Seriously: This pvssified forum is at an all time low - A little history lesson

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the 5 years I have been reading and occasionally posting here, there always pops up a thread where someone is complaining about how crappy the forum has gotten, and "what happened to the good old days?"

Yes, there was a golden era of this site when most of the Bible was formed, and there were a lot fewer posts, and most of these had significant importance. Then there was a time a couple years ago where some of the old timers who were still around started getting discouraged with the younger guys asking too many dumb questions, and/or giving advice with no experience.

This, with many liked and not so liked banned members lead to yet another offshoot of this forum called Next Level Game. This was an invite only branch off from this site made up mostly of posters who had something worthy to offer, and were tired of this place. I was invited there for reasons I wont go into, and NLG faded away as most of us realized posting a lot on forums is totally lame. No one was posting much, because they had lives.

Now what we have here is such a pathetic degenerated group that all they can do is make threads asking complete mundane crap like what to buy her on our 1 week anniversary.

My role on these forums has often been finding humorous ways to point out the obvious and hope you get it, such as my recent thread, "Help, what should a DJ eat for breakfast?" It is to the point where I have to just say it bluntly and harshly.

You guys need to step it up on stop trying to make everyone your baby sitter and decide for you what you should do and say. If this is truly the level you are at, you do not belong here. To get the few benefits this place still has to offer, you have to be at a certain level.

Pissed off and ready to battle your failures is better than shrugging and mumbling and apologizing for your existence. As one of the older guys here, 34, I'm looking at these spineless kids, who are the future of this country, and it's depressing. It's like you guys are so spoiled and have had your mom wash your clothes for so long you couldn't even microwave a fvcking burrito if you had to. I hate to say it, but some of you would be better off joining the army than lurking around here.

All this enabling isn't helping you. So dont take it personally when I am a d!ck in your thread. You need the reprimanding, badly.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thread where someone is complaining about how crappy the forum has gotten, and "what happened to the good old days?"

so let me get this straight... your complaining about the forum about others who complain about the forum?

londonzen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mate if i see a post with a silly headline i scan than just ignore it u should do the same

Ronnie Poleman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true that posting too much on forums to the point where it takes you off course from going out and meeting people is not cool, but this site has helped a lot of people with things like the DJ Bible, and it can be used as a way of meeting wingmen if they are in the same city etc, so sites like SoSuave should definitely stay.

The quality of posts has diminished so, what do you guys propose to improve SoSuave? Perhaps encourage advice giving rather than asking silly obvious questions that have been answered elsewhere? Maybe improved quality control, so admin are more vigilant of threads which are of low quality, or even trolling posts (this one is a clear example http://sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173823 , why is it still active?)

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the d!ck out of your mouth buddy, we can't make out what you're saying.

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
more like take the d!ck outa your pvssy. Im sick of it too, and guilty of some of it I will admit. But a lotta guys on here need to man up.

I used to think fraternities and hazing was really gay sh*t, but I realize now that its too turn little pvssies into men by embarrassing the **** outa them to not give a **** and realize nobody really cares about your stupid mistakes.

tiger woods just got caught banging twenty woman, was a big deal for a couple weeks, anybody talking about it anymore? no. the world keeps turning.

this forum should be more like a frat.

Reaction score
The History, The Problems, The Solutions

Mistic says,

Over the 5 years I have been reading and occasionally posting here, there always pops up a thread where someone is complaining about how crappy the forum has gotten, and "what happened to the good old days?"

Yes, there was a golden era of this site when most of the Bible was formed, and there were a lot fewer posts, and most of these had significant importance. Then there was a time a couple years ago where some of the old timers who were still around started getting discouraged with the younger guys asking too many dumb questions, and/or giving advice with no experience.

Yes, from reviewing the history it can appear that way. However, from my understanding most of the great posters just got tired of posting on SOSUAVE PERIOD and decided to either do blogs of their own or other things.

Pissed off and ready to battle your failures is better than shrugging and mumbling and apologizing for your existence. As one of the older guys here, 34, I'm looking at these spineless kids, who are the future of this country, and it's depressing. It's like you guys are so spoiled and have had your mom wash your clothes for so long you couldn't even microwave a fvcking burrito if you had to. I hate to say it, but some of you would be better off joining the army than lurking around here.

All this enabling isn't helping you. So dont take it personally when I am a d!ck in your thread. You need the reprimanding, badly.

That won't solve the problems. That will just add fuel to the fire. Ignorance doesn't eliminate ignorance.

