may have caller ID anyway but if shes really keen on you she will call you back! And if she doesn't call you back..... Next.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tmpgstx said:
...When you call and leave a message not asking her to call you back, the reason you're not asking her to call you back, is to protect your own ego.

You're already setting yourself up for failure because you're feeling she really won't call you back, you're just hoping against hope that she will....
Bravo! :up:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
XFactor said:
I leave a brief message and only call once, not only because she may have caller ID anyway but if shes really keen on you she will call you back! And if she doesn't call you back..... Next.
It's just that simple. :up: