"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

School dances.....

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I'm pretty sure every school has had its school dance already. Anyone feel like swapping stories?

Our school's Winter Formal was last night, so in the afternoon, I stopped by SoSuave, did a search, and read up about dancing. Amazingly, I learned a lot from just a few posts: move your feet, hips, and shoulders to the beat. I went to my friend's place, where a few others were meeting, and she took us to the party.

For the first hour, most of us just walked around, ate, and talked. Not much dancing.

Eventually, the entire party slowly began dancing....

It was pretty cool because, even though I didn't know how to dance, I started catching the eye of a lot of people. Soon enough, all my lady friends started going, "oooooh....IBF.... :)." The hardest part was convincing some of my shy friends to dance; I just started dancing in front of them and said, "Hey, dance with me, I don't want to look like an idiot ;)."

Before I left, I walked up to this good-looking girl, introduced myself, and asked if I could call her. Well, she said something to the effect of "no thanks", but then again I couldn't hear anything over the music. Oh well, her loss.

Would anyone like to add?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

i am me

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
885
Reaction score
1
My winter formal wasn't like that. I had fun for most of the night and I danced basically the whole time (it was my first time dancing, too :D ).

....BUT, at the end, the girl I liked (the reason why I came here in the first place) was making out with this other dude. It was her first kiss, too. I felt real bad for a few days after that...I'm okay now, though, so it's cool...
 

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
i am me, i'm glad you had fun.... that the key to any school dance. Sorry, about what happened at the end, but as Cat Stevens once sang, "ooh, baby, baby, it's a wild world...."

jcb1772, I'll expect a full report with lots of details. ;) Good luck, fellow DJ.
 
Top