Ronnie Poleman says,

The quality of posts has diminished so, what do you guys propose to improve SoSuave?

I'm glad you asked. If you go back and review Sosuave in the early days here's what was occurring:

1.) There wasn't as many viewers and members

2.) The theme of the site was as it is today, "Male Self-Improvement," however, MAJORITY of the members were serious about their development. You seen field reports, status reports, updates, and posts titled, "Okay I made it to step three and didnt close, how can I improve?" The focus was compared to a group of guys that was in the gym with one goal and one goal only, GET FIT.

3.) Bull****ters were not tolerated and there was more policing on the forums. When a troll pops up, he was ignored, humiliated, not entertained, and BANNED. Period. When flame-wars popped up, with dumb threads popped up, you barely knew about them because they were shut down in a heartbeat.

4.) Some members gained a strong cult-like following due to their great writing skills combined with their experience on the area to provide NEW INSIGHT. While some of these cult-like posters didn't post many field reports, from reading their threads you knew they had experience in the field, was focused on "how can I get better" and was sharing their growth experiences with us through a greatly written thread. Pook and Senior Fingers come to mind for example. You see, there's value in experience, because this brings NEW INSIGHT on the area which helps the group as a whole progress. But you can't have experience without 99% field work.

So based on the four bullet points above, Sosuave became a quality place for Males to come to for understanding on life, women, and other areas in general for overall development.

Sosuave started to gain more viewers and membership exploded.

So Sosuave created a DJ Bible to help alot of the newer members point to a guide for alot of their questions and also navigating the site's best information.

THOSE WERE THE GOLDEN YEARS, so what happened?

While the site's focus is still "Male Self-Improvement" a larger number of the posters and viewers no longer logged in for improving their lives in areas that mattered most. Instead, they logged in for other reasons:

> Trying to obtain a cult-like following similar to Pook (without understanding WHY he had that following), by creating thread after thread with "advice" that was clearly nothing but re-phrased wording from threads already posted. Pook had a cult-like following because based on his experiences, he posted NEW INSIGHTS into the area. However, these posters post no new insight, it's just copy and pasted informaton re-worded, which tells me, they have no real experience to share and are in every sense of the word, KBJs.

> Seeing other posters as having "THE ANSWER" instead of seeing "NATURE" and "YOUR EXPERIENCES" as THE ANSWER, thus, instead of relying on self-development to get better, they rely more on the answers from other "experienced posters" to tell them from point A to point Z, what to do, what to think, what to wear, how to walk, etc. etc. etc. The purpose of this site is to point you to NATURE and YOUR EXPERIENCES as the answer, to create you into your OWN individualized "guru" over your OWN life, not to have you relying on a "guru" or "internet master teacher" similar to how a crippled person relies on a crutch. You can use the crutch in the very beginning, but at some point, you ought to have the ability to walk on your own.

> More members lead to LESS policing by the moderators. So now, alot of flame-wars, threads with no purpose, and posters with no structure, are allowed to remain active on the forum ATTRACTING other similar flame-wars, threads with no purpose, and posters with no structure...to log in and continue the "internet forum entertainment" flow that's going on. These threads attracted ALOT of responses, ALOT of views, and ultimately drive down the credibility of the forum as a whole. To a new member that's SERIOUS about self-development, I would imagine a many have seen these types of threads and decided another forum might be a better place.

SO WHAT TO DO TO IMPROVE SOSUAVE?

> Stop posting if you don't have something worthwhile to say. Notice how I don't post as much anymore until I find a discussion where I can add (potential) value or structure. MANY posters just log in today and post out of boredom instead out of value.

> Understand no one poster here has YOUR SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS. Instead, Sosuave is just one of the many sources and pieces of the pie out there that you go to, and collect the individual squares to complete YOUR puzzle.

> Focus on self-development and let NATURE AND YOUR EXPERIENCES be your teacher.

> If you see a flame-war, a troll, or a thread that's just totally stupid, don't add fuel to it (by responding in it calling it stupid or calling the troll stupid), instead report it or the poster to the moderators. If ENOUGH of us serious minded posters would start complaining more and more to the moderators to CLEAN UP THIS PLACE, they will get off their arse and make a change. This will increase policing and posters with no value will soon GET THE MEMO, that we will not tolerate that **** around here no more.

> Post more field reports, updates on your progress, and status reports on what you are working on.

> READ MORE, TYPE LESS. STUDY what's already been posted BEFORE, SPEND LESS TIME making new threads. To be honest, MOST of what you might have an issue with has ALREADY been posted and discussed.

