"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Sarging campuses when not in college?

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
Anybody know a good excuse for sarging a college campus when you already graduated? I'm sure a girl would ask why you are there once she finds out you don't go to school there.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
989
Reaction score
9
Location
Hollywood
-you were doing research
-attending a seminar
-buying a text
-picking up chicks
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
I do this all the time, and I usually use the library/gym directions opener.
 

raven_82

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Messages
186
Reaction score
1
Location
St. Louis, MO
Last week I read an article in the paper that a local university has a record number of women with this year's class and one of the highest girl to guy ratios in the country. I am thinking about talking a night class so I can get a library card.
 

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Louis Area
I know...if she asks:

"If you don't attend XYZ College, then why are you here?"

Try...

A) I'm seeing some friends.

B) If I told you I'd have to kill you. :)

C) Official business?

D) What is this? A friggin' interrogation?!


Ben
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
If you're from another college say so, and just say you're here for some debate/event. I see people at my college that shouldn't even belong, and nobody minds.



Or if you have guts- tell her straight up "I'm here to pick up a chick and get laid";)
 
Top