Rules Of Going Out

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any personal tips for non-bar approach?

I think my personal gripe with non-bar approach/day game is:

Usually in a day setting, I'm not very attuned to picking up on IL from the girls. And if I approach the girls without considering whether they have any interest and how girls tend to be defensive to strangers theyre not immediately interested in, from the times that I tried, it feels like an uphill battle to qualify myself and escalate things for a number/contact close. Rejection rate is very high for me.

Btw I've not necessarily fared much better in the bar/club setting. I even made a thread about it.

OLD has been the best for me and led to lays.

I would like to improve my cold approach though.
Hello James! I am from H-town also. I have learned that for day-game that I must always be "ready" for an opportunity. Honestly, I sometimes miss an opportunity in day game for this reason. I'm not thinking about it.
I have had some success at sporting events i.e., Astros games, Texans games somewhat. I have been hit on at Astros games more than a few times especially if I go alone. There are lot of single women here that Luv the Astros. But then again you have to be ready with that end in mind.
I don't go the bars or clubs much anymore, mostly because this city has changed so much in the past 10 years. And I have been out of the "loop".
What Bars, Clubs do you go to?

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are in Houston, so learn to be picky about the women you choose to invest any time on! Crazy women in Houston are a dime a dozen.
Roger That!!!!

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- if she shows up assume you are 60/75% in! This boosts your confidence.

- dates shouldn't take longer than 2 hours.

- 1st -3rd date? Mo dinners. max amount to spent on her/us is between 30 and 50 bucks.

- dont talk about (your) exes.

- don't date (DATE) women you are not attracted to just to get sex. She'll lure you into a commitment and make things difficult.

-do NOT take more than TWO alcoholic beverages.

- I ALWAYS try to sneak in a kiss UNLESS I'm are sure she is 90% attracted to me and i can "play with my food" ( but its risky).

-be positive and uplifting. Leave the sob stories,negativity ,complains and personal bad experiences at home.

-dont pillow talk .

-and lastly; i make sure my house is clean as a whistle when I'm dating. Wouldn't be the first time I had an opportunity to bring one home but I was ill prepared...and thus lost her.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll agree with no fancy dinners. Manosphere/pickup content has long promoted no dinner dates in restaurants for 1st dates and dates prior to sex.

Plenty of men are still doing dinner dates in restaurants in the early stages. This is likely happening due to ignorance or laziness.

I first heard about no dinner dates in restaurants prior to sex in the early 2010s. That wisdom had been around many years prior to my discovery of it. I think it was discussed in the 2000s online.

You make a good point about total strangers. If the 1st-2nd dates are arranged from a tech-method or approaching a stranger, then a 1st-2nd date dinner in a restaurant is a bad idea. It might be acceptable if the date is arranged from a strong social circle introduction.

Most men on a forum like SoSuave are arranged their first dates from a tech-based method (swipe apps or social media DMs) or from approaching strangers in the real world. The last sentence is also applicable to blue pilled, beta males too. Fewer people arrange dates from their social circles anymore.
Because most men lack volume. When a "normal" bluepilled man finally gets an hb7 with potential, he'll go ALL IN to leave a lasting impression on her.

See it all around me. The irony is that its the WOMAN will LOSE respect for such a man. Because lets be real: if a man is as are desirable as he claims to be, he'd be dating way too often to be able to afford fancy dinners for strangers...

On top of that you must be aware that a LOT of women line men up and have an abundance of opportunities to date.

It simply comes down to :the more abundance one have, the more demanding one can be. On the contrary,the LESS options one has, the MORE one will try and bend and budge to make it work. Ultimately these two meet somewhere in the middle. The 304 gets her demands met by the AFC, (even if its via seeking arrangement types of deals!)

Hence why some women demand dinner, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Meanwhile I've seen plenty of videos where women say you must:
- pay for her babysitter
- just straight up give her money :oops:
-pay for her "preparation ".
-ect

It's similar to a Pookie with an abundance of women who tells his dates to "pick up some Mickey D and bring that azz over".

You just described EXACTLY what I have been dealing with. Going to the bar to get a drink on first date isnt good enough for these women. They want a dinner which is ridiculous. We dont even know if we are gonna get along with them in person. I am not hurting for money but to waste 100 dollars on a dinner each time you take out a new date is crazy. These women should want to get less on a first date and not more especially when we are going through insane inflation prices right now. If you dont agree to dinner then they all say that you only wanna smash them. Its weird times we are living in.
Not a great sign.

Imo a woman who demands dinner while she doesn't even know you LACKS respect for you. Its a shyte test from the get go basically.

I won't go into details as to why, because that's a long azz post. As I said before: if a man has "plenty " of dates he'll figure out sooner or later that 50 bucks per date times twice a week = it's gonna add up. Let alone 100 dollar dinners, twice a week with strangers with zero guarantee you'll get what you want.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's similar to a Pookie with an abundance of women who tells his dates to "pick up some Mickey D and bring that azz over".
Be a Skittles man like the legendary Chateau Heartiste blog post.

Because most men lack volume. When a "normal" bluepilled man finally gets an hb7 with potential, he'll go ALL IN to leave a lasting impression on her.
Yes, this is true. That is scarcity mentality, a hallmark of the blue pilled beta male.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just described EXACTLY what I have been dealing with. Going to the bar to get a drink on first date isnt good enough for these women. They want a dinner which is ridiculous. We dont even know if we are gonna get along with them in person. I am not hurting for money but to waste 100 dollars on a dinner each time you take out a new date is crazy. These women should want to get less on a first date and not more especially when we are going through insane inflation prices right now. If you dont agree to dinner then they all say that you only wanna smash them. Its weird times we are living in.
This is an opportunity to screen, and barring that, working on your pre-meet game to maximize IL. If they demand this after you do a decent job charming them, next them.

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. A quick roll in the sack, or something more substantial in a relationship, or relationships (plates). For the younger gents I understand that you probably want the former. And I understand that money can be a factor.
I am an older gent. and I screen potential dates with a purpose. I don't ask a woman out until I am ready. I don't mind meeting them for drinks and dinner on the first date. I pick the time and place and it is a restaurant that I like and want to go to. I have never had any women demand that I take them to dinner on the first date. If they did it would be a "next" for sure. I have had some women offer to pay their way or pay for the next date also.
Now I know that some may not agree. I am lucky that the money is not an issue for me, I want the experience of a nice restaurant and good company and we will see where it leads from there.