Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

RooshV's transformation from PUA to Godpill

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rooshv was always a bit obsessive. He took things to the extreme - moving to Poland/Ukraine for the sole purpose of banging, writing all of those books and then getting into pointless philosophical discussions with feminists. I used to find him pretty interesting although he always seemed a bit mad and I certainly didn't like his anti-semetic bull****. What hasn't changed about him is that he's always been very judgemental - of women, of guys, of other cultures and anyone that doesn't live exactly the same lifestyle as he does. Now he's turned his intolerance and judgemental nature towards "fornicators", even thought that's what he was his entire life until he got old and it wasn't working for him anymore.

It's strange how now he's turned his forum into some kind of weird semi-religious space for guys that are angry and bitter about life and women to criticize other people's private lives, which are really none of their business. Instead of actually doing what he supposedly promotes, he spends his time complaining about what other people are doing. I think maybe the explanation for it all is some kind of mental problem. Most people that want to live a particular lifestyle just go and do it instead of spewing hatred towards anyone that disagrees with them.
He came across bitter in the end but through the lense of a PUA he was extremely successful. He took it to the next level and his techniques are (were) solid.
Yeah, I would never want to end up like Roosh as a person but I would like to replicate his success with women lol.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The RooshV forum is completely full of bible thumping, far-right wing conspiracy theorists, and the common goal is getting married and starting a family; the switch was very jarring and sudden and is completely at odds with many red pill beliefs. Sadly, the forum is basically worthless now, and RooshV really has nothing useful to say anymore.

I think the God pill is a ****ing joke. Christianity is worthless. If you need structure, discipline, meaning, purpose, as opposed to pointless hedonism, there are far better life frameworks than a monotheistic religion.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think? He says some interesting stuff.

I have to add in this qualifier though, this is what I've said about Roosh in the past to make it clear what I think of him and his bigotry personally:

This is a long video to look at. The pacing of the video is alright so far. Like what he is saying so far. What he is talking about is also what I remember experiencing around March, 1993, or when I was 17 years old in High School. There is a hunger for God, I had a desire to pray, start going to church, and playing the trombone in the worship set-up, and liked talking about Jesus.

There is no real joy in the lifestyle on what he had before. Once God is touching your life you don't see things the same way again.
He says, if you need women to ease loneliness or sex then you are wasting your time and will get burned.
He says, he is going to the same church as his mother baptized him in, which means he is also close to his mother again.
He says, he had two vices, pride and lust. He had to handle his lust in order to get closer to God and is even refusing to look at women in a sexual way. Regrets and wants to forget his past lifestyle and is ashamed of what he did, portraying himself like an animal, such as a monkey.
He is a monk, not talking to girls or having any sexual encounters.

Roosh V is now my brother in the Lord so stop making fun of him!

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh V and Return of Kings were instrumental resources in my red pill transformative process. It's a shame to see what happened there.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I would never want to end up like Roosh as a person but I would like to replicate his success with women lol.
Yeah, I think he really went full on and made approaching women a full-time occupation so he gained a lot of experience and passed on some great insights. However, I'm not sure if I'd say he was successful because he never really seemed to be very happy or satisfied with his life.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy from Bald and Determined found Jesus as well.

I knew something is not quite right with that guy. A lot of hate and volatile.

I guess Jesus is better than that before.

I think part of his personality didn't change. He goes full in.

He tells the full story here:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with following Jesus but to go hard mode religious is just more of the carnal ego trying "get" something. Probably more identity.
Reading Eckhardt Tolles interpretations of the human ego was mind opening for me.
Jesus said some very peculiar things that can only be interpreted by your own being.
To me he was redpilled. The bible is full of redpill examples.
The guys like roosh and this guy are just chasing their tail in a knew direction.
I agree. I check in to Tolle now and then. It's little bit too esoterical for me but I am open to it. I have been doing meditation for years, It's quite nice.

I normally like to work with evolutional psychology. I like experimenting with scientific theories. Lately I thought about what psychology says about Tolle's way. I might think about it more.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stick to the work. Lol i know what you mean. Culty feel or not its still good stuff.
Yes it's good for resetting the brain and the emotions. To get rid of the baggage.

I listening now to the BD guy. He never felt so authentic. Before he always put himself into the character of a badass. It felt fake. Now he allows himself to be vulnerable. Psychologically interesting.

He tells at one point he was afraid of death because of a body condition. So he made a deal with god. If god helps him he will go his way or so.

