Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ricky’s game theory and field journal

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks @Jesse Pinkman for getting everyone off the bench and back in the game with your approach journal.

I am a little buzzed tonight but went out and will report on that tomorrow.

About me… i am an OG since 2002. A disciple of David D, Ross jeffries, met mystery back in the day and talked to Neil Strauss a few times on the phone.

After several great years in the game as a PUA i settled down knowing full well that the one and soulmates were BS but that my girlfriend checked off alot of boxes for me and was way less crazy then the party girls i was running through like a rock star.

many years of relationship and marriage and one kid later and boom the pandemic hits. Relationship goes south quick and in unexpected ways.

i spend the last couple years learning alot of things related to marriage, conflict, etc.

Improve things and still focus on potential for reconciling but realize as one guru said “my stay game is the same as my go game”

I start flirting again, playing the game of catch and release and ultimately turning down a fair number of offers of sex from women i meet.

I may be vague about things due to my situation but if you knew the full nature of things you would understand why Ricky is back in the game.

to the extent i feel i can i will divulge my stories here while protecting the names of the innocent and even the not so innocent

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting out tonight i was talking to a friend on the phone. Despite years of nightlife experience including going out alone or with friends i didnt really develop a method to quickly eject from a bar if it looked dead.

My friend Ron said he has no shame. It a place looks dead he would turn around and leave before ordering a drink.

Problem for me is i tend to make an impression at places ive been before so tonights first bar was an irish one and the multicolored hair bartender remembered me and smiled broadly as soon as i walked in… “hey” she said. I couldnt turn around immediately and leave….

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem for me is i tend to make an impression at places ive been before so tonights first bar was an irish one and the multicolored hair bartender remembered me and smiled broadly as soon as i walked in… “hey” she said. I couldnt turn around immediately and leave….
I also tend to make an impression like that but I never really thought too much about how exactly I go about doing that. Have you analyzed how you do so?

This was a good opportunity for Ron to piggyback on your connection with the staff by staying for one drink and making friends with that bartender through you.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also tend to make an impression like that but I never really thought too much about how exactly I go about doing that. Have you analyzed how you do so?

This was a good opportunity for Ron to piggyback on your connection with the staff by staying for one drink and making friends with that bartender through you.
I think it's easy to make an impression by being a little more social and outgoing then most. Asking the hired guns about themselves in different ways. I have a couple specific openers related to that.. that i may give away at some if you guys are good.

Ron is the screenname i've chosed for one of my oldest friends. He lives 2 hours away and is the highest body count type of guy i've been associated with. One could call him a natural but it wasn't pure looks with him. Definitely charisma game. We were just talking on the phone last night not hanging out in person. We were discussing the best way to eject if a bar looks dead without being rude.

xavier_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's easy to make an impression by being a little more social and outgoing then most. Asking the hired guns about themselves in different ways. I have a couple specific openers related to that.. that i may give away at some if you guys are good.

Ron is the screenname i've chosed for one of my oldest friends. He lives 2 hours away and is the highest body count type of guy i've been associated with. One could call him a natural but it wasn't pure looks with him. Definitely charisma game. We were just talking on the phone last night not hanging out in person. We were discussing the best way to eject if a bar looks dead without being rude.
I don't go to bars, moreso clubs cause I don't drink and I love dancing

When you walk in a club you always know almost instantly what type of energy the club is...

This rule of ejecting a dead place has saved me too many nights to count lmao

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a capital city in a midwestern state. Known mostly for its university. I work in a large department near this campus. There are tons of women in their 20s. I am in my late 40s and have been with the same woman for 17 years now. Last few years with her have been miserable unfortunately

Going out is a crapshoot. I know in my age group there is plenty of divorced with kids mom game. Normally these women try to get in relationships immediately post divorce. There is also a decent number of cheating married women but i dont go for that.

I have had to eliminate the victim mindset that a difficult turn in marriage has created.

my days are structured around work hard, play hard. I recently completed a quality physical challenge but came out of it with a slight injury i need to rehab before my next one.

Now its time to dial in my diet to look great with my shirt off this summer. I dont know which women will get my attention this summer.

The latina at my taco shop has my attention. We are already on a texting basis. My spanish is sufficient, her english isnt very proficient yet and it may part of a barrier but honestly she isnt showing enough return interest for me to invest too heavily yet. Its likely she doesnt take my interest as being serious. I have had this situation before when dating foreign women

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night i drank too much. I was social. Honestly i made more progress with a mexican girl seated at the bar than the bartender A.

i thought the mexican girl two seats down was with her boyfriend but it was her primo (cousin). I should have closer her when i left.

