Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

running on treadmill or running outside?

Reaction score
To meet my time to be competitive for OCS, the treadmill helped me run faster. I tend to put on headphones and walk now because it’s more relaxing and it keeps off weight much easier.

henryj3

Reaction score
If you can outside. Nothing compares to outside running. If you cant run outside you can run on a treadmill, if you run on a treadmill you will have a hard time running outside. Treadmills really are only good for one thing.......Pushing the tread with the power off, now this is a killer workout. Do check the instructions here and do 5 sets of 250 steps and tell me if you feel that.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got any stairs or steps near you? If you want to lose weight and tone up that’s the way to go.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I don't really. I am going to use the treadmill even though its boring af.
I would not run more than a mile a few times a week, 2-3 at most. What I’d do, and what I know will give you the results you’re after is incorporate other stuff along with running. 500 free squats everyday, 500 jumping jacks, 100 mountain climbers everyday, 100-200 push-ups 3 times a week, get some 20lbs weights and do squat shoulder presses (4x20), burpee curls (burpees with dumbbells and when you come up do a curl then do a burpee), stuff like this.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why run tho? If your knees are compromised then you're just going to make the problem worse and wear them out further. Why not either use an elliptical or just cycle?

As for indoor vs outdoor, I will always cycle outdoors and use an elliptical if I go to the gym.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why run tho? If your knees are compromised then you're just going to make the problem worse and wear them out further. Why not either use an elliptical or just cycle?

As for indoor vs outdoor, I will always cycle outdoors and use an elliptical if I go to the gym.
It's efficient to lose fat fast

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having had a treadmill,and run outside,I reckon the best one is actually the one you actually do...oftentimes,a treadmill becomes an expensive clothes airer,if you dont use it.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having had a treadmill,and run outside,I reckon the best one is actually the one you actually do...oftentimes,a treadmill becomes an expensive clothes airer,if you dont use it.
true

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any works but treadmills tend to for you to keep a stead pace, and its good if you are not that much used to run, and for scenery you can always watch something, in the end just go for what works

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any works but treadmills tend to for you to keep a stead pace, and its good if you are not that much used to run, and for scenery you can always watch something, in the end just go for what works
right

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I run on a treadmill because I want to run on a controlled incline. Outside is better for scenery, but I have cycling for that.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only guy in here who actually really enjoys the treadmill?

I love it. You can perfectly control your speed on it. I just either watch my shows, or play some music that I enjoy. It really helps me clear my head before or after work. Plus, I refuse to run in 20 degree weather lol.

It’s kind of addicting tbh, and running burns a lot of calories which makes dieting so much less of a pain

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have any gradual hills or steep hills around you? Do sprints up those. Running by itself isn’t going to lose you any fat, maybe some but not what you’re hoping to achieve. To burn fat you need to build muscle, to build muscle you want to do various exercises (I prefer high reps and sets vs lifting heavy 5x5 type stuff.) I just like how my body looks and don’t want that bulky meathead look, I want that athletic look but not the skinny shredded type.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(I prefer high reps and sets vs lifting heavy 5x5 type stuff.) I just like how my body looks and don’t want that bulky meathead look, I want that athletic look but not the skinny shredded type.
High reps and volume creates bigger muscles. Low rep high intensity not as much so. Different types of hypertrophy (strength is mostly CNS adaption)….