That's a start, but if implemented, will have us at least headed back on the right path.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that the mods are basically absent now days is testimony to the quality of the site. Mods used to post in threads. I don't even know who the mods are anymore.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Take the d!ck out of your mouth buddy, we can't make out what you're saying.

lol..

idk man, someone is always making a thread about this...and my question is always so what?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Mannn if you search 2003 threads there was the same ass **** as you see posted now, it seems like the forum just got alot bigger maybe and attracted more of these posts and more clueless bros found the site...with that comes some trolls whatever.

This used to be more of a brotherhood, us guys exchanging game an thoughts and our experiences picking up chicks. This was 7-8 years ago when I was first came here. I was freakin 17 man...just a kid. I can say I dont recognize 99% of names on here.

Thats life man it changes, forums change. Cant expect to move back...its going forward it just means more people are waking up. Sall good man...whatever I still come here to relive my the golden age of this forum.

Adios yall.

Ronnie Poleman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah there are lots of troll/low quality posts that aren't being removed, the general attitude here seems to be that admins/mods don't care anymore, or there aren't enough of them.

I'm sure there are capable competent people here who are willing to become mods to clean this place up lol. Doesn't seem to make sense to not increase the number of mods if the number of members also increases over the years.

Is there anyone we could ask about this?

Ratisson

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also joined in 2003. I was 17 at the time and I didn't know what to say to a chick if you wanted to go out with her. Like Julian said, there's the same old crap on here, just more of it cuz its gotten bigger. This site helps a lot of young clueless guys (it helped me). It just takes them a while to see how things work and only then do the stupid/pointless questions stopped being asked. If it wasn't for this site I would never have discovered doc love, and his **** is the best.

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
posting this thread is pathetic

if you want to complain about something call your mother

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like there's a noticeable difference even in just the last 2 years. There was a reason I stopped posting and have yet to figure out why I started checking again. There is still some quality advice, but most of the main people seem to have left. Also, it would help a lot if people did more searching before posting new threads as you see like 3 threads with almost the same title from different users.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i joined in 2002, this place is a shell of itself.

if i were a mod here, there are some things i would impliment quickly

1. mandatory DJ bible before allowed to post, followed by a questionnaire. that in itself would clean up half the crap on this forum

2. 2 week grace period from the time you sign up until you are allowed to post. you must read, read, read. my first 6 months here i think i may have made 20 posts total.

3. whatever happened to filed reports? that should be half of your posts. field reports. not stupid questions, not hypothetical situations, not talking about looks. you post field reports, well tell you where you ****ed up, we pat you on the back when you got it right.

I will say, the mature forum has IMPROVED however in the last 2 years. that is the only reason I still come here. some very good practical advice given out ther.e

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i joined in 2002, this place is a shell of itself.

if i were a mod here, there are some things i would impliment quickly

1. mandatory DJ bible before allowed to post, followed by a questionnaire. that in itself would clean up half the crap on this forum

2. 2 week grace period from the time you sign up until you are allowed to post. you must read, read, read. my first 6 months here i think i may have made 20 posts total.
THIS. I was the same way when I first started, and I now realize who terrible I must have been. A lot of the new guys don't read, and thus don't understand what kind of forum this is...it's not supposed to be straight up Q&A, because EVEN IF YOU GIVE SOMEONE A QUICK FIX FOR A CERTAIN SITUATION, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO LEARN FROM IT. People have to change their whole mindset to learn, and by the more experienced DJs holding their hands, it's not gonna happen.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you took time out of your day just to come onto this website, which you clearly have come to despise, just to tell people they have to "be at a certain level" and pretty much grow up.

Wow.

Listen to yourself. You're telling people on a computer screen to grow up and stop listening to what everyone on here tells you to do.

If you hate this place and its members so much, then why did you even bother coming back to make this thread? Why would you even bother making other stupid threads just for your own enjoyment?

Your just yet another useless chump who feels the need to go on the internet to boost his ego about how he was here in the "golden era" and also by degrading all the current active members.

FYI: Nobody cares about your negative opinions of this forum. Get a life and move the fvck on

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mistic said:

I am not a long term member of this forum, but I have noticed that the DJ bible were made of earlier posts. I would like to get to the point where I can write material like that.

EDIT

in fact today, I opened up a couple of cute chicks and got their attention, and then interest. I did this with ease, but I did not get their phone number. If I see the day, I will be a master Don Juan.

Mistic said:
"Help, what should a DJ eat for breakfast?"
LOL