Next time when i go i wont drink as much. It gets out of hand quickly and i cant be risking a DUI

xavier_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now its time to dial in my diet to look great with my shirt off this summer. I dont know which women will get my attention this summer.
Bro you're an absolute DON.

No victim mindset, just taking and embracing that like a man.

Thanks for sharing that man.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About me… i am an OG since 2002. A disciple of David D, Ross jeffries, met mystery back in the day and talked to Neil Strauss a few times on the phone.
Awesome! David DeAngelo was big around 2002-2005. 2002-2008 was the heyday of Mystery. "The Game" came out in 2005 and "Mystery Method in 2007. Mystery's VH1 show had 2 seasons in 2007 and 2008. Very good that you chatted with Neil Strauss on the phone. Strauss was an outlier case of success from Mystery Method.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome! David DeAngelo was big around 2002-2005. 2002-2008 was the heyday of Mystery. "The Game" came out in 2005 and "Mystery Method in 2007. Mystery's VH1 show had 2 seasons in 2007 and 2008. Very good that you chatted with Neil Strauss on the phone. Strauss was an outlier case of success from Mystery Method.
Yep that's when i was active on this board. I like David D still. He recently kind of closed down his business and i downloaded his old stuff at a heavy discount when he closed his online store.

Strauss is an intelligent guy. He ended up doing well but as you may have noted he suffered from a sexual addiction. I doubt he has any issues meeting women now. He has the money and game part down at least. His past might be a barrier for some women who might not like the stigma attached to his notoriety.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is an element of game we don't talk about enough here which is familiarity game.

I believe people are afraid of being friend zoned by women so they always want to strike quickly while the iron is hot.

You can develop familiarity by brief interactions spread out over months with women. You kind of allow yourself to become pre-screened. You have positive little interactions and flirtations with various women and it's obvious they are happy to see you again months down the road. Maybe it's simply the fact you are firing the mirror neuron for them, but i've seen it before with friends who are more reserved and don't talk.. they simply aren't remembered by these women, whereas i am. In some cases my friends are better looking than me but still forgotten.

Game is important. Run it on all the women so you are ready to use it for the ones you want. It builds social proof as well as other women notice the positive responses.

Highly highly recommend becoming at least moderately fluent in a second language. It pays off alot in terms of enjoyment.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep that's when i was active on this board. I like David D still. He recently kind of closed down his business and i downloaded his old stuff at a heavy discount when he closed his online store.
I was reading David D and Doc Love when I was in college in the early to mid 2000s. I was still blue pilled then. Even still, I wasn't a horribly blue pilled person. I don't think I got truly red pilled until the early 2010s when I started reading Roosh and Roissy/Heartiste.

Strauss is an intelligent guy. He ended up doing well but as you may have noted he suffered from a sexual addiction. I doubt he has any issues meeting women now. He has the money and game part down at least. His past might be a barrier for some women who might not like the stigma attached to his notoriety.
Neil Strauss was treated like garbage by women for 15+ years. From age 15-early 30s. He was incel/borderline incel before being incel became a thing. Strauss was born in 1969, making him a Gen X'er. The prevalence of incel stuff was less common in Gen X than it would later be with Millennials. Strauss is 12-13 years older than the oldest Millennials.

Strauss is 5'6", so that height is going to lead to poor treatment from women unless drastic measures are taken. I think he was also balding before he started to shave his head. Short and balding is a bad combination.

The drastic action Strauss took was embracing pickup-seduction as if his life depended upon it, which it did. He was in his early 30s when he started spending time around Mystery and other PUAs. If Strauss was not successful in PUA, he was going to spend the next 40-50 years of his life virtually alone. That's a scary proposition in one's early 30s.

Strauss is 54 now, has a good notch count, is divorced, and has children. He's definitely in a different place at 54 than he was at 34 or even 40. Strauss is old enough at this point where he could consider a lifetime relationship.

There is an element of game we don't talk about enough here which is familiarity game.

You can develop familiarity by brief interactions spread out over months with women. You kind of allow yourself to become pre-screened. You have positive little interactions and flirtations with various women and it's obvious they are happy to see you again months down the road.
This sounds nice in theory but I've never seen this actually work in practice.

I am in my late 40s and have been with the same woman for 17 years now. Last few years with her have been miserable unfortunately
Longevity is not an indicator of quality. Some part of those 17 years were decent. You might have become more beta over the course of those 17 years, losing your frame.

Going out is a crapshoot. I know in my age group there is plenty of divorced with kids mom game. Normally these women try to get in relationships immediately post divorce. There is also a decent number of cheating married women but i dont go for that.
A 49 year old man is going to meet mainly 40 something women, who mostly have kids. Right now, the oldest Millennial women are 41-42. As the 2020s progress and more 1980s born Millennials turn 40, being 40-45 and childless will become more common. When X'ers got to their 40s, childlessness in one's 40s was less common than it will be with the Millennials.