I remember doing that when I was around 14. I had bad acne. Later I became an hardcore atheist lol. I guess I am still one but I like to study religions too for other reasons.

I guess the older you get so more you are confronted with death. I heard many people go for the religion as an insurence. Just in case.

I guess when I have harcore pain or so. I might be open to some crazy stuff like praying I don't know.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am doing some googling as said before. Not much new here but some refreshing:

"that the mind was not designed to see the world clearly and that we weren’t designed to be happy. Yes, in some cases, the mind does a good job of perceiving the everyday world, but that was not the bottom-line criterion of natural selection. The bottom-line criterion in natural selection is to favor traits that do a good job of getting genes into the next generation. And if having illusions about yourself or other people will help get genes into the next generation, then natural selection will favor a tendency toward illusion. This has an obvious connection to Buddhism, since Buddhism holds that we indeed tend to suffer from illusion unless we work to dispel it.

he other takeaway from evolutionary psychology, that we weren’t designed to be happy, also has a clear connection to Buddhism. We were designed to have recurring dissatisfaction with the state of things and to suffer in specific ways because emotions like fear, sadness, and anxiety can help us get our genes into the next generation. For example, being anxious about our social standing seems to have been favored by natural selection because being held in high esteem was correlated, during evolution, with getting genes into the next generation. "

“Suffering is conducive to genetic proliferation and so suffering is built into us.”

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose the common theme is that Rooshv and others like him are always frantically looking for something outside of themselves to fill some kind of a void. I think he used women for that for as long as he could and when that wasn't working anymore he "found God".

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose the common theme is that Rooshv and others like him are always frantically looking for something outside of themselves to fill some kind of a void. I think he used women for that for as long as he could and when that wasn't working anymore he "found God".
It looked to me Roosh and many other very intelligent man have some form of ahedonism. They are not able to feel enough fun and happiness.

To some degree I guess it is connected to the society. US society is very competitive. Material success is very important. That makes it hard to feel easygoing, relaxed and happy.

Religion is an accepted form of letting go I guess as long if it's not a work religion like protestantism combined with calvinism.

---
The phrase was initially coined in 1904–1905 by Max Weber in his book The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. Weber asserted that Protestant ethics and values along with the Calvinist doctrine of asceticism and predestination gave birth to capitalism.
---

Protestant work ethic - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Protestant_work_ethic

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It looked to me Roosh and many other very intelligent man have some form of ahedonism. They are not able to feel enough fun and happiness.

To some degree I guess it is connected to the society. US society is very competitive. Material success is very important. That makes it hard to feel easygoing, relaxed and happy.

Religion is an accepted form of letting go I guess as long if it's not a work religion like protestantism combined with calvinism.

---
The phrase was initially coined in 1904–1905 by Max Weber in his book The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. Weber asserted that Protestant ethics and values along with the Calvinist doctrine of asceticism and predestination gave birth to capitalism.
---

Protestant work ethic - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Protestant_work_ethic
Yes, it's a pretty interesting subject. Without meaning to offend anyone, I have to say that I find the US a bit of a sad place. When I'm there I feel kind of lost and insignificant. I prefer Europe or Asia or even the Middle East, where each country has its own unique language and culture. Those societies have some kind of structure that is based on something more than just money and power.

I don't mean that I think the US is bad or that it's inferior in any way - it's a great, powerful and important country and it also has it's own things that make it unique. It's just for me personally I don't think I'd be happy there - the way of life is very competitive, materialistic and people can be very cutthroat.

Every society has ideals and the what success means is seen differently in different countries. I think in the USA even relationships are seen as a commodity and men are in competition with each other to get the biggest house, the best car and the hottest girls. People feel like they have to push other people down to get up, like crabs in a barrel.

This way of thinking can lead to burnout because eventually all of this doesn't really bring satisfaction if you're missing a sense of connection with other people. Maybe religion can give some people a sense of connection or a sense of community which is something that is lacking when you view everyone else as rivals.

Personally I don't believe in any religion but I do think there must be some reason that religion is so popular across the world and throughout time. I think it's probably some kind of ancient psychological coping mechanism, basically.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I agree. That is one reason I went to the Philippines though people's attidude is important too. Like if they are relaxed and happy people in general. Of course with some downsides too.

There is a saying: If you want to be happy go to a place where people are lower in status from you. If you want to be succesful go to a place where people are more succesful than you (US)

Religion creates a social space where the attention is away from the world so one can relax and let go.