Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

self-esteem

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate to admit it, but i think i have low self-esteem

what the hell do you do about getting out of this depressed, low self-esteem rut?

i don't want to seek therapy, either lol

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start weightlifting. It will help your self esteem and your depressed state of mind.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Start weightlifting. It will help your self esteem and your depressed state of mind.
i've been

and i stay busy

i've been looking into hobbies, but i haven't chosen one yet

it's a ****ty feeling.

i'm in college, i'm busy studying, working, and going to the gym but i feel like i have no real social life, that i have no good friends, no hobbies, none of that...

i guess i have to come up with a list of things i want to change and attack it, i saw that in the DJ bible but never really took it in stride - maybe if i actually started hitting these things, i'd start feeling better

but sometimes i feel so worthless

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: self-esteem

Originally posted by MrBond_Age
How come?
i don't want to feel broken
i don't know what a therapist is going to ask me, i'm afraid of it

my step-dad's a therapist, and i don't feel comfortable talking to him

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a post on it in tips. I will bump it up for you right now

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MANY people see therapists... but.. if you dont think it is that serious, and you are just going through a "rut"... get active.. MAKE yourself feel good about yourself.

If you cant think of a hobby to take up just yet... as was suggested.. lift some weights.. or if that doesnt tickle your fancy.. try.. just going for a run everynight... strap on a discman.. crank the tunes, and run your heart out... you will get home feeling great.. repeat this until "rut" is out of the picture.

Also... hang out with friends... excellent "therapy" as long as you have great friends.

Cheers

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a future therapist, I read many articles and studies regarding how benefical friends are vs therapists when it comes to minor problems. The studies has shown that both of these cathegories of "helpers" are equally good.

The main goal of a therapist is to trick you into a positive state of mind might it be by fallicious assosciations or not. Therefore if you can get better by yourself (no depression) than no need is required.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
work out

get plenty of sleep -7-8 hrs

try to go out more - even small things as going to coffee shops by yourself and reading newspapers is better then sitting at home and feeling sorry for yourself.

watch less t.v and less computer (turn off T.V)

Hobby should be some kind of Martial arts class, it builds strength endurance, and you feel strong and powerful (kickboxing for example).

Volunteer somewhere, helping out and making a difference could show you a different side to life.

Don't hang out with people who are depressed as well. Misery loves company.

go to a book store and look at self help books or order online, see what appeals to you and don't buy a book just because its popular (Dr Phil sucks!) Tony Robbins better choice but look at something that speaks to you.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrBond_Age
As a future therapist, I read many articles and studies regarding how benefical friends are vs therapists when it comes to minor problems. The studies has shown that both of these cathegories of "helpers" are equally good.

The main goal of a therapist is to trick you into a positive state of mind might it be by fallicious assosciations or not. Therefore if you can get better by yourself (no depression) than no need is required.
WOW.... your post makes me feel good about my advice to wjh.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Lets just hope wjh takes all this on board, and is on the mend.

JazzPimpNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Martial arts and body building are great, but also try creative arts like painting or music. Girls dig guys that play guitar, its relatively easy to learn, you can take it just about anywhere, and it can be used in a variety of styles and settings. There's no feeling in the world that comes close to burning on stage in a smoky jazz club in Harlem.

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wjh

i'm in college, i'm busy studying, working, and going to the gym but i feel like i have no real social life, that i have no good friends, no hobbies, none of that...

but sometimes i feel so worthless
This is what I go through every day as well. There is no easy answer that I have found. Just keep doing the things you have listed and do your best at them. Message me if you want to talk.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, always busy with either work or working out, but really no good friends to account for. It sucks b/c these days you can't trust anyone. You just gotta keep looking out for #1 and surrounding yourself with people that make you happy.

Martial arts is an awesome way to gain confidence, self-respect and make some great friends along the way. Plus the feeling of being able to kick most ppl's asses is great.

Senor Steel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt like this about a year ago. Things have definately gotten better since. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Learn to take risks too.