With Millennials, it's a certain subset of the 1980s born ones that will be turning 40 and will be childless at 40, That's mainly White and middle-class or higher Millennials. Lower income, minority Millennials born in the 1980s have managed to have their babies out of wedlock during the last 15 years. Even some of them have had fewer babies as both the late 2000s/early 2010s recession and the pandemic induced economic uncertainty has affected birth rates.

However, right now, there are many mid to late-30s White, middle-class + Millennials who have managed to couple up are squeezing out their 1-2 "Last Call" babies. In my local area social circle, there have been 7 pregnancies/live births from the beginning of 2022-now. These were couples that could not have waited any longer. I mention this in the thread below....

At age 49, you are going to be mainly interacting with late Gen X'ers (think 1975-1980 births) unless you're wealthy enough to get someone 10-15 years younger. Even a woman 10-15 years younger for you will still be old-ish (34-39). You're either dealing with single moms or childless careerists. Both options have downsides.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tonight i have the opportunity to go with A my latina bartender target to see thew new Fast and Furious but her brother and some other friends will be there. They are all native Spanish speakers, and it might be a little too challenging. A is 30 and has one child.. a little old for me but we are getting along well. My Spanish isn't good enough to keep up with conversations between native speakers so i will pass on this opportunity. No opportunity to isolate or escalate.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky - Are you divorced then or are you just seeing women on the side? Just curious.

While wives/LTRs don't LIKE it, I think it keeps them honest for you to always have some women in the background that you talk to/talk to you and that are clearly "available" to you. Doesn't mean you would cheat, but it sends a clear message to your LTR/wife that you have options if she steps out of line. I think this is key in being able to maintain frame over the course of years.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not divorced. Its complicated and i learned from the last 2 years that the less i say the better about it. Let's just say my wife is a plate now and unfortunately not a very compliant one. I'm open to reconciling with her but i'll never not run game and have other options again.

I think she knew from the past that i was good at game and a flight risk. It was what happened several months into the pandemic that kind of shifted the balance of power in very negative ways for me. No use rehashing at all. The dynamic is different between us now for sure. Much better than late 2020 but not where it needs to be for her to be my primary.

She is from another country where mistresses are almost expected.

I'm recently back in the game. I had a very successful vacation where i competed in an athletic endeavor and went out running game. Some of those women might fall under "Area codes". Apparently women like long distance things. I can play into that illusion even though i know long distance does not work.. frankly its ok for it not to work. Flings but no rings.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not divorced. Its complicated and i learned from the last 2 years that the less i say the better about it. Let's just say my wife is a plate now and unfortunately not a very compliant one. I'm open to reconciling with her but i'll never not run game and have other options again.

I think she knew from the past that i was good at game and a flight risk. It was what happened several months into the pandemic that kind of shifted the balance of power in very negative ways for me. No use rehashing at all. The dynamic is different between us now for sure. Much better than late 2020 but not where it needs to be for her to be my primary.

She is from another country where mistresses are almost expected.

I'm recently back in the game. I had a very successful vacation where i competed in an athletic endeavor and went out running game. Some of those women might fall under "Area codes". Apparently women like long distance things. I can play into that illusion even though i know long distance does not work.. frankly its ok for it not to work. Flings but no rings.
Sounds like you are in a good head space with the whole thing.

If you aren't in the right dynamic with your wife, are you staying with her purely for financial or child reasons? I would just divorce and move on personally - but I know everyone is different.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the right frame and what was a much better marriage/relationship than what i perceive most had for many years. In some ways it was a a very 1950's marriage where i led and did what i wanted. Most can't tolerate the thought of that in todays society. She loved it. Until i did some very dumb things that for most guys would be irrecoverable.

I am student of influence and persuasion. .call it mind control if you like. She has slowly fallen back into line. She felt like a slave before. I don't manipulate women, i give them what they want emotionally and physically and they simply struggle to find something like that elsewhere.

Or maybe i'm just well endowed. It works.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i give them what they want emotionally and physically and they simply struggle to find something like that elsewhere.
How do you discern their emotional needs at any given time?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you discern their emotional needs at any given time?
It wasn't intuitive for sure. I work with about 80 percent women so that's given me many more reps in understanding the differences between what women say, how they are acting and what's really going on at a given time.

The biggest gains the last 2 years is that i've become a much better listener. Cliff notes is.. i couldn't understand why some fairly simp-like guys were holding the attention of women they shouldn't. It was their listening skills. Ultimately the simp failed in other ways but in these two particular cases there listening game was way more on point than most high testosterone guys like me who aren't as naturally empathetic.