Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Sat next to a girl....

DannyB0y

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
England
Well, heres the deal
I really like this girl in my classes (shes in most of them) and recently we were forced to sit next together in maths. We've only spent one lesson sat together and we didnt say anything to each other. She is usually quiet anyways and doesnt talk to many boys or girls, just her friends.
Now, we've looked at each other a couple times before, but shes quite unpredictable as I dont know her that well and its hard to tell whether she likes me or was just looking in my direction.
I'm planning on asking her to help me with a maths question as an icebreaker. If she blows me off or its painfully obvious she doesnt like me, ill ask the teacher, but if she does help me where do I go from there?
Any comments would be appreciated
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Smoothaswetsoap

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Next to you
Invite her to your house to do some homework.

While taking a break, you guys can get to know each other better : )
 

DannyB0y

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
England
thanks for the reply, but we live quite far apart, I dont know where she lives and I presume vice versa. not to mention my house is always busy with a smaller brother and sister and all
 

i am me

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
885
Reaction score
1
Definitely talk to her. About anything...go ahead and ask a "math question" if you need to. At least THAT way she knows who you are...then move up from there.
 

DannyB0y

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
England
after reading quite the DJ Bible and such, ive realised that conversations (no matter how pointless) are a must
its just continuing the conversation, how do i move on to asking her about herself from a maths question?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
I don't think I would ask her for help in math JUST so that I could talk to her unless you actually really DO need help in math. If you just want to talk to her then all you have to do is talk to her about the first thing that comes to your mind.
 

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
544
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in front of my computer
exactly, just comment and make jokes about goofy things people say or do in class. anything will work.

it will be a little awkward to start, just because its been so long and you haven't said anything. but just go for it and you'll be fine

DJing is 10% knowledge, 15% creativity and 75% grabbing-your-balls-and-taking-charge
 

BoBa

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Ask her to help you out on a problem. If your house in a problem, go to the library. I would expect a "No." if you ask to go to her house though, since she doesn't really seem like the type...yet ;)
 
Top