Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-control Techniques (is it impossible?)

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone here ever found a really worth self-control technique.

I tried a lot of stuffs, since forcing my willpower, mind techniques, NLP, Visualization, Self suggestions, and also for last I tried allowing me and not blame when I couldn't resist to something (sugar, alcohol, caffeine and everything that is addictive and can kick off my willpower).

Never found any good technique that is worth.

Is it impossible to achieve? A state of mind where you're free to decide what is really important to you, rather than what is more pleasure and short term gratification? Cause I think this internal freedom only came when you can definitely dominate your mind and your decisions.

I know there must be a answer for that, and would like to hear some thoughts about that.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late

I tried a lot of stuffs, since forcing my willpower, mind techniques, NLP, Visualization, Self suggestions, and also for last I tried allowing me and not blame when I couldn't resist to something (sugar, alcohol, caffeine and everything that is addictive and can kick off my willpower).

Is it impossible to achieve? A state of mind where you're free to decide what is really important to you, rather than what is more pleasure and short term gratification? Cause I think this internal freedom only came when you can definitely dominate your mind and your decisions.

I know there must be a answer for that, and would like to hear some thoughts about that.
It’s an excellent question. I don’t know of a SOLID “hack” or “trick” to this.

I also don’t believe in the whole “You just don’t want it badly enough. Or you just need a good enough reason WHY you want XYZ.”

Self-discipline is hard, even if you really want something and/or have a good reason to want or need it.

“Don’t think; just do” is probably the best thing I’ve heard*.

*It obviously doesn’t mean act blindly. But in most cases, we already know what we should do.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a posting a while back that I considered to be very motivating. If you haven't seen it, here it is:

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think granular. Practice good habits or remove bad habits one at a time, slowly but consistently. And know it will take years and the journey of improvement will never end

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simple put, there is no simple mind trick, some will work on you and some don't, since i'm one who this kind of thing never work and if I need to impar my willpower I need to force it, but thinking about the down side, the negative of doing something can help doing this, just think what you want to do and list the negatives, normally the negatives will out weight any positive you can think, and most of time you need to keep yourself busy doing something

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

There are a lot of different methods and schools of thought in that area.

Some claim that it's best to engineer one's working area such that the "right" decisions are the default actions, so no willpower is required in the first place.

Some claim that one should do the hardest or most unpleasant things earlier in one's business-day, in order to avoid ego-depletion later on.

I can't say what's right or wrong here, though.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Updating this topic:

I just started my treatment with bupropion. There is 5 days I'm on it and it's the first antidepressive I've tried that seems to be effective. I felt positive effects in the first day.

It is like my mind becoming clear again and I'm not feeling the desire for alcohol anymore. So it was my last theory, that as I abused from alcohol those last years it may imbalance my neurochemicals and create this depression and compulsive mood. So bupropion seems to help me with that.

I came to a point where the pain was so much, and my compulsions just getting worse... That no willpower could solve it. Also I spent 8 years of my life trying therapy and natural options... and none of them gave me permanent results. I'm really confident that with this medicine I will overcome those stuffs.