Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Secret to not divorcing

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I put this in "Anything else", since it's not really about DJing.

I think the "secret" to not divorcing is simply...not divorcing. In cultures where it's frowned upon, people don't do it. Since people can get them, and in fact women are rewarded for doing so in our society, they will.

What I'm saying is I don't think it has anything to do with relationship skill, DJ skill, LTR skill or being a master of psychology. It's just a matter of how much the two people involved are disposed to not give up.

I think the real thing then, is, assuming that you're not the divorcing type, figuring out how to determine what a "non-divorcing woman" is like. There's got to be some characteristics, be it personality or upbringing or whatever. If we could figure out what those characteristics were, we'd be able to have LTRs without the fear of losing so much over B.S.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
divorce.....

MackJR,

The doctors who work in this field ask the same question.

ie.

Why is it that today these two 'love birds' can't get enough of one another and three years after they are married they are trying kill each other?

Good question.

cave dweller

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye well...I think living with others brings out the worst in people.

Couple that with a lack of chemistry after seeing each other everyday.

Its a good point though mackjr.

Society created this thing called marriage, but it didn't care to think of finishing off the job and making divorce a BAD thing (to the woman).

-fender-

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Im from the philippines and divorce is really frowned upon.

When divorce isn't an option, it forces you to make it work.

My parents are still together after 22 years and even happier then before. Without counciling, ever.

If the father has determination he will make it work

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr
I put this in "Anything else", since it's not really about DJing.

I think the "secret" to not divorcing is simply...not divorcing.
Well goddamn, you some kinda scholar or somethin?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: divorce.....

Originally posted by cave dweller
...Why is it that today these two 'love birds' can't get enough of one another and three years after they are married they are trying kill each other?
Complacency.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar
Im from the philippines and divorce is really frowned upon.

When divorce isn't an option, it forces you to make it work.

My parents are still together after 22 years and even happier then before. Without counciling, ever.

If the father has determination he will make it work
So getting to know the person to figure out they are the right person plays little into this. Even if it's not a predefined marriage, all that is needed determination, even if it's readily apparent that you married the wrong person.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
57%

hey,

I think the divorce rate in the US runs at about 57%.

cave dweller

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
57%! Dang. That cant be good for all the kids being brought up in 2 households, or without a dad. My parents divorced after 13 years. I dont think I wanna get married anymore, It seems like marrige is just a precursor to divorce.

And dont even get me started on men gettin the worse half of the divorce. My dad had owned and rented out 7+ houses when he married. now 2 years after the divorce he lives in a trailer and barley gets by from his disability money.

Luckly my dad is always trying to get better (studying and taking a few college courses, dating, etc.) even at the ripe old age of 53

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian20o2
57%! Dang. That cant be good for all the kids being brought up in 2 households, or without a dad. My parents divorced after 13 years. I dont think I wanna get married anymore, It seems like marrige is just a precursor to divorce.

And dont even get me started on men gettin the worse half of the divorce. My dad had owned and rented out 7+ houses when he married. now 2 years after the divorce he lives in a trailer and barley gets by from his disability money.

Luckly my dad is always trying to get better (studying and taking a few college courses, dating, etc.) even at the ripe old age of 53
Preeeee nup tuail (sp?) agree meent.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
So getting to know the person to figure out they are the right person plays little into this. Even if it's not a predefined marriage, all that is needed determination, even if it's readily apparent that you married the wrong person.
You're making a presumption. That there is such thing as a right or wrong person.

The whole DJ and PUA concept is based on the idea that you can change yourself to become attractive and successful with women.

Well if that kind of change is possible for attraction, then it stands to reason that two people can change what they do with each other to have a successful marriage.

The only real difference is that to be a DJ it's on you. To have a successful marriage, it takes two.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian20o2

:(

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar
:(
Dont be sad man. If theres one thing Ive learned from the whole incident its to look at the bright side. eg. My dad lives in a trailer, BUT its a waterfront property witha great view on a nice little island.
This is a view from my window

And that little sailboat... Thats my baby:)

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brian20o2 Did your dad form a corporation to protect his properties or did he hold everything in his own name?

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
Brian20o2 Did your dad form a corporation to protect his properties or did he hold everything in his own name?
I dunno. I wasnt really paying attention at the time. My guess is that he held it under his name... but then again I was chronicly depressed and 13.